My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shhhh shhhh, it's okay.
    It's okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A loss for the Spurs. The Heat were smart to grab him. He would have fit into a very physical lineup and his 3pt shot making was very impressive. The Spurs will regret this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami signs 22 YO nobody to 2 way, ST melts down.

Who ing cares? We don’t need pieces. We’ve got those. We need to be stockpiling draft picks, and using them on high upside players to try to find The Guy who can carry us forward.
    Or you could keep him for a bit, continue to grow his game and then get something for him later.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably didn't embrace Primo enough tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat lost PJ Tucker and replaced him with a younger version

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a stupid question here...but did the Spurs have any rights to him just because he was on their Summer League roster?

I'm guessing not, and if so, it's possible that he fielded multiple 2-way deals or similar offers, and chose another over the Spurs'. He did play pretty well in Summer League even next to some of our top draft picks.

I love SA...but if it's a choice of working in San Antonio or Miami...I'd probably choose South Beach too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a stupid question here...but did the Spurs have any rights to him just because he was on their Summer League roster?

I'm guessing not, and if so, it's possible that he fielded multiple 2-way deals or similar offers, and chose another over the Spurs'. He did play pretty well in Summer League even next to some of our top draft picks.

I love SA...but if it's a choice of working in San Antonio or Miami...I'd probably choose South Beach too.
    No rights to him. There are players on other teams that can be signed straightaway, too. For example, Luka Garza.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami signs 22 YO nobody to 2 way, ST melts down.

Who ing cares? We don’t need pieces. We’ve got those. We need to be stockpiling draft picks, and using them on high upside players to try to find The Guy who can carry us forward.
    I actually completely forgot about what Timvp mentioned about the Spurs having Udonis Haslem on our summer league team in 2003. That one stings a lot more. I remember telling a friend that we've got this guy (Udonis Haslem) tearing it up in summer league and then the next thing you know, the Heat sign him and he ends up being a very good player for them for years. He would have fit very well on those Spurs teams . Not sure if Days will end up being the same level of player, but the Spurs should have given him a two way IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually completely forgot about what Timvp mentioned about the Spurs having Udonis Haslem on our summer league team in 2003. That one stings a lot more. I remember telling a friend that we've got this guy (Udonis Haslem) tearing it up in summer league and then the next thing you know, the Heat sign him and he ends up being a very good player for them for years. He would have fit very well on those Spurs teams . Not sure if Days will end up being the same level of player, but the Spurs should have given him a two way IMO.
    He played for both the Heat and the Spurs in separate summer leagues that year. Believe Heat gave him a better offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We still had Malik Rose at that point. Haslem would have been a redundant undersized backup.

Thread Information