Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most scenarios show us leveling off after this century because there's only so much CO2 stored in all fossil fuel stores and world population estimate also don't grow forever. I would be absolutely shocked if we're still using fossil fuels like this at the end of this century. Well I guess I'll be dead by then but yeah, that shouldn't be the case. The lionshare of warming will happen in our lifetimes although not all because the oceans take a long time to warm so there will always be long lag for a portion of it.

Still, 4 degrees C of total warming is an absolute insane amount since the heating is disproportionate over land and in the NH. Texas Summers may very well be 8-10 degrees F hotter on Average by the end of the century. Average high temps for San Antonio for August may end up over 100 in our lifetimes. That's pretty ing insane.

People on the whole really don't understand how bad things are going to be in the coming 20-30 years for this country. I have no ing clue on the West is going to have any water. We're going to see a TON of climate migration within our own nation and thats not to say what is going to happen with climate refugees. Things are on the verge of being dire right now for Vegas and that surrounding area but there is absolutely no relief in sight so I have no idea how they're going to handle it 10+ years from now other than people are going to have to move.

If people thought COVID was bad they're about to see things on a whole new level with climate change.
    Even if we stop putting a bunch more CO2 in the air by 2100 the CO2 that will already be there won't continue warming the planet? We're at 150% of pre-industrial revolution levels and can't imagine we won't be at 200% by some point this century.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if we stop putting a bunch more CO2 in the air by 2100 the CO2 that will already be there won't continue warming the planet? We're at 150% of pre-industrial revolution levels and can't imagine we won't be at 200% by some point this century.
    It will, but CO2 emissions should level off well before then and probably drop. Even in the worst emissions scenarios we can't keep doing what we're doing very long and people are going to make change the worse it gets. Its one thing when its people getting flooded in one city or just a handful of people (relatively) losing their homes to fires but pretty soon the bottom line is going to be food and economic damages to EVERYONE so its not really realistic that we can continue to increase the CO2 concentrations for another 100 years.

There will be some lag time with heating but most of the projections show that most of the heating happens before 2100. Now, just because its not heating doesn't mean is cooling down. Without actively removing CO2 from the atmosphere, temps will stay at those levels for thousands of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg1/f...r-policymakers

Forum code feels ancient to share figures with but you can just look at the figures there that are coming from AR6 which is currently still being worked on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://crt-climate-explorer.nemac.o...on=-98.4945922

There's a good tool up that shows you the latest projections for AR6. Grim.

The tool is actually pretty amazing. I've never used it before but I'm impressed.

for Bexar summers:

BEXAR, TEXAS
    Avg Daily Max Temp (°F)
    2090s projection
    Higher Emissions
    Lower Emissions
    1961-1990 observed average
    Population (2017)
    1.9M

(Lower emissions scenario is currently a pipe dream)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will, but CO2 emissions should level off well before then and probably drop. Even in the worst emissions scenarios we can't keep doing what we're doing very long and people are going to make change the worse it gets. Its one thing when its people getting flooded in one city or just a handful of people (relatively) losing their homes to fires but pretty soon the bottom line is going to be food and economic damages to EVERYONE so its not really realistic that we can continue to increase the CO2 concentrations for another 100 years.

There will be some lag time with heating but most of the projections show that most of the heating happens before 2100. Now, just because its not heating doesn't mean is cooling down. Without actively removing CO2 from the atmosphere, temps will stay at those levels for thousands of years.
    Carbon capture is the future. Carbon free fossil fuels FTW.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy 200th birthday to Eunice Foote, hidden climate science pioneer

Born on July 17, 1819, Eunice Newton Foote was an amateur scientist and a women's rights campaigner who was friends with American suffragist Elizabeth Cady Stanton.

Foote's experiments with atmospheric gases and her insights about past climate were overlooked for more than a century.

Foote’s experiments in the 1850s

demonstrated the ability of atmospheric water vapor and carbon dioxide to affect solar heating,

foreshadowing John Tyndall’s later experiments that described the workings of Earth’s greenhouse effect.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/features/happy-200th-birthday-eunice-foote-hidden-climate-science-pioneer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "greatest generation"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "greatest generation"
    Lol you can't even get that right.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "greatest generation"
    That's not how that works

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow only got to like 97 today. Legit felt cool.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow only got to like 97 today. Legit felt cool.
    What was the humidity, wind speed and direction?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also pollen count would be nice on your updates

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not how that works
    Sure it is. You think they stopped in 1913?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also pollen count would be nice on your updates
    Horoscope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you can't even get that right.
    Members of the Greatest Generation were born in the 1900s to the 1920s. There's no universal cut-off date, but some sources have defined the Greatest Generation as people born from 1901 to 1927 or 1901 to 1924. Their parents were likely part of the Lost Generation. Many also had children in the Baby Boomer generation.Jun 13, 2020

Do you think "the world" is only NZ?

Pretty sure those neckbeards weren't living with mom till they were 26

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Members of the Greatest Generation were born in the 1900s to the 1920s. There's no universal cut-off date, but some sources have defined the Greatest Generation as people born from 1901 to 1927 or 1901 to 1924. Their parents were likely part of the Lost Generation. Many also had children in the Baby Boomer generation.Jun 13, 2020

Do you think "the world" is only NZ?

Pretty sure those neckbeards weren't living with mom till they were 26
    Yeah, how old was the person that printed the article, genius? 12?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your troll timing is way off. Too obvious. You should have this by now after all this troll time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll show you CO2 emissions.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy an economist?

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Here’s another one from that genius where he clearly did no research to learn that the Pacific Garbage Patch isn’t a huge floating pile of used diapers & pizza boxes, it’s millions of plastic bits in the water. Real winner picked by Snacks.

Last edited by Kim Jong-il; 08-01-2022 at 08:48 PM.

Thread Information