My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...league-game-5/

Wait, the Spurs are allowed to win games? Tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last Spurs victory for this calendar year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks it’s always fun to read your assessments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2-17 again for Wesley? Should we be worried

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't we kinda want this though?

I don't mean the poor shooting %, that's obviously gotta get better. But we should be happy that he doesnt start pouting with his shoulders hunched down and start passing up possible good looks after getting off to a poor shooting start. Cuz we've had one of those before and they're frustrating af to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Only a little bit. His idea of good shot selection is “whenever I touch the ball.” Needs a lot of coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley will be fine imo. As has been said, he's coming from a team where he had to make things happen (had a >32% usage with Notre Dame iirc). The fact he's shown the ability to play PG is an unexpected surprise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone else here was saying it but Blake Wesley shot poorly however look at his 5 ast / 0 turnover and 2 stl & 1 blk / 0 fouls ratios. Very dank performance there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham’s catch and shoot is extremely quick. It’s like a half second gather and then he throws it up. Reminds me of Klay. I don’t think it looked like that in college?? If he changed that since then, then this dude is a fast learner. Reminds me of what Kawhi did every offseason when he added something new to his game. When I researched Branham, it sounded like he owes a lot of his success to his trainer.

a lot of Wes’s shots went in and out. It happens. He still looks for his teammates. He does everything a PG does. It’s only going to get better. He’ll learn his spots. He has stretches where he makes really good reads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By far the most entertaining shot to me is the fadeaway. The fact that Branham can do that AND hit 3’s is exciting as . Only the top players have both.

Offense may be fun again with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fact that Branham has such a polished game and just turned 19 2 months ago.... This guy will be a monster by the time he's 22

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham’s catch and shoot is extremely quick. It’s like a half second gather and then he throws it up. Reminds me of Klay. I don’t think it looked like that in college?? If he changed that since then, then this dude is a fast learner. Reminds me of what Kawhi did every offseason when he added something new to his game. When I researched Branham, it sounded like he owes a lot of his success to his trainer.

a lot of Wes’s shots went in and out. It happens. He still looks for his teammates. He does everything a PG does. It’s only going to get better. He’ll learn his spots. He has stretches where he makes really good reads.
    The first time I saw Branham do that I wasn't even sure he was shooting.

Wes- well if he could hit shots consistently he would've gone in the top 10. I thought a few of the shots were at the end of the shot cycle where he was trying to make something happen.
    On the plus side he plays D, no turnovers while essentially playing point. Has a lot better court vision than I thought. Seems to be able to get a shot off at will and doesn't mope as pointed out by lefty20.
    He just oozes potential, but already looks playable- pretty damn good for a 25th pick.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By far the most entertaining shot to me is the fadeaway. The fact that Branham can do that AND hit 3’s is exciting as . Only the top players have both.

Offense may be fun again with the Spurs.
    Nice vid.

His release looks pretty low (head height or so, maybe even chin height?) but quite fast. He also rattled in 4 threes in that video. Were the rims there a bit loose, does he have some sidespin on his shot, or something else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice vid.

His release looks pretty low (head height or so, maybe even chin height?) but quite fast. He also rattled in 4 threes in that video. Were the rims there a bit loose, does he have some sidespin on his shot, or something else?
    Good observation. A LOT of shots were rattling in and out that night, including many of Wesley’s.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp I request that y'all add bylines to home page articles to aid the decision to open.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last Spurs victory for this calendar year.
    naw!! Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoa……he’s gonna be a problem!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wesley is the raw one with tons of potential, lets not start cutting our wrists

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not totally serious, but I see some Willie Anderson in Branham. Skinny. Silky touch. Deceptive athleticism. Turnaround jumper is money for him. I remember Willy Anderson’s very first game as a rookie I think he put up something like 28 points on the Lakers and after that there was no doubt he was going to be a player. Course I don’t expect that for Branham but it sure would be awesome if he or one of the other two rookies come strong right out of the gate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not totally serious, but I see some Willie Anderson in Branham. Skinny. Silky touch. Deceptive athleticism. Turnaround jumper is money for him. I remember Willy Anderson’s very first game as a rookie I think he put up something like 28 points on the Lakers and after that there was no doubt he was going to be a player. Course I don’t expect that for Branham but it sure would be awesome if he or one of the other two rookies come strong right out of the gate.
    Those early David Robinson Spurs teams were quietly stacked.

I see Derek Anderson in Branham.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those early David Robinson Spurs teams were quietly stacked.

I see Derek Anderson in Branham.
    I would love to see a homeless man’s George Gervin in there somewhere. If only he could develop a finger roll, lol

Thread Information