Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any team trading unprotected picks for either Keldon or Poeltl, the best option if the Spurs want another lottey pick next year is that Charlotte lifts the protections on their pick hoping they make the playoffs and that pick doesn't land in the lottery.
    The point of my post was to compare Charlotte weakening the protections on their 2023 pick (maybe to #1-4?) to getting a guaranteed first from another team, presumably in the #20-25 range. I also don't think the Spurs are getting any unprotected picks for Poeltl or Keldon. But I don't see Charlotte lifting the protections entirely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The goal is to get two top ten picks, the one from Charlotte and the Spurs.
    Yeah, except we’re not going to. If they’re blowing it up, there’s no way they unprotect the pick. If they’re not, they’ll be looking to improve to keep Melo, so, no chance it’s top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The goal is to get two top ten picks, the one from Charlotte and the Spurs.
    cant get a top 10 pick from charlotte

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant get a top 10 pick from charlotte
    I think his plan was to trade something to them to remove the protection. Fool’s errand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his plan was to trade something to them to remove the protection. Fool’s errand.
    doenst make sense at any level. if we send them a positive asset like jak, that makes it more likely that they just end up picking past 16 and we'd have gotten the pick anyway

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doenst make sense at any level. if we send them a positive asset like jak, that makes it more likely that they just end up picking past 16 and we'd have gotten the pick anyway
    You think Charlotte is better than Miami, Atlanta, Boston, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Toronto, Chicago or Cleveland with Poeltl and losing Miles Bridges?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think best used of the CHA pick is to use it in another deal which may return other picks later on (no 2023).

I think any deal with CHA may lift future protections. I don't see them having any incentive to drop protections on 23 now.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think best used of the CHA pick is to use it in another deal which may return other picks later on (no 2023).

I think any deal with CHA may lift future protections. I don't see them having any incentive to drop protections on 23 now.
    I like the idea of potentially rolling that Charlotte 2023 pick into a (hopefully more lightly protected) 2024 (or later) pick. And yes, getting them to lift protections in the future is another way to upgrade the pick rather than only focusing on the 2023 protections.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of potentially rolling that Charlotte 2023 pick into a (hopefully more lightly protected) 2024 (or later) pick. And yes, getting them to lift protections in the future is another way to upgrade the pick rather than only focusing on the 2023 protections.
    Spurs already have future picks, would rather get that 2023 extra pick's protections lifted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs already have future picks, would rather get that 2023 extra pick's protections lifted.
    I just don't see that happening unless we trade them Keldon or Devin

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all seriousness, KJ could be the perfect player for them to give them back what they just lost with the Bridges drama. And Imho we could maximize his trading value trading him to Charlotte for draft picks (the next year's one eliminating the top 16 protection plus the 2035 one)...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all history proves you don’t win with a bunch of rookies! So, unless we are drafting a can’t miss prospect, we will probably punt on the pick anyway. People obviously are forgetting Ayton was the #1 pick and now he has the possibility of being moved! In this game there are no guarantees but one thing is for sure, ROOKIES don’t win championships!

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would trade them keldon for them to lift protections on that 23 pick. I don't think they'll make the playoffs in the east.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all history proves you don’t win with a bunch of rookies! So, unless we are drafting a can’t miss prospect, we will probably punt on the pick anyway. People obviously are forgetting Ayton was the #1 pick and now he has the possibility of being moved! In this game there are no guarantees but one thing is for sure, ROOKIES don’t win championships!
    The top of the 23 draft class has players better than Keldon.

If the spurs can get two top ten players who could both be franchise changing players (which Keldon is not) to go along with the rookies they got this year and other young players then they have the foundation for future success.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs aren't winning any time soon anyways. Those rookies will not be rookies in a couple of years and near age of one another they can peak around the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs aren't winning any time soon anyways. Those rookies will not be rookies in a couple of years and near age of one another they can peak around the same time.
    You haven't seen a single game of these guys yet, but you already call them "franchise changing players".

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't seen a single game of these guys yet, but you already call them "franchise changing players".
    They have a chance to be. I've seen Keldon and he never will be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot> Wemby.
    Wemby = Ralph Sampson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot> Wemby.
    Wemby = Ralph Sampson.
    God, you’re dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot> Wemby.
    Wemby = Ralph Sampson.
    definitely not. Besides that Scoot is absolutely not Spurs material when it comes to character. That guy will leave as soon as possible

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said Could be franchise changing players.

Keldon I know is not a franchise player.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God, you’re dumb.
    No need for that just because you disagree.

Your opinions aren't any better than anyone elses.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    definitely not. Besides that Scoot is absolutely not Spurs material when it comes to character. That guy will leave as soon as possible
    I'm tired of people always wanting to pass on top potential players because they don't supposedly have character.

Spurs need to add the top talent when they can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God, you’re dumb.
    God your naive. They said the same thing about Sampson and Bradley for that matter. It's even worse for Wemby now. The NBA is all about the three. Very little else matters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of people always wanting to pass on top potential players because they don't supposedly have character.

Spurs need to add the top talent when they can.
    Totally agree - I think right now you got 3 legit NBA Franchise players in this draft.

1. Wem - Center
    2. Henderson - PG
    3.G.G. Jackson - "He would be crazy not to come out early" PF - Plus watched his interviews he screams Spurs player

As long as we get one of these 3 players I am confident we "Could" have one of our Franchise players..
    Last edited by BackHome; 07-21-2022 at 07:06 PM.

Thread Information