Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm leaning towards FO taking Scoot over Wemby... with Spurs' history with injuries, Wemby's gonna be a bust in SA
    Better to draft Wemby trade him for Scoot + another draft pick or player than to draft Scoot number one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'd be very happy with either Victor or Scoot. I am not greedy, would be extremely happy with a top 2 pick in this draft. Definitely doesn't have to be number one pick only.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm leaning towards FO taking Scoot over Wemby... with Spurs' history with injuries, Wemby's gonna be a bust in SA
    What Spurs history of injuries?

Scared money don’t make money.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the Clippers are the ones with the injury curse. It’s fitting they end up with Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t really like Henderson at ude on the court. I already noticed during the games versus Wembanyama that he seems to provoke and moke a lot, and you can see that on the dunk he had last night. I’m not sure that would please Pop. On the contrary you will never see Wembanyama trashtalking, even after a never seen before action. He fits the Spurs’ mentality more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor is our guy.

Tall like Timmy, French like Tony, skilled like Manu.

Hopefully he's not injury prone like nephw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot and Victor would be great outcomes for this draft. No issue if we get either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot and Victor would be great outcomes for this draft. No issue if we get either.
    don't get greedy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not saying both, but either one would be great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And implies both. If you say Wemby OR scoot, that means you’d be happy with either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just pray brother

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And implies both. If you say Wemby OR scoot, that means you’d be happy with either.
    He did say either in the next sentance, not both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. I'd be ok with anywhere in the Top 3. Its not like its VW or bust.
    At this point, i do not trust popovich or the front office. I wouldn't be shocked if they picked a 2nd rounder with the 3rd pick and sent him to the G league for the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all history proves you don’t win with a bunch of rookies! So, unless we are drafting a can’t miss prospect, we will probably punt on the pick anyway. People obviously are forgetting Ayton was the #1 pick and now he has the possibility of being moved! In this game there are no guarantees but one thing is for sure, ROOKIES don’t win championships!
    Tell Magic and Rusell that lol. plus Bird, Duncan, and Kareem all won in their 2nd year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell Magic and Rusell that lol. plus Bird, Duncan, and Kareem all won in their 2nd year.
    I don't think you'll see rookies having much of a first-year impact anymore. They come into the league after a year of college with a lot of basketball to learn. Back in the day, a Duncan or Bird or Kareem was very ready to transform a team right away. They actually knew how to play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, i do not trust popovich or the front office. I wouldn't be shocked if they picked a 2nd rounder with the 3rd pick and sent him to the G league for the season.
    I would've said the same before this season, but we've got a 9th pick with obvious flaws and he's been playing point a lot.
    They finally realized we're not getting anywhere without talent and you can't develop talent without playing them.

Magic had Kareem, Duncan had Robinson, Bird had former MVP Cowens and a few more great players, Kareem had the greatest point guard in history at the time, Oscar.
    Russell was drafted in '57, with Celtics buying a pick in excange for a circus show or whatever. Different times.

Point being that all of them got drafted into very good teams.
    If we for example get Victor and he actually turns out to be KD+Gobert in one, we could trade for another star and contend right away. Same goes for other tanking teams.
    Dallas had the misfortune of Luka being too good on a subpar roster, so now they can't get enough help for him to contend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read it a little closer big dog; I said a bunch of rookies���� Adding a rookie to an established core is different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would've said the same before this season, but we've got a 9th pick with obvious flaws and he's been playing point a lot.
    They finally realized we're not getting anywhere without talent and you can't develop talent without playing them.

Magic had Kareem, Duncan had Robinson, Bird had former MVP Cowens and a few more great players, Kareem had the greatest point guard in history at the time, Oscar.
    Russell was drafted in '57, with Celtics buying a pick in excange for a circus show or whatever. Different times.

Point being that all of them got drafted into very good teams.
    If we for example get Victor and he actually turns out to be KD+Gobert in one, we could trade for another star and contend right away. Same goes for other tanking teams.
    Dallas had the misfortune of Luka being too good on a subpar roster, so now they can't get enough help for him to contend.
    Worrying about his supporting cast in year one isn’t the most important thing. He’s a slightly built kid with injury concerns who’s playing like 5 games a month. Let’s just get him through 82 games. We’re not contending in year one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    paging offset

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I secretly hope spurs trade up for my man Bilal, but still not sure how high he can go. depending on "respected" mock drafts you check, he's projected from 18 to 30... No way spurs get him for their second, so do it Brian.

I pretty sure they won't work him out or ITV him if they're interested, not to drag attention. And they know who he is.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I secretly hope spurs trade up for my man Bilal, but still not sure how high he can go. depending on "respected" mock drafts you check, he's projected from 18 to 30... No way spurs get him for their second, so do it Brian.

I pretty sure they won't work him out or ITV him if they're interested, not to drag attention. And they know who he is.
    Do you like him more than Keldon?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If VW likes him I’d say trade up for him, ideally using the SRPs. I’m intrigued by him. I’m on board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you like him more than Keldon?
    Right now, ofc not. Keldon is a more valuable, proven player, but Bilal has intriguing potential and now that we got Wemby maybe we can take a flyer on him with the familiarity he has with Vic as a bonus. He could be interesting as a bench guy behind Keldon and eventually as a cheap replacement if Keldon is traded...

It's true that coaches and teammates comments should always be taken with a grain of salt, but what Wemby is saying is pretty detailed and accurate. Bilal is all around and two way. Still raw and to be polished but great defensive instincts and a guy that could actually thrive more in the NBA than euro ball thanks to his speed and athleticism... Now, there's always risks and nothing is guarantee d but that's the young guys with potential spurs could transform into a very valuable player in the right environment and with Wemby besides him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is going to get levered all the way to the lottery lol. Amazing how there is ALWAYS a guy this time of year

Thread Information