My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan has good handles for the open floor. Much better than Langford, for example, who got poached as soon as they tried it by Marjon Beauchamp. (Langford got him with the chase-down block, but still.)

Halfcourt sets are another matter. His own lack of offense, a somewhat high dribble, and budding vision skills limit him somewhat in this regard. Certainly you don't want him there full-time. But I do believe there's more than enough to build on. Sochan can get into the lane with relative ease versus a lot of his positional peers. He just doesn't have the moves to complete there a lot, things like teardrops and so on, but there's some future here.

I've mentioned elsewhere how Tony Parker started off shooting a lot of threes before they trimmed those out -- he didn't have the range. Instead, he feasted inside and with an incredible mid-range game. They're obviously quite different players, but I feel like this year we can see Sochan develop some of those skills, stirring the drink with his drives and developing ways to pressure defenses there. His value bringing up the ball off rebounds is already there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That first clip with the JayMichael Green and-1, Sochan had Roby open in the corner after he drove and collapsed. Would be next level if Sochan starts seeing that and kicking out for the assist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have had successes with passing big men, particularly in the Beautiful Game. To be able to expand Sochan’s ability as a ballhandler and facilitator would only open a lot of opportunities for the Spurs offense, especially rimrunning coast to coast. Sochan is not new to playing some PG as his college coach has used Sochan as facilitator in some occasions. Not only can he dominate smaller defenders, but also zoom pass slower big men. I don’t doubt Pop is leaning into Beautiful Game 2 as previously mentioned. Having the complete confidence that Pop is showing on Sochan is very exciting, especially Sochan does not shy but embraces the challenges. And I have complete confidence in Pop and the coaching staff on developing Sochan and what lies for him in the future. Sochan is going to be a stud, mark my word
    Last edited by John B; 11-15-2022 at 07:33 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of like this it will hopefully open Sochan game at least give him some confidence that he can do different things without being worried about being yanked out of game

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting to see full Mad Scientist Pop during the regular season has been a treat so far. It's also keeping the Spurs record pointing in the right direction.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please keep your meat in your pants sochan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #prayinghewill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude can handle the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Pop we trust. He’s going to make Sochan a point-forward, all-defensive. Ka-Who?
    Devin and Keldon playing All-Star caliber and the rest buying in on sharing the ball. I’d root for them to win every night, and yet I want them tonget a chance at Scoot/Victor. Hard choices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information