Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just texted Pop, voiced yalls concerns about Dieng taking Sochan's minutes, how we just can't afford another Splitter situation. He understood.
    a little late to be chatting with Pop. Everyone knows not to talk to him after 12noon; especially in the off-season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao at anyone who thinks this signing will stop the tank. if there's a possible reason for this team to overachieve, it's gonna be because the young guys start to develop and have a breakout season. not because of gorgui dieng.
    Someone needs to wave the towel when we get a lead ... if we get a lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf do you guys want tho, lmao. This team shouldn't be signing any FAs or making any moves besides getting more draft picks for Jakob, McDermott, and Richardson. One year rental of a vet to teach a specific skillset to the rookies is good
    We're prolly not getting anything valuable in return for McBuckets this year, tbh.

We should just keep him as whatever minutes he plays will be a boon for our Tank.

And trading him the following year would be a bit easier at his 13mil expiring salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why...just why

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're prolly not getting anything valuable in return for McBuckets this year, tbh.

We should just keep him as whatever minutes he plays will be a boon for our Tank.

And trading him the following year would be a bit easier at his 13mil expiring salary.
    Actually very few people in nba move as well as Doug without ball or constantly like Rip...plus his shooting off screens/while moving...if he can pass that down to a youngster with their defense he's gonna create a beast to replace himself

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just texted Pop, voiced yalls concerns about Dieng taking Sochan's minutes, how we just can't afford another Splitter situation. He understood.
    God's work scroh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa Spursssssssssss!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng is kinda done. Spot minutes, veteran leadership. Yeah we need that. If you expect him to play 20mins p/n on a 10 game stretch, we are in big trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng is kinda done. Spot minutes, veteran leadership. Yeah we need that. If you expect him to play 20mins p/n on a 10 game stretch, we are in big trouble.
    Yeah he is a deep bench guy. The reason to be excited about this signing is that it signals PATFO are finally committed to a proper rebuild after a horrible 4 yrs where they were out to lunch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually very few people in nba move as well as Doug without ball or constantly like Rip...plus his shooting off screens/while moving...if he can pass that down to a youngster with their defense he's gonna create a beast to replace himself
    I'm pretty sure he's mentoring Wieskamp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some wanted Dieng, now they've got him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect mentor for a young group and a decent fit on the floor as well.

Perhaps this signing increases the chances Poeltl will be gone soon.
    It did signal for me that they are definitely moving Jakob at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will be in big trouble anyway, a planned trouble in any case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs stacked!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder why they just did that now. Did they expect to need every little bit of cap space (and/or roster spots) and got an indication that was no longer in the cards? Was Dieng holding out for a better offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should've just signed another youngin instead of this waste of space for the 2nd time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder why they just did that now. Did they expect to need every little bit of cap space (and/or roster spots) and got an indication that was no longer in the cards? Was Dieng holding out for a better offer?
    That might be the case. Maybe the Lakers really are keeping Russ. Hard (but not impossible) to believe they're rolling back mostly the same roster as last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should've just signed another youngin instead of this waste of space for the 2nd time.
    Like who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to sign one veteran to rot on the bench every year it seems. ‘22-‘23 version of Thad Young.

Future trade filler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to sign one veteran to rot on the bench every year it seems. ‘22-‘23 version of Thad Young.

Future trade filler.
    How many minutes should a 14-15 rotation player get?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was probably under played when we had him last time. The question is if he has dropped off a lot since then. I’m cool with the signing. Veteran guy, which we desperately need. Can shoot threes. Makes sense to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little surprised they are giving up the cap space this early...we still have two months before training camp. Should have just kept it as a handshake deal until we are positive no other trade-filler opportunities pop up.

Other than that, he is exactly what we need. Good locker room presence and insurance big, isn't going to win us a lot of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little surprised they are giving up the cap space this early...we still have two months before training camp. Should have just kept it as a handshake deal until we are positive no other trade-filler opportunities pop up.

Other than that, he is exactly what we need. Good locker room presence and insurance big, isn't going to win us a lot of games.
    In two months, it will almost be the regular season tip off. Training camp is legit a month away, in September. I think they were holding MAX cap room to do a potential Westbrook trade, and this could indicate that's no longer on the table. They'll have plenty of cap room to rent out, even with signing Gorgui, still over $30M.

Thread Information