Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe I'd still try to find a deal with Charlotte. Maybe a 3 way with LA.

LA- Hayward
    Charlotte- McDermott
    Spurs- WB, protections removed from Cha pick, top 3 protected future LA pick.

As good as the 23 draft is at the top I'd try everything I could to get a 2nd top 10 pick in this draft.
    I'm not sure Charlotte is in as bad a shape cap-wise and needing to get rid of Hayward due to the whole Bridges thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure Charlotte is in as bad a shape cap-wise and needing to get rid of Hayward due to the whole Bridges thing.
    That could be...it'd depend on what else they might have in place elsewhere I'd think. It also would free up 24 and 25 if they needed to do something with one of those picks by moving the protections on this year's pick. That might have some value to them going forward as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LA- Hayward
    Charlotte- McDermott

As good as the 23 draft is at the top I'd try everything I could to get a 2nd top 10 pick in this draft.
    Charlotte would never do this. They save 20mm a yr for two years and lose what will probably be a top 10 pick? A healthy Hayward will have value both this season and a year from now, while McBooger will always be a terrible contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte would never do this. They save 20mm a yr for two years and lose what will probably be a top 10 pick? A healthy Hayward will have value both this season and a year from now, while McBooger will always be a terrible contract.
    I believe it's $30M/year.. and if they think they'll be a bottom 10 team they won't do it...if they think this frees them up for something else they have in mind they might and the increased flexibility of freeing up the 24 and/or 25 picks would help with that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Chinook would normally be right in this thread, but if I'm the Spurs I'm willing to concede some value to get those Laker's picks as unprotected. I really think those picks are high probability lottery picks and think that protections on them really erode their value.
    What do you mean by those? It would be 1 pick. They would send the other one to Brooklyn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe it's $30M/year.. and if they think they'll be a bottom 10 team they won't do it...if they think this frees them up for something else they have in mind they might and the increased flexibility of freeing up the 24 and/or 25 picks would help with that.
    They are taking back 14mm a yr over the same period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LA- Hayward
    Charlotte- McDermott

Maybe you let CHA to go top 4 or top 6 protected in this scenario. The Lakers pick needs to be fully unprotected. I just don't see how CHA makes this trade though. Swapping Hayward for Doug makes them worse (meaning they'd want to keep the protections). Only way CHA lifts the protections is if they believe whatever they are acquiring makes them better (playoff bound)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you let CHA to go top 4 or top 6 protected in this scenario. The Lakers pick needs to be fully unprotected. I just don't see how CHA makes this trade though. Swapping Hayward for Doug makes them worse (meaning they'd want to keep the protections). Only way CHA lifts the protections is if they believe whatever they are acquiring makes them better (playoff bound)
    It's true that they probably only do this if they have another target lined up. Lifting the protection does benefit them by allowing them to trade future picks in a subsequent deal though...and if they'd rather have Richardson than Doug to save more money then that's fine as well..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean by those? It would be 1 pick. They would send the other one to Brooklyn.
    So? Which ever one the Spurs would end up with, I'm still talking about both so why wouldn't I say "those".

Thread Information