Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he and Steve Kerr went to high school together, so I’m almost surprise we held onto him as long as we did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He going to devote his last years with Shawn Marion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? This guy has been living off of Parker becoming a solid mid range pullup shooter and S bag a relatively well rounded one for years.

In recent years, only Murray (but he was a virtual non shooter when he arrived and is still mostly limited to mid range pullups) and possibly Johnson (still a relatively small sample size on his spot up 3) have shown significant improvement in their shooting. White, Walker IV and it's still early, but Vassell and Primo have all underperformed expectations, among others.

I don't blame him, but he isn't the miracle worker he's made out to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? This guy has been living off of Parker becoming a solid mid range pullup shooter and S bag a relatively well rounded one for years.

In recent years, only Murray (but he was a virtual non shooter when he arrived and is still mostly limited to mid range pullups) and possibly Johnson (still a relatively small sample size on his spot up 3) have shown significant improvement in their shooting. White, Walker IV and it's still early, but Vassell and Primo have all underperformed expectations, among others.

I don't blame him, but he isn't the miracle worker he's made out to be.
    I agree with you. Chip was an innovator, but every team has a “Chip” now. Spurs probably already have his replacement on staff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    End of the month apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you. Chip was an innovator, but every team has a “Chip” now. Spurs probably already have his replacement on staff.
    I highly doubt the Spurs have a proper replacement. They will have somebody to replace him, but given how this fanchise has replaced people for the last half a decade the quality will take a huge hit. It's like replacing Dejounte Murray with Tre Jones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt the Spurs have a proper replacement. They will have somebody to replace him, but given how this fanchise has replaced people for the last half a decade the quality will take a huge hit. It's like replacing Dejounte Murray with Tre Jones
    I'd argue it would be replacing the best PG with Tre Jones. Chip Engelland was widely regarded as the best shooting coach in the league, bar none. This is like replacing Steve Nash / Magic Johnson with Tre Jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or replacing Kawhi Leonard with DeMar DeRozan. Or Danny Green with Bryn Forbes. Or Marcus Morris with Trey Lyles. Or LaMarcus Aldridge with Zach Collins. Or Derrick White with Josh Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks acting as if this was the retirement of Tim Duncan.

What shooting secret can Chip actually have left that no other staff member of the Spurs don't already know by now?

Straighten that elbow, shoot it from your eyes, bend those knees, follow through. There aren't many more secrets than that, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    End of the month apparently.

ah well, cant blame him for not wanting to waste the rest of his career in this hole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks acting as if this was the retirement of Tim Duncan.

What shooting secret can Chip actually have left that no other staff member of the Spurs don't already know by now?

Straighten that elbow, shoot it from your eyes, bend those knees, follow through. There aren't many more secrets than that, tbh.
    of course your dumbass had to come in here thinking Chip is just a shooting coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in A.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder if this is a clue as to pop's remaining time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already there tbh, they're wasting lottery picks on second rounders.
    Sochan and Vassell are second rounders?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan and Vassell are second rounders?
    was talking about Primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course your dumbass had to come in here thinking Chip is just a shooting coach
    He could be the Pope for all I care. At the end of the day he isn't more than an assistant coach. The Spurs future won't depend on his departure, as some folks in here seem to be thinking, by the way they are reacting.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was talking about Primo
    Though Vassell hasn't been all that either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as he is hyped up, when's the last time the spurs were a good shooting team, tbh?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be the Pope for all I care. At the end of the day he isn't more than an assistant coach. The Spurs future won't depend on his departure, as some folks in here seem to be thinking, by the way they are reacting.
    Yeah the guy who fixed the completely broken shots of Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard ain't .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though Vassell hasn't been all that either.
    That draft sucked... but Halliburton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he gets to work with Sochan before he leaves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the best shooting coach in the world isn't more than an assistant coach ok, so Steph Curry can be replaced by Bryn Forbes with no drop off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't we poach him to begin with? he's been here almost 20 years. i don't see a problem. We would probably be overpaying him for working with this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Par for the course for the San Antonio Feeders tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the best shooting coach in the world isn't more than an assistant coach ok, so Steph Curry can be replaced by Bryn Forbes with no drop off
    He's got a great track record, but many other organizations have also had great success improving player's shooting, like Toronto and NO among others. I don't know where he is going, but if it's Golden State (they're paying north of 170M in luxury tax) or he's retiring, there's nothing you can do but find the best possible replacement.

Thread Information