Post Count
    We have had high 90s for almost a week and that passes for relief here
    Well. It IS August.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well. It IS August.
    No , being only at historical average for the date is relief with how much this area has warmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today was Day 57 of 100+, tying us with 2011 for second most days of 100+ in a year here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Day 58 of 100+ today. One more ties the record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some here need to move North.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing how the border wall keeps the heat out of Mexico.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some here need to move North.
    Or just become lonely homebodies who stay inside all the time, am I right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or just become lonely homebodies who stay inside all the time, am I right?
    If it keeps them from ing about the heat in the summertime in Texas, sure. If it bothered me that much I'd live in a more temperate region.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it keeps them from ing about the heat in the summertime in Texas, sure. If it bothered me that much I'd live in a more temperate region.
    Shouldn't you move to another forum with all your ing about this one?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    GOTEEEEEEEEEM!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ^triggered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pool days are dwindling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pool days are dwindling
    You'll have more of them along with higher energy bills here in the near future, don't worry.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still love living here but the number of days 3or 4 degrees over 100 is really the most ridiculous stat for me.

You can however alter what you do outside and there is some level of adapting available.
    Biking really helps replace running if you properly equip yourself and move through the air quickly. Evaporative cooling by using the right clothing and watering yourself down is a huge help if you crave exercise. Swimming laps is also great. But you have to adapt your work time to for the lap swimming pool times. It’s possible, but probably not for poorer folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell the poor folks to just buy a pool and stop whining

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean...most people have some kind of access to a public lake. If they're really wanting to swim for exercise. Or a public pool. Or the YMCA, which isn't free but has a lot of exercise options depending on where you live.
    We put in a pool last year and I knew it was a losing proposition if you base it on how many days people actually swim in it. Plus you don't get that money back in most cases when you sell the house. Plus maintenance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still love living here but the number of days 3or 4 degrees over 100 is really the most ridiculous stat for me.

You can however alter what you do outside and there is some level of adapting available.
    Biking really helps replace running if you properly equip yourself and move through the air quickly. Evaporative cooling by using the right clothing and watering yourself down is a huge help if you crave exercise. Swimming laps is also great. But you have to adapt your work time to for the lap swimming pool times. It’s possible, but probably not for poorer folks.
    Drink water, go for a run, drink water, take a cool shower. It's not a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean...most people have some kind of access to a public lake. If they're really wanting to swim for exercise. Or a public pool. Or the YMCA, which isn't free but has a lot of exercise options depending on where you live.
    We put in a pool last year and I knew it was a losing proposition if you base it on how many days people actually swim in it. Plus you don't get that money back in most cases when you sell the house. Plus maintenance.
    we have a spa we use regularly, maybe a smaller format would suit you, too. imagine having just a hot tub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean...most people have some kind of access to a public lake. If they're really wanting to swim for exercise.
    Lol srsly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we have a spa we use regularly, maybe a smaller format would suit you, too. imagine having just a hot tub.
    That would have suited me fine. But we've got kids and a couple of grandkids so it was really something my wife wanted to do for all of them. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it. But when I do the math, it doesn't make sense. We could have used a small portion of the investment for a great overseas trip or two. And still have a bunch left over for whatever paid swimming anyone wanted to do. Plus, as hot as it's been, I don't even want to go outside and with it all. Clean the pool, clean the skimmers, test the water, blow up floats, jump in, dry off to go get something inside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with? If you live in Texas, you shouldn't be too far from a lake with public access. We did it all the time as kids. And where I live now, there are a couple of very nice public parks with lake access. So yeah...if I really thought I needed to swim to get the most beneficial exercise, I could make that happen. That being said, I'm sure I'm too lazy to do that. But it's an option. I do get that it's something that would be a grind to do a few times a week. But if swimming is your thing, it's available. And as I said, public pools and the YMCA are options. Not to mention all the hospital affiliated work out places. We've got one not to far away that offers pool, weights, for cheaper than the Y. And for a few buck more, Yoga, Pilates, and whatever else you might want to do. And the family cost is cheaper than going out to eat for one night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, I have to report that it is oven hot here in Virginia too.

Temperature swing might be an anomaly but I can relate to the San Antonio heat issue.

When I open the front door, I get that blast of heat on my face you get when you open the microwave oven.

72 degrees right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drink water, go for a run, drink water, take a cool shower. It's not a problem.
    Lol go for a run in 100 degree heat. No problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with? If you live in Texas, you shouldn't be too far from a lake with public access. We did it all the time as kids. And where I live now, there are a couple of very nice public parks with lake access. So yeah...if I really thought I needed to swim to get the most beneficial exercise, I could make that happen. That being said, I'm sure I'm too lazy to do that. But it's an option. I do get that it's something that would be a grind to do a few times a week. But if swimming is your thing, it's available. And as I said, public pools and the YMCA are options. Not to mention all the hospital affiliated work out places. We've got one not to far away that offers pool, weights, for cheaper than the Y. And for a few buck more, Yoga, Pilates, and whatever else you might want to do. And the family cost is cheaper than going out to eat for one night.
    I've never met one person ever that went to a lake to exercise.

I'm also in SA north side probably 30 minutes from a lake or river.

Not sure poor people can walk to the closest lake or community pool here. Our park system here really blows. Austin is much better about that.

Thread Information