Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is we got plenty of options…. Ray Mccallum, Nico laprovittola, Nando de Colo, TJ Ford, Gary Neal, Roger Mason lmao jk jk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This new woke Pop might’ve made something out of Beno or Antonio Daniels instead of breaking their souls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis Schroeder is available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still want a way to land Micic. I’d do it for JRich if OKC would (doubtful)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still want a way to land Micic. I’d do it for JRich if OKC would (doubtful)
    Apparently doesn't want to play for a re-building team. If he can be persuaded otherwise though, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 team trade where whatever they get for Richardson is rerouted to the Thunder for his rights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have three PGs on the roster and a couple of open spots even before guys like Poeltl and Richardson are shown the door. They should bring in a vet to help run the team. People keep wanting the young guys learn but don't think it would be easier to do that with vets on the floor with them. It's like thinking that kids teaching themselves in school is somehow better than having a teacher in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t there a story that the FO view Primo as a PG?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have three PGs on the roster
    Are you seriously counting Primo and Wesley?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was an ST article and those go either way as far as truth is concerned despite many taking his word as gospel.

Primo is as much of a PG as Harden is. You can play him out there as the sole distributor with shooters around him or you can play him out there with a Pat Bev or Irving and maximize his versatility both on offense and defense. With Primo, he’s unusually strong and has good fundamentals on defense similar to how White would be. Primo is also already above average as an offball shooter, with the IQ to space the floor by always moving.

So it remains to be seen how Primo will be used this upcoming season. I know for sure he will start as a PG in the summer league due to knowing the playbook. When the regular season starts though, I’m betting it will be different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo gives you options. A truly modern NBA player if he works out.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This new woke Pop might’ve made something out of Beno or Antonio Daniels instead of breaking their souls.
    Lindsey Hunter broke Beno's soul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have three PGs on the roster and a couple of open spots even before guys like Poeltl and Richardson are shown the door. They should bring in a vet to help run the team. People keep wanting the young guys learn but don't think it would be easier to do that with vets on the floor with them. It's like thinking that kids teaching themselves in school is somehow better than having a teacher in there.
    Who is the third PG on the roster? It's Primo and Jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same guy who is adamant about current Zach being a PF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is the third PG on the roster? It's Primo and Jones.
    Wesley he’s a combo guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is as much of a PG as Harden is. You can play him out there as the sole distributor with shooters around him or you can play him out there with a Pat Bev or Irving and maximize his versatility both on offense and defense.
    Harden is one of the greatest play makers of all time. Primo hasn't proven himself at this level period, let alone in that role or as the sole option to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is one of the greatest play makers of all time. Primo hasn't proven himself at this level period, let alone in that role or as the sole option to do so.
    Yes, I understand where Harden stands and I’m not delusional about Primo’s level as a player. I’m merely referencing his archetype and what his current tools are. It’s proven he has some ability to make passes others cannot. He’s big. He’s not exceptionally quick. He’s strong. There’s plenty there to draw comparisons to if you’re looking at base level only. Yes, he’s not proven that he can own that role against NBA players and I’m not disputing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley he’s a combo guard.
    I wouldn't trust his handles at this point yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don’t think people realize how technical Harden’s game is. Combine that with his elite anticipation skills and it’s no wonder why he’s a special player.

Primo needs to continue honing the technical aspects of the game. If he does, then maybe he can be at least 25% the player Harden is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't trust his handles at this point yet.
    I realize he’s just a rookie but Wesley has the most 2 way talent of this Spurs draft class. These 3 point guard prospects are much more advanced than Cory Joseph was during the ‘13 Finals. The few minutes that Cory played those Finals I think that might’ve been the most fear I’ve ever felt in my life. It was sickening. Also these 3 have better handles than Murray his first 2 seasons as well don’t forget how bad his handles were.

Honestly bro, I already said this in another thread, but if Poeltl and Richardson don’t get traded the Spurs will have a virtually identical record. I love Murray but he wasn’t a traditional point guard either so we’re not losing any offensive efficiency. These kids will run the offense and there won’t be much drop off. Only difference will be more scoring opportunities for KJ and Vassell.

I know I’m in the minority here, but I would have absolutely no issue with Tre Jones starting the whole season. He’s already had experience stepping in for Murray and he’ll be that much more effective this season. Definitely his 3 point attempts will increase. He won’t have to carry the load anyways but just saying.

I had to stomach Avery Johnson as a point guard for several years so I’m not concerned whatsoever. The collective talent at point or lead guard might be the most the Spurs have had at that position. Late Lottery, Late 1st round, Early 2nd round. Point guard will be the least of this teams issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brian Wright made a statement to the media on the night Primo was drafted that the Spurs saw Primo as being able to play point guard, at least sometimes.

The exact quote:

“We saw him playing some point guard at times, …”

Source:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/08/30...-lottery-pick/

The Spurs saw a possibility of Primo at point guard before they drafted him, and they haven’t changed their minds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I understand where Harden stands and I’m not delusional about Primo’s level as a player. I’m merely referencing his archetype and what his current tools are. It’s proven he has some ability to make passes others cannot. He’s big. He’s not exceptionally quick. He’s strong. There’s plenty there to draw comparisons to if you’re looking at base level only. Yes, he’s not proven that he can own that role against NBA players and I’m not disputing that.
    I know, but it's all theoretical at this point and it's more than likely asking too much of him to start and primarily play PG in a lineup with no other creators,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright made a statement to the media on the night Primo was drafted that the Spurs saw Primo as being able to play point guard, at least sometimes.

The exact quote:

“We saw him playing some point guard at times, …”

Source:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/08/30...-lottery-pick/

The Spurs saw a possibility of Primo at point guard before they drafted him, and they haven’t changed their minds.
    I definitely think Primo is starting at PG. Absolutely. And Tre Jones is backup.

Sochan will wind up handling the ball - he can just rebound and go - and then I figure Richardson will handle some. Wesley will be in Austin mostly.

That's it. They'll probably sign some cheapo-stinko guard from Summer Leagues for third string.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely think Primo is starting at PG. Absolutely. And Tre Jones is backup.

Sochan will wind up handling the ball - he can just rebound and go - and then I figure Richardson will handle some. Wesley will be in Austin mostly.

That's it. They'll probably sign some cheapo-stinko guard from Summer Leagues for third string.
    J-Rich can also facilitate IF he’s not moved

Starter
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, PG is a key position to young player development. Think Chris Paul's impact with the young Suns and even Rubio's value to Cleveland last season (pre-injury). A vet PG would be invaluable to all our youth development (incl Primo) without hurting wins/pick much. Just not Westbrook! Maybe Conley (plus pick) if Utah needs to dump salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly it’s Primo but i don’t see it. At least not yet.

Trey surprised me last year when given opportunities. Still not a threat to shoot from outside but does everything else at a fairly high level. He’s a better CoJo

Thread Information