Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes finally some positive news in this modern world.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very happy with the extension!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its all good im sure he’ll be traded next year for a 2055 first round pick most likely between the 25-28 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, sounds like fair market value. I'm not enamored with KJ, but with Dejounte gone it's important to lock up our most valuable young pieces long term, without compromising the long term plan (like, say, an Ayton or Lavine would have done). I think this deal does so nicely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its all good im sure he’ll be traded next year for a 2055 first round pick most likely between the 25-28 pick.
    We probably have 3 years of Big Body, minimum. Other than White, none of the youngsters have been traded with less than 2 years elapsed on their extensions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this deal but I think Keldon takes a step back this year sans Murray. He’s going to look much worse as the #1 option. Hopefully the defensive IQ/effort gets a jolt.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny to think that he is now the face of the franchise, but I like KJ so no complaints with this signing. It will be interesting to see how he steps into a leadership role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, hopefully this signing can alleviate some of the horrible, misguided assumptions regarding Klutch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think in the beginning Klutch was somewhat small minded and LeBron focused, but now that they’ve been brought into a larger conglomerate, I think they see that there’s more money in being just a normal agency. The Morris fiasco may have led the agency to change how they do business. Who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’d be a bargain once Keldon starts putting some numbers this season. Plus it sets a little stability after dealing DJ and likely Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think in the beginning Klutch was somewhat small minded and LeBron focused, but now that they’ve been brought into a larger conglomerate, I think they see that there’s more money in being just a normal agency. The Morris fiasco may have led the agency to change how they do business. Who knows.
    Morris wasn’t the first player to renag. It happens. It shouldn't, but it does. Klutch and Morris parted ways quickly after that debacle. That wasn’t Klutch telling Morris to get the bag rather they failed to get him his best deal at the onset and when the Knicks came knocking it got messy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is on the team in 2 years I would be shocked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting whether there are any options in the contract's last year or if it's similar to White's and DJ's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably sensed LBJ end is near and it's time to build relationships with NBA teams to continue raking in money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris wasn’t the first player to renag. It happens. It shouldn't, but it does. Klutch and Morris parted ways quickly after that debacle. That wasn’t Klutch telling Morris to get the bag rather they failed to get him his best deal at the onset and when the Knicks came knocking it got messy.
    I have no idea how exactly the Morris deal went down; I talked to a scout one time who had said that Morris was involved, but who knows? As far as perception, it definitely made Paul look bad to some degree, so even if he wasn’t the one making a decision I wonder if that was a factor, but then again as a Spurs fan I can’t assume anyone else cares what we think, right? Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or you were just wrong about them and relied on media influence to garner opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or you were just wrong about them and relied on media influence to garner opinion.
    I think you’re taking more of an extreme stance. Do you think in the beginning Klutch acted like a totally normal agency?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you’re taking more of an extreme stance. Do you think in the beginning Klutch acted like a totally normal agency?
    I didn't mean it extreme. Klutch is commonly painted as a bad guy because they do their job well and get their clients paid. If you hired a realtor to sell your house, you wouldn't think they were a bad guy for getting you paid. Klutch never seems like they're doing anything shady, they're just doing their job and getting their players what they want.

I've never found klutch to be doing anything abnormal business wise. They were just looking to be the best. Feel like the narrative that owners are the good guys and players are the bad guys has been ingrained in to many peoples heads.

Not saying thats you per say. I just don't think klutch has ever been some type of bad program and they weren't bad guys with the spurs in particular. Spurs have had a few of their clients. Things have worked out multiple times with them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch has clearly steered players to certain destinations (LAL) and in service of a certain player (LBJ). I believe something like 8 out of their current 12 players under contract are now Klutch.

They have also ignored lower grade players and focused on their big fish. They have ed at least one player because they talked a big game and then didn't do their job, not answering calls and taking offers.

There is a reason why some teams have explicitly said they don't want to deal with them.

Now, things may be changing or have changed, but saying they are a normal agency and have been doing things on the up-and-up is completely false. But I understand how Americans fall in love with celebrity nowadays and don't understand corruption.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch has clearly steered players to certain destinations (LAL) and in service of a certain player (LBJ). I believe something like 8 out of their current 12 players under contract are now Klutch.

They have also ignored lower grade players and focused on their big fish. They have ed at least one player because they talked a big game and then didn't do their job, not answering calls and taking offers.

There is a reason why some teams have explicitly said they don't want to deal with them.

Now, things may be changing or have changed, but saying they are a normal agency and have been doing things on the up-and-up is completely false. But I understand how Americans fall in love with celebrity nowadays and don't understand corruption.
    Would love to see these examples where teams were explicit in not wanting to deal with Klutch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no reason to believe Klutch and the Spurs don't have a great relationship at this point.

Spurs gave Trey Lyles a career he propbably didn't deserve and traded DJM to a desirable team (probably by DJM's standards and there is a good chance that this is a move that DJM and Klutch wanted). Seems like it was a pretty smooth process to extend KJ (since none of us heard anything about it until it happened). My guess is that Brian Wright knows his place and plays nice with Klutch because it's the only way we'll ever be compe ive again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no reason to believe Klutch and the Spurs don't have a great relationship at this point.

Spurs gave Trey Lyles a career he propbably didn't deserve and traded DJM to a desirable team (probably by DJM's standards and there is a good chance that this is a move that DJM and Klutch wanted). Seems like it was a pretty smooth process to extend KJ (since none of us heard anything about it until it happened). My guess is that Brian Wright knows his place and plays nice with Klutch because it's the only way we'll ever be compe ive again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see these examples where teams were explicit in not wanting to deal with Klutch.
    I get that you fancy yourself a cabana boy for Rich Paul for some reason, and probably have effigies to Kim Kardashian and Elon Musk you worship, but you are stupidly naive if you don't realize Klutch hasn't been acting like a normal agency.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-of-basketball

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...16751_37536615

https://lakersnation.com/charles-bar...le/2021/09/10/

And so many others.

Again, I don't blame simpletons for being in love with celebrity. I get that you clap like a child when the ESPN logo comes on, but people much smarter than you have had an issue with this for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is on the team in 2 years I would be shocked.
    I'm fine with that if he can bring in a couple unprotected picks plus an unprotected swap or two.

Thread Information