Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is really interesting.
    I'd love to look into a breakdown of why the thought process is the way it is.
    You wouldn't happen to have any informative links, or points of direction to look into this, would you?
    Which part? There are a couple of different philosophies/science converging for this. The correlation between processing speed (as a function of working memory capacity" and IQ you can find with some pretty easy searches.

The idea that you may not need high IQ but you need high processing speed for some roles is more a matter of resource allocation and your ability to attract and retain talent. Complex data entry may require high processing speed (to be efficient) but not very high IQ. And a high IQ individual isn't interested in data entry jobs. Engineering requires high IQ, but processing speed is de-prioritized because complex engineering problems don't typically require immediate solutions - you are afforded (a reasonable amount of) time to arrive at solutions with the appropriate level of precision. High IQ, high processing speed individuals are special, and are in high demand, and thus cost a lot. So you don't want an organization filled with them doing tasks where their skills are fully utilized. Those folks become disengaged and leave for roles/orgs that better challenge them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which part? There are a couple of different philosophies/science converging for this. The correlation between processing speed (as a function of working memory capacity" and IQ you can find with some pretty easy searches.

The idea that you may not need high IQ but you need high processing speed for some roles is more a matter of resource allocation and your ability to attract and retain talent. Complex data entry may require high processing speed (to be efficient) but not very high IQ. And a high IQ individual isn't interested in data entry jobs. Engineering requires high IQ, but processing speed is de-prioritized because complex engineering problems don't typically require immediate solutions - you are afforded (a reasonable amount of) time to arrive at solutions with the appropriate level of precision. High IQ, high processing speed individuals are special, and are in high demand, and thus cost a lot. So you don't want an organization filled with them doing tasks where their skills are fully utilized. Those folks become disengaged and leave for roles/orgs that better challenge them.
    How 'bout an intro I can sink my teeth into?
    I know I can go and look this up myself, but I'm hoping you have a dissertation, or something more direct that you could set my eyes into the better horizon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry, and thank you for your intro.
    Things make more sense into the differentiation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook is literally the worst high volume three point shooter in the history of the NBA. Every coach & scout & analyst mentions it, and he absolutely refuses to change. So I think it's not so much IQ as stubbornness...
    Sadly for him, he doesn't excel routinely unless he's finishing at the rim. Unfortunately for him, he's never really improved that and since his athleticism is slowly leaving him, he's becoming a less efficient player daily.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been hearing some clown takes on how we'd throw in Richardson/McDormett in any trade with LA. Why would we do that? We're doing you a solid by taking on Westbrook. Richardson/McDermott are another 1st if you ask me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been hearing some clown takes on how we'd throw in Richardson/McDormett in any trade with LA. Why would we do that? We're doing you a solid by taking on Westbrook. Richardson/McDermott are another 1st if you ask me.
    Relax they are just making the trade legal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have $36M in cap room. Russ’s salary is $47M. You see the discrepancy, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

fellow Spurs engineer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have $36M in cap room. Russ’s salary is $47M. You see the discrepancy, right?
    Play nice……

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richardson yeah, but offloading McDermott no. We‘d be killing 2 birds with one stone if we trade McDermott for Russ and an unprotected first. I still don’t see that happening though. A Saric salary dump is way more likely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know an unprotected lottery would definitely be nice but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that we would do the Lakers a solid and bail them out. Let them burn in the circus that they created!

They (the Lakers) would never do us a favor if we needed it , and you all know it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know an unprotected lottery would definitely be nice but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that we would do the Lakers a solid and bail them out. Let them burn in the circus that they created!

They (the Lakers) would never do us a favor if we needed it , and you all know it!
    its not doing them a solid if we are getting their pick. its a trade, not a gift.

imagine not wanting to improve against 28 other teams in the NBA because you think you might be helping 1 team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the thing is even if the Lakers get Kyrie for Westbrook they not winning anything. They start Lonnie Walker at SG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the thing is even if the Lakers get Kyrie for Westbrook they not winning anything. They start Lonnie Walker at SG
    their roster is a dumpster fire outside of LBJ and china doll Davis. they went with old washed up geezers last year on min deals and now they're going to go with nobodies and random young dudes on min deals this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not doing them a solid if we are getting their pick. its a trade, not a gift.

imagine not wanting to improve against 28 other teams in the NBA because you think you might be helping 1 team
    Bruh the FRP is nice, eventhough we all know of the Lakers getting top FA every year and chances of rebuilding in no time compare to any other team, and likelihood of that being a late 1st round pick.

Besides bailing them of cancer Westbrook, we would be gifting them either McD or J-Rich to make salary work, both very capable players in a contending team. Spurs greatly helped Lakers chances of getting better. IF J-Rich, he alone is worth a FRP at trade deadline so that part doesn’t make sense. Even McD is arguably a potential FRP to a contender who needs a knockdown shooter.

So yeah, Spurs would be doing the Lakers solid. I also don’t like it.

I rather if there’s a way around CHA giving us Hayward, Kai Jones and picks/or making next year FRP unprotected, whatever. I rather Spurs go that route.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly for him, he doesn't excel routinely unless he's finishing at the rim. Unfortunately for him, he's never really improved that and since his athleticism is slowly leaving him, he's becoming a less efficient player daily.
    Hasn't Westbrook been a terrible finisher at the rim most of his career?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh the FRP is nice, eventhough we all know of the Lakers getting top FA every year and chances of rebuilding in no time compare to any other team, and likelihood of that being a late 1st round pick.

