Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Coulibaly getting into the late lottery, but feel he's going to remain overlooked. OKC could bite, but there will be a guy like Leonard Miller there. Feels like the top 10 has been pretty much booked for a while, even with Nick Smith and Keyonte George moving out a few months ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bufkin was fouled at the 9:19 mark and went to the bench to get medical attention. His finger appeared to be dislocated. He proceeded to knock down both free throws, then hit 2 straight three-pointers. That was part of a 10-0 Michigan run to take a 57-56 lead and a personal 8-0 surge.

I posted that in another thread, from an Illinois-Michigan game that went to overtime. Not sure what will become the 'official' thread of draft picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There a couple of players who measurements and play in the combine have pushed them from high second to now possible mid to late first rounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not forget the Spurs fascination with combine darlings...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those vids have honestly little to no interest if you don't see the full session. They obviously won't show you all the misses and there's no one to defend for zero pressure shoots... Lots of guys who can knock 10 3s in a row alone in the gym.
    Still somehow intersting to see the shooting mechanics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those vids have honestly little to no interest if you don't see the full session. They obviously won't show you all the misses and there's no one to defend for zero pressure shoots... Lots of guys who can knock 10 3s in a row alone in the gym.
    Still somehow intersting to see the shooting mechanics.
    I agree. Just posting information RE: Spurstalk player interest and prior drafting trends. Sheppard looked a lot better in the scrimmage for example than Adam Flager who the Spurs had previously reported to have worked out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bilal Coulibaly is unknown to me. However, I just went and started watching a draft video of him on you tube. He is built like Michael Cooper or Orlando Woolridge but seems smooth like Adrian Dantley. I am going to look into more videos of him. So far, I like what I see, especially since Cooper was one of the best on ball defenders in NBA history and Adrian Dantley was one of my favorite players of the 80s.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone else see the Hornets trading Ball and drafting scoot? Ball has had injury problems and so has his brother. Could it be something where it would be better for them to trade him now and get assets for him rather then him getting hurt again and the assets being less? Would they get more in a trade by trading away a proven player then by trading back or not picking the best player available? I am not saying scoot should or should not be the 2nd pick but I could see where if a team would offer a good package for Ball the hornets would take it and move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Just posting information RE: Spurstalk player interest and prior drafting trends. Sheppard looked a lot better in the scrimmage for example than Adam Flager who the Spurs had previously reported to have worked out.
    Wasn't a shot at you, that's still interesting to put players on ST's map and talk them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone else see the Hornets trading Ball and drafting scoot? Ball has had injury problems and so has his brother. Could it be something where it would be better for them to trade him now and get assets for him rather then him getting hurt again and the assets being less? Would they get more in a trade by trading away a proven player then by trading back or not picking the best player available? I am not saying scoot should or should not be the 2nd pick but I could see where if a team would offer a good package for Ball the hornets would take it and move on.
    I do think trading Ball is something they should vett out, but with the team being up for sale I don't think they make that move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think trading Ball is something they should vett out, but with the team being up for sale I don't think they make that move.
    Team isn’t actually for sale. MJ is selling enough of his shares so he will no longer be the majority owner. That’s all that’s for sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't. Lamello is really good and they haven't really seen how good he can be yet. Trading him for Scoot is wildly overrating Scoot, too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team isn’t actually for sale. MJ is selling enough of his shares so he will no longer be the majority owner. That’s all that’s for sale.
    But there would be a new majority owner correct? Kinda like when Kohl sold his interest in the Bucks?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't. Lamello is really good and they haven't really seen how good he can be yet. Trading him for Scoot is wildly overrating Scoot, too.
    Is he though? Good i will give you but really good I think is a stretch. He does not shoot much over 42%. good but not great 3% on high shooting avg scoring better then avg ast for a guard. He also will be coming up on an extension shortly. What does he give that scoot wouldnt. If Portland would give up pick 3 and 1 future 1st unprotected I think you jump on it. Washington if they do 8+ 2 1st once again jump on it. I am not saying you give him away for nothing but both those teams want established players and depending on the return I would not consider him a cornerstone of the team.
    If you take his record this year 13-23 and put it in a regular season it would be 29-30 games. They won 27 with him playing about half the season. the team is not much better with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't a shot at you, that's still interesting to put players on ST's map and talk them.
    Never thought it was JPB. Just agreed with the take and wanted to further explain why I’d post it.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be the smart thing to do but the Hornets are not smart so I expect them to draft Miller.
    Last edited by rascal; 05-23-2023 at 11:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft is one month away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​​​​
    Let's not forget the Spurs fascination with combine darlings...

I am also liking me some Ben Sheppard kind of reminds me a little of Branham but a much better defender -
    2022-23 - 32G - 18pts - TRB 5.2 - FG% 47.5 FG3% 41.5 - FT% 68.4 - eFG 56.3

Also, like Jalen Slawson - HT: 6'6.50 - Wing: 6'11.75 - Another guy who is a really good one on one and team defender
    2022-23 36G - 15.6pts - TRB 7.1 - FG% 55.6 - FG3% 39.4 - FT% 77.5 - efg 61.5
    Last edited by BackHome; 05-22-2023 at 06:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST likes to think about the dream scenario of the Spurs landing Scoot in addition to Wemby... but how about:

Hornets take Scoot #2
    Hornets trade Lamelo Ball to POR for #3 and Anfernee Simons and take Brandon Miller

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST likes to think about the dream scenario of the Spurs landing Scoot in addition to Wemby... but how about:

Hornets take Scoot #2
    Hornets trade Lamelo Ball to POR for #3 and Anfernee Simons and take Brandon Miller
    I could see something along these lines. I just see a good chance for Char to reset their team and have 3 young players to grow together. They also would have a PG and a C with some win players. It is a good start to a team. all of them may not make it but if they do it would be on the same timeline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hornets take Scoot #2
    I'd do that if I were Charlotte, but if I'm Portland I don't think I do that. I don't think Melo is enough to get them there... they need more players than that. I'd be more inclined to do the trade someone suggested earlier and trade back with Orlando and then repackage 6 and 11 in separate deals to add two or more players that might be more complimentary to Lillard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    26 years ago?
    I was damn good looking, on top of the of the world with a new job I had no business deserving in L.A. and punching above my weight before 9/11 crushed everything around me.

Now? I'm still pretty good looking. Dad bod...
    Still punching above my weight, but marriage helps keep the flame alive.

Happy to be happy is all I ask and happy for our Spurs to get this chance again.

I will always remember '99.

Every one of them and will enjoy all of this till I can't any longer.

KingKev

I'm not old! lol

Middle aged... yeah.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was 17 years old and finishing up my junior year of high school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was 11, a 5th grader, and 2 years away from becoming a Spurs (and actual basketball) fan. Crazy how time flies, Timmy was just in his 2nd season then and as of right now has been retired for 7 years already.

Thread Information