Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you're right, but I just don't see it. As good as Murray is, I don't see him being the sole difference between being a play-in team and the worst squad in the entire NBA.
    A lot of the teams they finished ahead of last year are a lot better either by adding Top 5 lotto talent, healthier, better via trade, etc.

I could maybe see Houston or Charlotte (if Ball gets hurt) being worse. But I'm pretty confident the Spurs have the least amount of talent heading into the season next year tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you're right, but I just don't see it. As good as Murray is, I don't see him being the sole difference between being a play-in team and the worst squad in the entire NBA.
    A lot of the league actually got better tbh. Spurs, Pacers, Lakers (), and Jazz are legitimately the only teams who got worse, and only the Pacers are in the same tier as the Spurs (that's before they potentially land Ayton too). It's possible the Spurs themselves out of a potential top pick by winning a bunch of games at the end of the season against tanking teams, however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of the league actually got better tbh. Spurs, Pacers, Lakers (), and Jazz are legitimately the only teams who got worse, and only the Pacers are in the same tier as the Spurs (that's before they potentially land Ayton too). It's possible the Spurs themselves out of a potential top pick by winning a bunch of games at the end of the season against tanking teams, however.
    I've got the Pacers clearly a tier above the Spurs next year IMO, even without Ayton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of the teams they finished ahead of last year are a lot better either by adding Top 5 lotto talent, healthier, better via trade, etc.

I could maybe see Houston or Charlotte (if Ball gets hurt) being worse. But I'm pretty confident the Spurs have the least amount of talent heading into the season next year tbh.
    I don't see how OKC is going to be suddenly so much better than last season as to there be no doubt they will be better than the Spurs. Rockets and Magic either. Then you have teams that seem to be taking the tanking routd like Indiana and maybe the Jazz, and I see a lot of scenarios where the Spurs don't end with a bottom 3 record. Add to that the fact that is unlikely that Pop coaches to lose and I'm just really worried about our tanking prowess for next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how OKC is going to be suddenly so much better than last season as to there be no doubt they will be better than the Spurs. Rockets and Magic either. Then you have teams that seem to be taking the tanking routd like Indiana and maybe the Jazz, and I see a lot of scenarios where the Spurs don't end with a bottom 3 record. Add to that the fact that is unlikely that Pop coaches to lose and I'm just really worried about our tanking prowess for next season.
    I'm not worried about Pop coaching a team up to extra wins, considering he hasn't done that in about 8 years tbh

-Rockets and Magic each have two Top 5 picks on the roster. As stated earlier, maybe Houston out tanks them. But I think Banchero is in line for ROY and puts ORL clearly ahead of the Spurs next year
    -OKC has SGA plus adding Chet, just have much more talent overall
    -Indiana has Haliburton + Turner & Jazz have Mitc

Sure, a few injuries here or there and those teams might be on par with SA.

But who's the best player on the Spurs next year? Keldon? Jak?

They've got easily the worst roster talent in the league next year and, frankly, a bottom 3 coach that'll be more interested in what restaurants to eat at. I'm not worried

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic added Banchero who looks like a monster already (Summer League only but still) and Jonathan Isaac will be back. Wouldn't shock me if they make the play-in tbh. Jazz could tank, but if Mitc plays the entire season it should be enough for 30 wins and the roster around him isn't young/hot garbage. Forgot to mention Charlotte in my last post, they could challenge for the worst record if Ball gets "hurt".

IMO, the Spurs, Rockets, Hornets, and Pacers are the worst teams in the league. Spurs have by far the least amount of talent but will actually try to win games (and themselves into a worse pick). As long as they get a top 4 pick I'll be satisfied tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping the Spurs felt that outside looking in feeling at #9 for all your troubles and lack of compe iveness to be picking in the draft right after the talent drop off was a little defeating this summer.

