Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    We took our son to Magic Kingdom a couple weeks ago and I was completely underwhelmed with the park. It was my first time so i cant compare it to pre-covid but we will not be going back in quite some time. I know it's a kid theme park but you barely see any of the characters around the park.

The highlight of the park is the lack of insects. Gotta give it to them for that.

5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We took our son to Magic Kingdom a couple weeks ago and I was completely underwhelmed with the park. It was my first time so i cant compare it to pre-covid but we will not be going back in quite some time. I know it's a kid theme park but you barely see any of the characters around the park.

The highlight of the park is the lack of insects. Gotta give it to them for that.

5/10
    Sure...but what was your son's rating of it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just Magic Kingdom? There's some cool stuff in the other parks. The biggest problem tbh is dealing with the heat and the crowds. You're much better off going during an off season if that's an option, not mid-summer. But yes they are 90% for kids. You know that going in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Sure...but what was your son's rating of it?
    I'll ask him when he gets back from daycare.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Just Magic Kingdom? There's some cool stuff in the other parks. The biggest problem tbh is dealing with the heat and the crowds. You're much better off going during an off season if that's an option, not mid-summer. But yes they are 90% for kids. You know that going in.
    The heat was a pain. The crowds not so much since we reserved a lot of the rides in advance. We usually do Universal Studios which is waaay better but this was a big family trip with other kids so I got stuck with Disney this time. Next time we'll take him to animal kingdom then the adults will explore epcot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll ask him when he gets back from daycare.
    You don't know if he enjoyed it or not? Come on. You went there for him (I'm assuming for the most part). If he enjoyed it, then your rating should have been higher. Because you would enjoy the fact that he enjoyed it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    You don't know if he enjoyed it or not? Come on. You went there for him (I'm assuming for the most part). If he enjoyed it, then your rating should have been higher. Because you would enjoy the fact that he enjoyed it.
    I thought you were being silly. Since you put it that way I'd bump it up to a 6/10.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Hollywood Studios is the best Disney park. But yes, Universal is better than all of the Disney parks.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Was the coolest place ever when I was six, rock solid 10/10. Still pretty fun when I went in my teens, a good 8/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    90% for kids but these days it's more like 90% for arrested development adults if we're being honest.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Haha Joey is right to an extent. There is all these ing Disney adults. I took my son back in January and he had a blast. Which made it all worth it to me. MGM, Epcot, and animal kingdom were fun as an adult. The crowds are the worst thing. We even went in off-season and it was still rough

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Haha Joey is right to an extent. There is all these ing Disney adults. I took my son back in January and he had a blast. Which made it all worth it to me. MGM, Epcot, and animal kingdom were fun as an adult. The crowds are the worst thing. We even went in off-season and it was still rough
    The only reason I say that is because I was seeing all these people I knew who were childless taking multiple trips to Disneyland and Disneyworld and posting their photos on Facebook before I decided to not use FB anymore yrs ago. I mean to each their own but just look around at everything we're inundated with as adults when it comes to consumer ; commercials with kid like jingles geared towards adults, cartoons geared towards adults, kid outfits geared towards adults, kid behavior excused, etc...

It's a crazy world we're living in these days.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I went to Disneyland as a 6 yr old and it was fun then but I wouldn't he caught dead there unless I had a kid who wanted to go.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    ive never been to disney world, but tbh i think disneyland is a fantastic park. havent been there for about 12-13 years though. i went to disney california adventure about 9 years ago and it was kinda meh. universal studios hollywood was always fun, but i havent been there for about a decade either, so i cant comment on its current state

as far as southern california theme parks i always loved Six Flags Magic Mountain... but thats pretty different as far as target audience

when spurraider jr is old enough to care, i'd probably shoot for disneyland as the first big theme park to take him to. but if we're still living on the east coast at that point, would probably just opt for the closer disney world

