Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gotta thank PATFO for turning this franchise into ever since the 2017 offseason. And a lot of people here called it right then and there
    Thank that asshole Kawhi. He’s the one that upset the apple cart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was talking about Primo
    So, you pluralized it for drama?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was from California what do you expect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot guys shooting regressed under Chip's watch last season. Might be time for a younger voice that can help guys be more than just below average to goodish stand - still shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    certainly the main reason, but trading him for Defrozan and everything that followed afterwards wasn‘t exactly smart. Also still don’t who the guy who disrespected Kawhi and couldn‘t be fired was

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be like when they replaced RC with Brian Wrong. Can't blame Chip if goes to GSW though, trades in a tank for a le team, 108 degree days for 67 degree days, Whataburger for world class dining, etc.
    l

But he leaving all those "Unique Breakfast Tacos" How Could He Do This.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone said He and Kerr went to high school together so that puts him as a native Californian, as Kerr says, "...from the mean streets of Pacific Palisades". Maybe he just wants to return there and prepare for retirement with a championship quality team. Not to mention he probably has some great retirement benefits after 20 years with the Spurs. He can be a double dipper until he decides to finally retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone said He and Kerr went to high school together so that puts him as a native Californian, as Kerr says, "...from the mean streets of Pacific Palisades". Maybe he just wants to return there and prepare for retirement with a championship quality team. Not to mention he probably has some great retirement benefits after 20 years with the Spurs. He can be a double dipper until he decides to finally retire.
    Looks like the same high school- Pacific palisades Kerr 83, Chip 79 not sure they overlapped but close.
    15 years with one team, 61 years
    Current head coach a retirement possibility every year. Makes sense- thanks Chip and best of luck with whatever you do.

Also makes sense for the Spurs to move on from him. They have a whole team of under age drinkers and need someone more long term

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gave us 17 years of his prime so if he wants to leave for a contender than i say shake his hand and wish him well. We can find another shooting coach.
    Apparently he doesn't care for the tanking mentality and is going where tank is considered a bad four letter word like f**K .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently he doesn't care for the tanking mentality and is going where tank is considered a bad four letter word like f**K .
    Where did you read this? Has anyone found out when his contract expires?

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors are poaching him. They probably see the writing on the wall with their big three aging and don't want to end up like the Spurs after Duncan/Manu/Parker retired. Apparently, they're doubling their developmental staff and already took key people from Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors are poaching him. They probably see the writing on the wall with their big three aging and don't want to end up like the Spurs after Duncan/Manu/Parker retired. Apparently, they're doubling their developmental staff and already took key people from Toronto.
    I think they're set for another 3 to 5 years. I think their odds or ringing next year are better than they were this year.

Not only do they get Wiseman back, they have two guys from their G League team that have dropped 30+ in summer league outside of Wiseman. Steph and Klay will eventually fall off but they'll be good for another 5 yrs. I'd count on at least 1 if not 2 more rings on that span.

Thread Information