Dumping Murray might mean, if we're going down, we're going to do it right and get as close to pick #1 as possible. Hope it bundles up with that CHA 23 FRP somehow best case scenario there (is that CHA barely makes 23 Playoffs?), plus possibly tossing assets like Poeltl and JRich at the deadline for additional 23 FRPs.

Would love to walk into 2023 NBA Draft with multiple firsts again, especially higher value ones as compared to 2022; starting with tanking our own FRP into the best odds possible for overall #1 or top 4 at least.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets have more potential talent. I like some of their picks. But they have horrible ownership which always finds a way to meddle. Tough call for the worst for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be awesome if the "usual suspects" finally had enough top draft talent to put a season together and weren't all at the bottom of the barrel yet again next offseason. There are a few teams really wearing out their welcome in the draft order and I'm hoping 22 Draft was their last favor and fortune for a while.

Possibly so too, ORL DET OKC at last could all be kinda good next year. Still not sure I don't see HOU circling the drain alongside SA though lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about Murray so much as the context. As inefficient and over stretched as he was as a de facto #1 option, he was the only credible creator on the roster. Jones, a fringe rotation player, is now the sole thing closest to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of yall have way too much faith in this team full of unproven guys I would be extremely surprised if the Spurs won 20 games next season with the roster they have now. i have no doubt they'll play hard every night but we have absolutely no top end talent on this team and as of now zero blue chip prospects. i dont see how teams like OKC/HOU are worse than us next season unless they are purposely (still) tanking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering how decent SA did with the 3 picks in 22 draft I am interested in seeing what they would do with multiple firsts again in 23. Especially at better value pick slots.

Spurs could get their own 23 pick down to top 4, hope CHA barely makes the Playoffs, that CHA 23 FRP would possibly give SA a later pick to swing on while maybe tossing Poeltl and JRich at the deadline brings in another 23 FRP maybe even late teens range to snag a BPA, alongside staggered draft capital for later years possibly in addition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo out with Covid . Of ing course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo in health and safety protocols. Most likely out for the SL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of yall have way too much faith in this team full of unproven guys I would be extremely surprised if the Spurs won 20 games next season with the roster they have now. i have no doubt they'll play hard every night but we have absolutely no top end talent on this team and as of now zero blue chip prospects. i dont see how teams like OKC/HOU are worse than us next season unless they are purposely (still) tanking
    I was thinking 25-28 wins until the Josh Primo at PG became an actual thing. If that happens, we don't break 18 wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was one of the only players not to get it last season when the entire team pretty much entered it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking 25-28 wins until the Josh Primo at PG became an actual thing. If that happens, we don't break 18 wins.
    Spurs have also been pretty lucky with injuries for the most part the last few years minus Murray's ACL tear. No one has really missed a lot of time (except for Mr. Glass derrick white) the last couple seasons aside from COVID related so we're due for some injuries and given how poor the team's talent level is of Poeltl or Keldon goes down for a few weeks this team is probably going winless in that time period

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this is going to be a looooooooooooooooong season, isn't it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to see more of Hall with Primo out. He has been a mixed bag imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo won't even see the court
    called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this is going to be a looooooooooooooooong season, isn't it
    The longest in franchise history tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have also been pretty lucky with injuries for the most part the last few years minus Murray's ACL tear. No one has really missed a lot of time (except for Mr. Glass derrick white) the last couple seasons aside from COVID related so we're due for some injuries and given how poor the team's talent level is of Poeltl or Keldon goes down for a few weeks this team is probably going winless in that time period
    Don't make me hopeful...I think we're guaranteed a top 3 spot which gives equal chances. But watch a team like Orlando get it again from like the 7th seed.

Never forget the universe is now fully aligned against the spurs. Proof? As I recall from some poster, we won the lottery from the 9th spot in the test run for this year's draft. Then got the ing 9th spot.

We doomed. Find another team to cheer for, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crofl this team is so easy to predict tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid is going to be so ing bored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when Spurs got #1 pick in the 22 test run? Maybe that was just forshadowing to the 23 draft instead lol

Thread Information