Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDougal’s contract isn’t very appealing. That extra year makes no sense for the Lakers. I’d also argue 40% or so is nice but he does it on low volume (for today’s NBA) at around 5 attempts per game. He’s never been a volume 3 pt sniper in his entire career. He is very overrated on this board.
    I think he sucks, just to clarify, and see no reason for him to be on the team since he will be given minutes that someone else needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he sucks, just to clarify, and see no reason for him to be on the team since he will be given minutes that someone else needs.
    Yeah, I’m aware of your view and concur, wholeheartedly! I sometimes enjoy beating a dead horse when I yell McDermott is a negative asset. He’ll be on the final roster only because it will cost to move him and 25 mins a night if McD is good for the downside (which is actually the upside).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrick would be a great addition just for the lawls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah she should stay in L.A

Russ+Pat Bev will be entertaining AF

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah she should stay in L.A

Russ+Pat Bev will be entertaining AF
    Beverly tearing Westbrook's ACL again (in practice) would be perfect for the Lakers. Then they could dump him without having to tacitly admit that he's a net negative on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beverly tearing Westbrook's ACL again (in practice) would be perfect for the Lakers. Then they could dump him without having to tacitly admit that he's a net negative on the court.
    Maybe that's actually Pelinka's plan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see them trading Westbrook to the Spurs for solid role players and keeping the cap space open for next year for Irving. Richardson and Poeltl for an unprotected pick and a pick swap. A three team trade with Utah that gets the Lakers Bogdonovic could be possible. Lakers walking into 2023-24 season with at least Lebron, Irving, Davis, Richardson, Bogdonovic, Beverly, Poeltl and vet mins isn’t a terrible plan.
    They already have the ideal C setup with Davis' insistence on starting as the nominal PF, which is a fringe starter (Bryant) who can stretch the floor and a fringe rotation player (Jones) who can provide vertical spacing.

They're good enough to be "inning eaters" during the regular season, but not good/big enough names for the team to concern themselves with how they'll react when they have their roles reduced in certain matchups and if/when they get to the play-in/offs.

Westbrook probably ends up traded to the Pacers or Jazz before the season starts, gets bought out and is without a team to start the season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After tonights game we need to get him ASAP!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why, what happened in the game?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why, what happened in the game?
    He was 0-11 and only had 2 points...

I'd offer Jak, McD, Rich for WB and 2 firsts and a swap and leave it on the table...LA will come around to that if they can't find something better especially as Bron keeps complaining...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After tonights game we need to get him ASAP!!!
    nah let it marinate

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd offer Jak, McD, Rich for WB and 2 firsts and a swap and leave it on the table...LA will come around to that if they can't find something better especially as Bron keeps complaining...
    100%

A Poeltl trade by itself to a different team, even for 2 firsts, probably won't be unprotected. And 2 firsts is a big stretch. Just put him in LA. Davis is sick of playing center.

Probably should ask to take Damion Jones back, need another body for minutes at center

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man...that would be an awesome do entary. And possibly even a funny sitcom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turner And Hield better deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree with this framework.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100%

A Poeltl trade by itself to a different team, even for 2 firsts, probably won't be unprotected. And 2 firsts is a big stretch. Just put him in LA. Davis is sick of playing center.

Probably should ask to take Damion Jones back, need another body for minutes at center
    My sense is Poeltl is worth a lottery protected 1st and a flyer on a fading prospect.

Lakers don't make sense since even in a Davis primarily masquerading as a PF scenario, the C has to be able to space the floor.

The best the Lakers can probably do, is something like Westbrook and Nunn for Rozier III and Hayward.

Both sides probably argue they deserve a pick: Hornets for giving them value, namely in Rozier III; Lakers for taking on a lot of long-term money, some of which is for an injury prone, fading player in Hayward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with this framework.
    Lakers can get turner and Hield. Spurs would need to lower it to 1 pick to have a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers may soon join the tank fiesta tbh.. They're one Lebron big injury away...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers can get turner and Hield. Spurs would need to lower it to 1 pick to have a shot.
    Hield is fading fast. His last 3 seasons 3G%: .366 .368 .362. That’s sounds OK, but with Buddy, if he’s not around 40-42%, he’s a net negative, because he literally does nothing else. He made his bones with seasons of 42,43,42%, and Sacto was smart to dump him before he completely cratered. He creeping up on 30.

Turner is more or less a traditional big who can stretch some, but not really switch on D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can do then they should get it done before Indiana has second thoughts.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers may soon join the tank fiesta tbh.. They're one Lebron big injury away...
    LMAO if that happens since the Pelicans have the right to swap picks

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My sense is Poeltl is worth a lottery protected 1st and a flyer on a fading prospect.

Lakers don't make sense since even in a Davis primarily masquerading as a PF scenario, the C has to be able to space the floor.

The best the Lakers can probably do, is something like Westbrook and Nunn for Rozier III and Hayward.

Both sides probably argue they deserve a pick: Hornets for giving them value, namely in Rozier III; Lakers for taking on a lot of long-term money, some of which is for an injury prone, fading player in Hayward.
    Poeltl ain't worth no 1st c'mon man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop....even when tanking I don't want Westbrick anywhere near this team. Not because of his play but I would hate for his toxicity to wear down on our young guys.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop....even when tanking I don't want Westbrick anywhere near this team. Not because of his play but I would hate for his toxicity to wear down on our young guys.
    He'd obviously be bought out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl ain't worth no 1st c'mon man
    You can resist all you want but someone is taking both them firsts from you guys if you have any attention whatsoever of upgrading your roster while Lebron's abilities are still in his championship window

Thread Information