Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers are in trouble. The richest owner in sports owns the LA Clippers. Free agents can get the same Southern California sun location and a few extra millions under the table courtesy of Steve Ballmer. Jeannie Buss is a poor trust fund baby by comparison. Probably the poorest NBA owner too. That's strike 1.

Strike 2: most GMs hate Rob Pelinka from his cutthroat days as Kobe's Agent. Look at what Boston gave up for Malcolm Brogdon. Now compare what Ainge wanted for Boggs from the Lakers. It's sickening how these got GMs hate Pelinka due to his past and his current affiliation with the.

Strike 3: most franchises hate the Lakers. Been like this since Pop was in the CIA for real. That failed CP3 deal in 2011 set the Lakers back basically a decade. We didn't win another chip between 2010 and 2020.

Now these teams are conspiring against the Lakers again, in real time. 29 teams pay pennies on the dollar in trades. Laker tax: get bend over or else
    Someone needs to deport you. You're crying about conspiracy charges against the Lakers. Oh man...you people are the worst. Complain about the low wages for cleaning toilets and picking produce like you're being forced to. You REALLY think there's a conspiracy against the Lakers like you think Muricans don't have a right to be upset when your 50 Tias, primos and tias come in and make the community smell like corn tortilla and sweat?

Just stop it, you're trying to make the Lakers Mexican in the sense that denies them any accountability, just like Mexicans are wont to do. NO ONE told the Lakers to trade for Brick (prolly LBJ, honestly), but they did. And NOW it's EVERYONE else's fault the Lakers can't unload their bad decisions somewhere else? Sounds like the pussy Mexicans that CRY about unfair wages picking produce and cleaning toilets. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU IDIOTS TO BE SUBSERVIANT, but that's the ROLE YOU CHOOSE.

You s deserve this, Felipe. No one made that bed except for the Lakers and you're pissed that the bed is ing straw covered with a trashbag, like you sleep on when out in the fields. YOU GUYS WANTED THAT. Stop crying, mijo.

Enjoy the show. You guys will finish with a slightly better record than the Spurs and will still get the NBA to rig the Draft for yuse. You will be fine. Stop being a putan with all this whiny ass, So-Cal got .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't a failed CP3 trade that set y'all back a decade. It was that corpse of Kobe who died 4 years earlier on the court than he did on a helicopter that did a great impression of 2012-16 Kobe's crossover.

Kobe gave the Lakers AIDS, cancer and anal warts all at once. Yuse guys gave him a crippling $50 million because, well, because Daddy piggy backed him for the first half of his career.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb for the Spurs in this trade scenario. Basically giving up McDermott, Poeltl and Richardson for a late first round pick and a protected first rounder. Whoever writes this sh!t is smoking crack at their keyboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jacob is a top 10 center. Defensive anchor with high bbiq, elite rebounder on offense and very good screener. His only weakness remains free throws. He alone is worth two first round picks.
    But the catch is that only contenders are interested in him, and their picks will be below 20.
    Jacob turned 27 and his prime has just begun. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find and help raise such a bigman?
    Putting aside your wet fantasies about Victor. Are you sure that team will be able to draft a player of the same level, not to mention something better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are terrible. The NBA isn't a farm system for the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ that trade has to be written by a Raps fan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone knows the Lakers are desperate. No one doing a Westbrook trade at the moment without getting the 2 unprotected 1sts for him. Lakers holding out hoping someone gets disgruntled or some team decides to give up and would be willing to take on Westbrook to tank. But their season may be lost before that scenario comes around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are terrible. The NBA isn't a farm system for the Lakers.
    Lol. Lakers only giving up basically a protected first in every scenario. What a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jacob is a top 10 center. Defensive anchor with high bbiq, elite rebounder on offense and very good screener. His only weakness remains free throws. He alone is worth two first round picks.
    But the catch is that only contenders are interested in him, and their picks will be below 20.
    Jacob turned 27 and his prime has just begun. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find and help raise such a bigman?
    Putting aside your wet fantasies about Victor. Are you sure that team will be able to draft a player of the same level, not to mention something better?
    Even if you get Wembenyama it would make sense to keep Poeltl around since Wemby can play on the perimeter and Jak would get all the rebounds down low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Lakers only giving up basically a protected first in every scenario. What a joke.
    One of them had Miami giving up their first this year for Kelly Olynyk.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of them had Miami giving up their first this year for Kelly Olynyk.
    Well that one has them unloading Duncan Robinson too. That may very well be worth it. That contract is atrocious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes a terrific help defender but he literally cannot guard other bigs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their big mistake was the superstars they chose. Kyrie was a known headcase that cancered his way off of two teams prior. Durant coming off an Achilles tear and was like 32. Then they go all in for known choker (and overweight) Harden who realizes his costars aren't up to the task and promptly asks out and they end up getting washed Simmons for him. Just inept roster management and hoping certified diva cancer players will magically fall in line coupled with an oblivious rookie coach completely ed them. Goes to show that while a lot of us lament SA valuing character, it actually is extremely important in building a successful team
    Totally agree. I will also say that superstars are often headcases and ones that aren’t are less likely to be available, so for a small market team, they most likely have to roll the dice if they pursue that direction, and then once the draft picks are gone, everything is all in and the problems easily continue, like with Brooklyn. But I don’t think Sean Marks suddenly became a bad GM, but he likely felt the pressure to win now.

