Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will win more than 24 games barring injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will win more than 24 games barring injury.
    i sure as hope not. 25-30 wins is still terrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i sure as hope not. 25-30 wins is still terrible
    With a healthy roster, my personal O/U is 31.5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

its possible but one injury or poodle jettison and bottoms up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to have a connection to a broker who can tell you on which bets unusual high amounts of money are bet on. That‘s how you make the most money and it‘s usually a sign that the game is fixed. That‘s how it‘s done in soccer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to have a connection to a broker who can tell you on which bets unusual high amounts of money are bet on. That‘s how you make the most money and it‘s usually a sign that the game is fixed. That‘s how it‘s done in soccer
    Sports books are also pawning off their own risk on other books to manage their own book. Some lines are more liquid than others. Spurs futures are probably pretty damn illiquid.

Our dear friend Abe bangs the table on his knowledge of Vegas odds but only ever gambles at Saturday BINGO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its possible but one injury or poodle jettison and bottoms up
    My assumption is no Poodle, but Zollins gives you most of the paint protection, and spaces the floor and hits FTs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My assumption is no Poodle, but Zollins gives you most of the paint protection, and spaces the floor and hits FTs.
    Sounds good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe Pop will EVER purposely lose a game by manipulating the players time on court. Not in his DNA. So how does a great coach figure a way to steal some games from better teams.???

We will see a lot of lineups and my guess is his strategy will be to wear out the other teams with short term minutes for in and out players. This gives the rookies some burn and encourages everyone to go full steam while on the court. This game of BB also hinges on the endurance of players who play at a fast pace. Fast breaks and passing the ball around the horn will be the order of the day. If our players are truly NBA level, although maybe not great or All-star material, they might win a few against teams that rely on their stars playing long minutes. I don't see LeBron playing 40 minutes of racehorse basketball at his age, do you?

That's my take on how to use the roster we have to its best advantage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe Pop will EVER purposely lose a game by manipulating the players time on court. Not in his DNA. So how does a great coach figure a way to steal some games from better teams.???

We will see a lot of lineups and my guess is his strategy will be to wear out the other teams with short term minutes for in and out players. This gives the rookies some burn and encourages everyone to go full steam while on the court. This game of BB also hinges on the endurance of players who play at a fast pace. Fast breaks and passing the ball around the horn will be the order of the day. If our players are truly NBA level, although maybe not great or All-star material, they might win a few against teams that rely on their stars playing long minutes. I don't see LeBron playing 40 minutes of racehorse basketball at his age, do you?

Putting this roster to “it’s best advantage” is purgatory.

Coach Pop looked formidable last season but he was hopeless the 3 seasons before. Let’s hope for the latter so we can start building a roster to be hopeful for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I am sorry but I have seen Pop loose games just to make a point to a player or players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have no PG and still the worst FC in nba maybe (especially if Jakob is moved). I’ll take under

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One injury or jak trade and the under is a certainty. If its over? bye-bye top 3 pick ,barring some real lottery magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One injury or jak trade and the under is a certainty. If its over? bye-bye top 3 pick ,barring some real lottery magic.
    If pop leaves after this year and has this team win the 4th fewest games, thereby dropping us from the highest odds of getting a generational talent like Wembanyama, he can all the way off. At some point, you just have to realize your station in life, and ours is to tank for the greater good. Nothing but ego would cause him to fare better unless there's simply something so ing magical about Sochan that you build around him NOW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If pop leaves after this year and has this team win the 4th fewest games, thereby dropping us from the highest odds of getting a generational talent like Wembanyama, he can all the way off. At some point, you just have to realize your station in life, and ours is to tank for the greater good. Nothing but ego would cause him to fare better unless there's simply something so ing magical about Sochan that you build around him NOW.
    everything they have done thus far points to losing. They didn't improve the roster at all and appear to be ready for a sink or swim approach with one of the youngest teams in the league. I just pray we dont fall in that 4-6 worst range and can get lucky one last time in the lottery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you finish with the most losses, you only have a 14% chance at #1. 4th spot is 12.5%. You’re going to have a fit over 1.5%? OK, you do you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you finish with the most losses, you only have a 14% chance at #1. 4th spot is 12.5%. You’re going to have a fit over 1.5%? OK, you do you.

definitely didnt work for houston

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not about #1. It’s about a top 5ish pick. We already struggle to draft late lottery. I’ll explain this in your terms...

