Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please explain, The Lakers only have 3 players in contract till next year. And Kyrie is UFA.
    - NBA salary cap projected to be $134mm
    - $88mm between AD/LBJ
    - Another $18mm in cap holds for minimum contracts
    - $26mm the max they can open up for an UFA after renouncing everybody and D Jones opts outa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But on the other side they cannot afford to lose thise two remaining FRP’s they have. At what point you just move on from LeBron? The guy is 38 as you said.
    well thats their choice. try to move lebron and get what you can, or push your chips all-in if you want to capitalize on what is left of the lebron/AD window.

half measure is no good, but thats what holding WB would represent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But on the other side they cannot afford to lose thise two remaining FRP’s they have. At what point you just move on from LeBron? The guy is 38 as you said.
    They are already all in on LBJ. Need to strategically be in contention these next few years. They can potentially find a way if they use everything left in the cupboard and have some luck.

There long term outlook is bleak regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please explain, The Lakers only have 3 players in contract till next year. And Kyrie is UFA.
    You have to fill the rest of the roster with salary slots. That costs cap room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - NBA salary cap projected to be $134mm
    - $88mm between AD/LBJ
    - Another $18mm in cap holds for minimum contracts
    - $26mm the max they can open up for an UFA after renouncing everybody and D Jones opts outa
    Thanks. So where does Spurs/Indiana come in? I’m sorry you have to spell this out for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers are lucky to be in a so-called glamour market that attracts free agents. Most teams don't have that luxury. I know they don't want to give up those last two draft picks (especially looking at how this season's pick swap with New Orleans might be so disastrous), but I don't see how you waste another year of Lebron. They're in a ty position of their own making, so the rest of us get to enjoy a nice dose of schadenfreude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I live in LA, and the kind of that Westbrook gets . And the guy is a local guy too, it’s crazy . Is there an emoji of eating popcorn? This one beats Netflix

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers are lucky to be in a so-called glamour market that attracts free agents. Most teams don't have that luxury. I know they don't want to give up those last two draft picks (especially looking at how this season's pick swap with New Orleans might be so disastrous), but I don't see how you waste another year of Lebron. They're in a ty position of their own making, so the rest of us get to enjoy a nice dose of schadenfreude.
    All the more reason to do something, to significantly reduce the risk of suffering that indignity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. So where does Spurs/Indiana come in? I’m sorry you have to spell this out for me.
    I believe having the TE let's them go over the cap by the amount of the TE to take a player on trade. Theoretically they could fill out their roster up to the $134mm and then take a player into the TE.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Okay, you farmers may be on to something:

Eric Pincus writes for BleacherReport, mod for Lakers Ground, etc. He's plugged in.

Let's see what happens...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I live in LA, and the kind of that Westbrook gets . And the guy is a local guy too, it’s crazy . Is there an emoji of eating popcorn? This one beats Netflix
    It's Kwame Brown level. The difference for me is Kwame wasn't delusional and was actually a good dude (who Jordan and Stephen A helped ruin). Russ thinks he's still that dude. Loss a lot of athleticism. Loss his middy. And my big toe has a higher hoops IQ

Russ thinks the crap he got away with in OKC or Houston is good enough with the Lakers. The LA spotlight will expose your game. And that's what we're seeing.

He's from LA but not built to be a Laker. It happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe having the TE let's them go over the cap by the amount of the TE to take a player on trade. Theoretically they could fill out their roster up to the $134mm and then take a player into the TE.
    Not exactly - if they're using cap space then they have to renounce the TE. TEs matter to teams that are over the cap. They also can't sign a FA into a TE.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Eric Pincus writes for BleacherReport, mod for Lakers Ground, etc. He's plugged in.

Yeah. Laker fans in the comments seem to want the Spurs deal more than they want the Hornets or Indy package. Lets hope Pelinka has the same desperation tbh .

Laker fans are smarter than I thought, they realise Poeltl >>> Turner.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah. Laker fans in the comments seem to want the Spurs deal more than they want the Hornets or Indy package. Lets hope Pelinka has the same desperation tbh .

Laker fans are smarter than I thought, they realise Poeltl >>> Turner.
    Watched some of the Spurs vs 76ers game and admittedly:

Please accept my apologies

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched some of the Spurs vs 76ers game and admittedly:

Please accept my apologies

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No ing way would I do this trade for only one 1st. JRich alone is worth a 1st, for taking on Westbrook they should get at least 1-2 2nds. If they also want McBuckets they should have to offer a second 1st rounder and can keep the 2nds. But trading Jakob in a package would be dumb. Keep him or trade him for draft capital elsewhere.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My previous posts derives from Eric's article. Spurs trade mentioned.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No ing way would I do this trade for only one 1st. JRich alone is worth a 1st, for taking on Westbrook they should get at least 1-2 2nds. If they also want McBuckets they should have to offer a second 1st rounder and can keep the 2nds. But trading Jakob in a package would be dumb. Keep him or trade him for draft capital elsewhere.
    I ain't trippin. The same PATFO that spurned trading with the Lakers when we wanted Kawhi is still in place. Brandon Ingram should be a Spur right now but CIA Pop didn't want to make a deal with the Lakers.

Despite the cap savings $47M will give you all to Kickstart your rebuild, I don't see it happening.

You gots to chill son

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ain't trippin. The same PATFO that spurned trading with the Lakers when we wanted Kawhi is still in place. Brandon Ingram should be a Spur right now but CIA Pop didn't want to make a deal with the Lakers.

Despite the cap savings $47M will give you all to Kickstart your rebuild, I don't see it happening.

You gots to chill son
    Spurs would save only McDermotts 2nd year, which is 13,5 mill.
    Richardson, McDermott, a 21mill. trade exception and getting rid of Westbrook for a unprotected 1st rounder and two 2nds would be a good outcome for both the Lakers and the Spurs. Lakers could use their other 1st to trade for Turner or someone else and the Spurs save McDermots 2nd year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd almost do that trade....it let's us keep Jak and we can get more 1st's elsewhere or resign him....for me I'd take 1 unprotected 1st and 1 pick swap to give up JRich and Doug while eating WB's contract...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should ask for both FRPs for Richardson alone.. basically a pick for Richardson's ability and a pick to take the stinker that is Westbrick's contract. Screw the Lakers. They are desperate and the Spurs can do better in other trades instead of dealing with the Lolkers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn if they give Poeltl up, but that seems likely with Bassey’s signing as insurance? Poeltl, Jrich and McD for Westbrook and 2 FRP’s unprotected. Damn Lakers just got better and minus Westbrook crap, and Spurs got bottom feeder worst. I don’t know if Pop would sign-off on that seeing the synergy of the young team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn if they give Poeltl up, but that seems likely with Bassey’s signing as insurance? Poeltl, Jrich and McD for Westbrook and 2 FRP’s unprotected. Damn Lakers just got better and minus Westbrook crap, and Spurs got bottom feeder worst. I don’t know if Pop would sign-off on that seeing the synergy of the young team
    It's fun to see the Lakers struggle but at the end of the day, I would rather see them make the playoffs and keep NO out of the Wemby lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao if Lakers end up taking Jrich and McNugget when they had an offer of Conley, Bogdan, Clarkson, and Gay instead

Thread Information