Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know its super early. But is it true that the NBA is going to allow drafting players straight out of high school again? If so its going to be exciting!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tank for Wemby down the stretch of this season is gonna be wild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know its super early. But is it true that the NBA is going to allow drafting players straight out of high school again? If so its going to be exciting!
    Not in 2023 it looks like.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some great players in this draft. I've been looking into some of the players projected in the top few picks.
    The Spurs are going to add a great player.

If the Spurs don't get 1 they can get a PG better than Murray in Scoot Henderson at 2.

Or Dariq Whitehead.

Spurs will fall into the top 3 or 4 picks.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs need to trade with Charlotte(send them Poeltl) to have them lift the protections on their pick even if they let Charlotte keep the pick if it's first overall.

Spurs get lucky with the first pick, their own pick take Wembanyama(5 locked up) and get Charlotte's pick at 2 take Scoot Henderson(1 locked up).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs need to trade with Charlotte(send them Poeltl) to have them lift the protections on their pick even if they let Charlotte keep the pick if it's first overall.

Spurs get lucky with the first pick, their own pick take Wembanyama(5 locked up) and get Charlotte's pick at 2 take Scoot Henderson(1 locked up).
    Charlotte is in rebuild mode again. With Bridges being a punk a$$ human being, they basically are putting all players up for sale except LaMelo.

They aren't going to remove any protections most likely unless you are taking back Rozier and Hayward.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte is in rebuild mode again. With Bridges being a punk a$$ human being, they basically are putting all players up for sale except LaMelo.

They aren't going to remove any protections most likely unless you are taking back Rozier and Hayward.
    Agree, unfortunately that Charlotte pick won't be a future first round pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, unfortunately that Charlotte pick won't be a future first round pick.
    They probably have to make it to PO, else Ball will leave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the 'protect' on that Cha pick. Top 5?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the 'protect' on that Cha pick. Top 5?
    Top 16…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Bridges was going back to CHA, chance that 1st would have conveyed to the Spurs. But CHA blowing things up means that we most likely we received 2 FRPs from ATL and 2 SRPs from CHA in the Murray trade.

I can't see CHA really doing that well over the next 2-3 seasons unless they win the lottery next year and get that french kid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think they've put everyone up for sale or bailed on pushing for the playoffs because of Bridges... I do think it changes their priorities though...before getting off Hayward to help their cap situation was a priority...now not nearly as much...they're more likely to be buyers now than sellers.... players like Jak and KJ are probably higher on their list now than before Miles decided to ruin his leverage with resigning...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tank for Wemby down the stretch of this season is gonna be wild.
    Certainly between the 3rd and 4th place team. Theres gonna be some seriously overt player personnel choices to lose and it should be hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The projected top 5 in 2023 would have potentially supplanted the majority of the top 5 in 2022. Granted the next year has to play out and prospects can get injured or underperform. Just preparing mentally that the Spurs won’t get #1 but they should still get someone with way more upside than all of our teenagers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    16 for year one, 14 for years 2 and 3. It was basically a throw in pick that we got so we could say we got 3 FRPs.

They literally can’t have a fire sale, unless it includes LaMelo. They desperately need to make the playoffs, or he’s gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They have a multi talented young PG who made the ASG in year two, and can be offered an MAX extension next summer, and you think they’re going to blow it up for a 14% chance at Wembanyana? If they miss, Ball is gone, and they have neither. I feel comfortable in saying, barring an injury to Ball, CHA will be one of the only borderline playoff teams that will NOT tank this year.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think getting Charlotte to lift protections on their pick due to the spurs, except for first overall which would make Charlotte more liekly to lift the protections is the spurs best chance of getting another lottery pick in next year's draft.

Trade Keldon and or Poeltl to them.

Next year's lottery class has some great players and it would be smart if the spurs can get two lottery picks (even if the Charlotte pick is protected for number 1).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a multi talented young PG who made the ASG in year two, and can be offered an MAX extension next summer, and you think they’re going to blow it up for a 14% chance at Wembanyana? If they miss, Ball is gone, and they have neither. I feel comfortable in saying, barring an injury to Ball, CHA will be one of the only borderline playoff teams that will NOT tank this year.
    Saw a tweet, that all pieces are moveable for them. Without bridges, I don't think they are even a play-in team.

They've been out there wanting to move on from the money owed to Hayward and Rozier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a tweet, that all pieces are moveable for them. Without bridges, I don't think they are even a play-in team.

They've been out there wanting to move on from the money owed to Hayward and Rozier.
    The problem is, to get rid of Rozier and Hayward, they're going to have to PAY assets, slowing any rebuild. They might as well put Lamelo on the market if they do that.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand the whole idea of trading assets to Charlotte to get them to weaken the protections on their 2023 first that the Spurs now have. If the Spurs make the Hornets better, the protections are less likely to matter because their pick would be lower. I guess the best-case scenario would be that the Hornets think they improve enough to remove the protections, then miss the playoffs anyway. But is that worth burning assets (Poeltl, maybe Keldon?) that could return actual picks of their own elsewhere? Unless the Hornets get decimated by injuries, even if they fall into the lottery they will probably be at the bottom (pick 13/14) anyway.

There's a point where even a pick in the 20s from a good team is worth more than a chance at a small handful of ping pong balls, even for a true game changer like Wembanyama.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand the whole idea of trading assets to Charlotte to get them to weaken the protections on their 2023 first that the Spurs now have. If the Spurs make the Hornets better, the protections are less likely to matter because their pick would be lower. I guess the best-case scenario would be that the Hornets think they improve enough to remove the protections, then miss the playoffs anyway. But is that worth burning assets (Poeltl, maybe Keldon?) that could return actual picks of their own elsewhere? Unless the Hornets get decimated by injuries, even if they fall into the lottery they will probably be at the bottom (pick 13/14) anyway.

There's a point where even a pick in the 20s from a good team is worth more than a chance at a small handful of ping pong balls, even for a true game changer like Wembanyama.
    Next year a top 10 lottery pick will be a great player to add to the Spurs.

Charlotte isn't that good and even with Poeltl or Keldon might not be a playoff team(lost Bridges) and they are a Melo injury away from having a top 5 pick next year.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't see any team trading unprotected picks for either Keldon or Poeltl, the best option if the Spurs want another lottey pick next year is that Charlotte lifts the protections on their pick hoping they make the playoffs and that pick doesn't land in the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Charlotte isn't that good and even with Poeltl or Keldon might not be a playoff team(lost Bridges) and they are a Melo injury away from having a top 5 pick next year.
    Josh Richardson would be a great fill in for Bridges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Judging by our transactions so far, we'll earn one.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judging by our transactions so far, we'll earn one.
    The goal is to get two top ten picks, the one from Charlotte and the Spurs.

Thread Information