PATFO
    NEEDS
    A LAYUP

Take a guy at 1 or 2 who who others would take at 5 because he checks your profiling boxes, okay, fine whatever but we can’t keep fielding a team of up and coming 7th men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not about #1. It’s about a top 5ish pick. We already struggle to draft late lottery. I’ll explain this in your terms...

PATFO
    NEEDS
    A LAYUP

Take a guy at 1 or 2 who who others would take at 5 because he checks your profiling boxes, okay, fine whatever but we can’t keep fielding a team of up and coming 7th men.
    If you want to change the discussion to “#1 is bad, go top 5”, quote his post, not mine. I think going all in thinking you’ll get #1 is stupid, and I said that, mentioning the ty odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    definitely didnt work for houston
    Or Detroit.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take the under. The Spurs are the least talented team in the league.

23 wins is about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take the under. The Spurs are the least talented team in the league.

23 wins is about right.
    spurs are going to need to be nearly perfect to get anywhere close to 30 wins

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to change the discussion to “#1 is bad, go top 5”, quote his post, not mine. I think going all in thinking you’ll get #1 is stupid, and I said that, mentioning the ty odds.
    There area a few great players in the top five of next year's draft. Even if the spurs don't get number one they will still add a great player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooo, not too much worse than last year?? Think you're overshooting their ceiling here.

No DJ. No Derrick. No Lonnie (best scorer off the bench until Josh got here, who will likely be traded). Likely no Poeltl (clearly our best defender in the paint). And even with Poeltl and Richardson, we have no defensive talent aaide from Poeltl, Richardson, and maybe Vassell, nor reliable scoring aside from KJ and maybe Vassell.

So even if you challenge the overall contribution of any of those players, and I do myself, very little history playing together which likely means much of the first half of the season will be spent being cohesive together. And that assumes pop actually has coherent lineups and sticks with them.

Very tough schedule given our division is almost uniformly better than us. Aside from Utah, and maaaaaybe Sacramento, who in our conference do you expect to retrograde down the standings ladder?

In the eastern conference, aside from Washington, Orlando, Indiana, Detroit, and maybe Brooklyn depending on what happens there, all the other teams are clearly better than us. And I'd submit most of the teams I just listed are probably going to be better as well.

I don't see any way in this team cracks 25 wins, UNLESS Sochan is just a badass on the pro level and we just haven't seen it yet because he's not played yet.

I'd go much closer with what Vegas is predicting. We're nowhere near as good as we were last year, and we sucked balls last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooo, not too much worse than last year?? Think you're overshooting their ceiling here.

No DJ. No Derrick. No Lonnie (best scorer off the bench until Josh got here, who will likely be traded). Likely no Poeltl (clearly our best defender in the paint). And even with Poeltl and Richardson, we have no defensive talent aaide from Poeltl, Richardson, and maybe Vassell, nor reliable scoring aside from KJ and maybe Vassell.

So even if you challenge the overall contribution of any of those players, and I do myself, very little history playing together which likely means much of the first half of the season will be spent being cohesive together. And that assumes pop actually has coherent lineups and sticks with them.

Very tough schedule given our division is almost uniformly better than us. Aside from Utah, and maaaaaybe Sacramento, who in our conference do you expect to retrograde down the standings ladder?

In the eastern conference, aside from Washington, Orlando, Indiana, Detroit, and maybe Brooklyn depending on what happens there, all the other teams are clearly better than us. And I'd submit most of the teams I just listed are probably going to be better as well.

I don't see any way in this team cracks 25 wins, UNLESS Sochan is just a badass on the pro level and we just haven't seen it yet because he's not played yet.

I'd go much closer with what Vegas is predicting. We're nowhere near as good as we were last year, and we sucked balls last year

its true , we need keldon or vassell to be a go to 1v1 scorer and tre jones is our best pg. Sochan and poodle aren't exactly offensive juggernauts and primo is a huuge ? This team is going to have to have alot go right just to stay compe ive most nights

Thread Information