The legendary player, coach & scout McGuire had a joke about players with trouble-making at udes: You can have one on a team and keep him contained, but you can't have two-- because then they start to breed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One minimally protected first for taking their cancer? No ing way. Two unprotected firsts or the Lakers can flush their season again.
    The Lakers can’t even protect the 2027 pick, because it makes it impossible to trade away the 2029 pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recent Miles Turner quote about Laker rumors. Is it me or he wants nothing to do with trash Lakers’ situation:

“‘That’s such an intriguing question,’ Turner responded when Wojnarowski asked if the Lakers should make the trade. ‘… We all know picks are so valuable in this league, and someone like myself, I’m heading into the last year of my deal and you want to make sure you’re getting a return for your assets. If I’m the Lakers, I take a very hard look at this with the position that you’re in. I know what I can provide for a team.’”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recent Miles Turner quote about Laker rumors. Is it me or he wants nothing to do with trash Lakers’ situation:

“‘That’s such an intriguing question,’ Turner responded when Wojnarowski asked if the Lakers should make the trade. ‘… We all know picks are so valuable in this league, and someone like myself, I’m heading into the last year of my deal and you want to make sure you’re getting a return for your assets. If I’m the Lakers, I take a very hard look at this with the position that you’re in. I know what I can provide for a team.’”
    No hes saying he wants to stat pad to a big contract and get more shine in LA: a mercenary appeal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to prevent Pelicans from getting top 3 pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No hes saying he wants to stat pad to a big contract and get more shine in LA: a mercenary appeal
    Hmm… maybe. I think still he’s trying to say something else with the clear reference to him being on “last year of deal” and insinuating Lakers should be thoughtful about “the return on the asset” they’re parting with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm… maybe. I think still he’s trying to say something else with the clear reference to him being on “last year of deal” and insinuating Lakers should be thoughtful about “the return on the asset” they’re parting with.
    one: lebron will make him look better, two: he's worth whatever Indiana wants. lets not overthink this. as bad as LA is, lebron is still very popular and indiana aint

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    RC must be hittin that Henny with Jerry Jones again:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC must be hittin that Henny with Jerry Jones again:

timvp getting quoted real quick!

PATFO and Lakers are both bottom 5-10 front offices at this point.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers incoming: Doug McBuckets, Josh Richardson, and Jakob Potty.

Spurs Incoming: Russ and Kendrick Nunn (NBA record $52M in expiring contracts ), 2 First Rounders a solar powered tractor, and a case of Henny for RC.

Take it or leave it sons

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers incoming: Doug McBuckets, Josh Richardson, and Jakob Potty.

Spurs Incoming: Russ and Kendrick Nunn (NBA record $52M in expiring contracts ), 2 First Rounders a solar powered tractor, and a case of Henny for RC.

Take it or leave it sons
    I think the Henny get's it done with RC... lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think the Henny get's it done with RC... lol

Thread Information