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    ive never been to disney world, but tbh i think disneyland is a fantastic park. havent been there for about 12-13 years though. i went to disney california adventure about 9 years ago and it was kinda meh. universal studios hollywood was always fun, but i havent been there for about a decade either, so i cant comment on its current state

as far as southern california theme parks i always loved Six Flags Magic Mountain... but thats pretty different as far as target audience

when spurraider jr is old enough to care, i'd probably shoot for disneyland as the first big theme park to take him to. but if we're still living on the east coast at that point, would probably just opt for the closer disney world
    Yeah Magic Mountain is awesome. If you're ever around Ohio definitely check Cedar Point, blows every other park I have ever been to out of the water.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    100% this.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We took our kids to Disney World when they were too young and it was really tough. I worked really hard for any tiny bit of fun we had. That experience pretty much shaped our vacations from then on, amusement parks were not high priority. Now when the kids got around middle school age the best vacations included a stop at Cedar Point. I have close family in that area so we traveled there frequently and always had a blast. My daughter and I have been to Universal Studios a couple of times more recently for the Harry Potter experience and had a wonderful time. Never have had the desire to return to anything Disney but if I ever do it’ll be DisneyLand in LA. It was always fun when I was a kid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I would take a date to Disneyland in SoCal

I've gone a couple times in the last 5 or so years. It still has it's charm. I read OP and no characters around? Yah that's major blunder. Little kids running up to the Disney stars is one of the cuter parts. Other than that I remember the park being more full when I was younger. Or maybe we avoid and plan better. Rides are MUCH shorter with the new buy/pass stuff available.

I've only been to Universal Studios in California once in the late 90's and was disappointed
    Six Flags is bad ass for what you are going for
    Knotts Scary Farm with a date was fun too pre-Covid
    Honorable mention: Del Mar Fair

I went to Santa Monica Pier last year with date and was nice experience

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I went to SoCal Disneyland with my young European nieces. They were jaw drop most of the trip. Park is clean, charming and not too crowded. People are respectable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Yeah Magic Mountain is awesome. If you're ever around Ohio definitely check Cedar Point, blows every other park I have ever been to out of the water.
    Co-sign cedar park. That is phenomenal

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    We took our kids to Disney World when they were too young and it was really tough. I worked really hard for any tiny bit of fun we had. That experience pretty much shaped our vacations from then on, amusement parks were not high priority. Now when the kids got around middle school age the best vacations included a stop at Cedar Point. I have close family in that area so we traveled there frequently and always had a blast. My daughter and I have been to Universal Studios a couple of times more recently for the Harry Potter experience and had a wonderful time. Never have had the desire to return to anything Disney but if I ever do it’ll be DisneyLand in LA. It was always fun when I was a kid.
    If you liked Cedar Point then Magic Mountain is 100% the place to go if you're looking for an amusement park in the LA area.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I still don't understand how "Fast Passes" work. I know it's an extra expense but they all still seem relatively cheap given that you can ride more rides and you've already committed to spending a ton of money at any of these places. I'm shocked that there isn't so much demand where the price is crazy. But for an extra $20-$30 bucks, I'm always up for that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I still don't understand how "Fast Passes" work. I know it's an extra expense but they all still seem relatively cheap given that you can ride more rides and you've already committed to spending a ton of money at any of these places. I'm shocked that there isn't so much demand where the price is crazy. But for an extra $20-$30 bucks, I'm always up for that.
    Bend over, I'll show you fast pass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I'll show you fast pass.
    Worst use of a fast pass ever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    If you liked Cedar Point then Magic Mountain is 100% the place to go if you're looking for an amusement park in the LA area.
    dont know when i'd ever be in or around ohio to make plans for a cedar point trip, but that definitely sounds like my cup of tea. not sure its best for little kids though. when i was young i was pretty intimidated by magic mountain. sure they had the kids Bugs Bunny world, but that was fairly small. and you do have the generic log ride. colossus was always basically a training wheels roller coaster. havent been there for years though so they do probably have some new stuff or rides that have been replaced (just saw colossus was completely redone)

best rides i can recall were X2 (previously X), Goliath, Deja Vu, Tatsu.

mid tier was batman, riddlers revenge, scream

could be forgetting a few. very fond memories of magic mountain, would love to go back when i'm back in LA

Thread Information