Besides bailing them of cancer Westbrook, we would be gifting them either McD or J-Rich to make salary work, both very capable players in a contending team. Spurs greatly helped Lakers chances of getting better. IF J-Rich, he alone is worth a FRP at trade deadline so that part doesn’t make sense. Even McD is arguably a potential FRP to a contender who needs a knockdown shooter.

I rather if there’s a way around CHA giving us Hayward, Kai Jones and picks/or making next year FRP unprotected, whatever. I rather Spurs go that route.
    Lakers signed Shaquille O’Nealin 1996. They signed LeBron in 2018. LeBron also didn’t sign because they were the Lakers, he signed because they were in LA, entertainment Capitol of the world, that’s his next career, and he’s getting ready to transition into it.

That’s it. Two prime FA guys in 22 years. Everyone else was a washed ring chaser. They’ve traded away more drafted young guys who became All Stars than that.

We’re not doing them a favor. They don’t want to part with a UFRP, but BW is holding firm, and hopefully trying to shove Mcd’s contract down their throats in the process. They’ll also be ed next summer when Kyrie wants to cash, and they don’t win a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fellow Spurs engineer?
    I'm not an engineer, but work in manufacturing and hire/manage some engineers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick question...really don't know where exactly to ask it...

...what happens when we don't get Wenbanyama? Do we keep tanking? Pray a reasonably good FA signs here? Hope that all of these mid and late first round picks turn into a contender?

We're putting a lot of eggs in one basket and a town that became used to winning for most of the team's 50 years of existence won't stand for an extended period of losing based on praying to land another once in a lifetime talent. Tanking is stupid and rarely works, but this is a time where it's realistic to try.

But after that? Then what? Say we get a top 5 talent, if we're lucky (let's be real, we're gonna end up with something worthless like the 7th pick), we'll still suck unless we're very lucky.

Luck is a stupid way to plan. And even 2-3 years of packing it in before the season even starts is more than enough fuel to help move the Spurs to Austin.

I don't see any bright light at the end of this tunnel and it seems it's either Wenbanyama or a decade of futility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the spurs are competing against the entire NBA not just the lakers. if making this trade puts us in a better position against the rest of the NBA, its such a stupid and petty decision not to for the reasons you've given

do you care more about the spurs winning or the lakers losing? you are picking the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers signed Shaquille O’Nealin 1996. They signed LeBron in 2018. LeBron also didn’t sign because they were the Lakers, he signed because they were in LA, entertainment Capitol of the world, that’s his next career, and he’s getting ready to transition into it.

That’s it. Two prime FA guys in 22 years. Everyone else was a washed ring chaser. They’ve traded away more drafted young guys who became All Stars than that.

We’re not doing them a favor. They don’t want to part with a UFRP, but BW is holding firm, and hopefully trying to shove Mcd’s contract down their throats in the process. They’ll also be ed next summer when Kyrie wants to cash, and they don’t win a le.
    We all know how miraculously the Lakers get lottery picks despite the odds, how a unlikely trade like Gasol revitalized them (I’m just not sure of the CP3 trade getting vetoed). My point is, of all the franchises the Lakers have the best chances of rebuilding, as you said because they’re in LA and it’s hollywood. In 5 or 7 years, I doubt that FRP would be a lottery. Just imo.

Anyways, I rather the Spurs go the CHA route. Trade them Poeltl for picks or Hayward and Kai, whatever. Hayward at least they can still convert to a FRP maybe next year, if possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs are competing against the entire NBA not just the lakers. if making this trade puts us in a better position against the rest of the NBA, its such a stupid and petty decision not to for the reasons you've given

do you care more about the spurs winning or the lakers losing? you are picking the latter.
    You are talking FRP in 2027 or 2029 which in all likelihood a late lottery pick. How do you call that Spurs winning? We got that same pick from the corpse of Thad, and immediately the following year not 5 or 7 years from now. And as mentioned, they have to send either J-Rich and McD to make salary work, and they alone are potential FRP’s given the right time and team.

Anyway, I’m not seeing such a great swap for the Spurs. And yeah, I hate the Lakers, but that besides the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are talking FRP in 2027 or 2029 which in all likelihood a late lottery pick. How do you call that Spurs winning? We got that same pick from the corpse of Thad, and immediately the following year not 5 or 7 years from now. And as mentioned, they have to send either J-Rich and McD to make salary work, and they alone are potential FRP’s given the right time and team.

Anyway, I’m not seeing such a great swap for the Spurs. And yeah, I hate the Lakers, but that besides the point.
    would you rather the spurs get an extra first round pick in 2027 or not get an extra first round pick in 2027? which of those scenarios is better for the spurs?

mcdermott would absolutely not fetch a first on his own. not with 2 years on his deal. richardson probably would, but certainly not an unprotected one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me, Westbrook is just a sacrifice too far... literally my least favorite player in the league, and I think buying him out for so many millions would be such a bad look for an historically frugal team that prides itself on all of the supposed character stuff. Tim Duncan busted his ass for two decades successfully competing against a Laker franchise that outspent the Spurs nearly every season of his career, so helping the Lakers and dropping $40mil or so in return for one FRP just doesn't add up in my eyes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know how miraculously the Lakers get lottery picks despite the odds, how a unlikely trade like Gasol revitalized them (I’m just not sure of the CP3 trade getting vetoed). My point is, of all the franchises the Lakers have the best chances of rebuilding, as you said because they’re in LA and it’s hollywood. In 5 or 7 years, I doubt that FRP would be a lottery. Just imo.

Anyways, I rather the Spurs go the CHA route. Trade them Poeltl for picks or Hayward and Kai, whatever. Hayward at least they can still convert to a FRP maybe next year, if possible.
    all the more reason to trade for their first round pick

Thread Information