Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I agree that they would get the best out of him for a flip next year off of his expiring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you saying Doug’s a role player? Bingo….. he has an elite skill. I agree he should be moved but not because he’s some type of horrible signing.
    Given what the team lacked - and still lacks - the signing made sense, TBH. They might have overpaid him but that is the cost of being a small market on a downturn.

With Sochan, Roby and Johnson all capable of playing the four and the ability of 2/3 to make outside shots (Roby on lower attempts) that makes him expendable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the Spurs who will never admit to tanking, grabbing McDermott was a way to ensure significant losses with some plausible deniability.

Plus you know you're gonna be bad. If you brought good guys in during a tank you'll piss them off.

McDermott was always the tank commander in a gorsh shucks we can't seem to win kinda way imho. The helps with spacing thing was a flimsy cover. Doug is down because he sucks and he needs a contract. Everyone wins. Except the season ticket holders that you do not want to piss off. It's gotta look like a genuine downturn to them.

Cmon, they did MCD but they also did Young and Forbes along with lol no way they actually thought of that roster in terms of potential wins/contending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Roby. He's a great backup for Sochan, has long-term professional written all over him who can make plus plays. A heady player who can defend, rebound, hit from deep. Not entirely sure why OKC cut him. Robinson-Earl, I guess, and they'd rather find time for goofball ostrich/terrible basketball player Pokusevski.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roby was a pain in the butt against the Spurs last year

Thread Information