Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25657172737475
Results 1,851 to 1,861 of 1861
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a 79% chance of a neutral spring followed by a 55% chance of La Nina this summer.

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...ensodisc.shtml
    there's tall clover up the street at my corner store.

The books say to trim your rose bush after the first freeze, but then first freeze barely touches it and spring immediately commences in south central Texas.

The plant never went dormant, it makes no sense to pull off the leaves or prune the bush, which after all survived 3 bad freezes and two brutally hot summers. My inclination is not to cut the rose bush at all.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's tall clover up the street at my corner store.

The books say to trim your rose bush after the first freeze, but then first freeze barely touches it and spring immediately commences in south central Texas.

The plant never went dormant, it makes no sense to pull off the leaves or prune the bush, which after all survived 3 bad freezes and two brutally hot summers. My inclination is not to cut the rose bush at all.
    ing 87 tomorrow like we were deep into April already. LOL spring in January and late spring in February. The trees didn't even lose their leaves until those 3 cold days in January, so basically had 3 days of winter.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Climatologists predicted just this.
    Wild fluctuations in temp with very cold and very hot spells along with the overall global temp rising.

There is one good bit of news. I have read that some climatologists that believe the world CO2 output did not increase in 2023 and may have even dropped a little. Still to be determined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing 87 tomorrow like we were deep into April already. LOL spring in January and late spring in February. The trees didn't even lose their leaves until those 3 cold days in January, so basically had 3 days of winter.
    I think I've worn a jacket like 5 times this winter.

A few cold days back in early December too. That's about it. Sucks ass knowing the A/C will be running for a lot of the day tomorrow, late February.

But hey, at least Darrin will get to use his pool by spring break

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Climatologists predicted just this.
    Wild fluctuations in temp with very cold and very hot spells along with the overall global temp rising.

There is one good bit of news. I have read that some climatologists that believe the world CO2 output did not increase in 2023 and may have even dropped a little. Still to be determined.
    Yeah I'm skeptical that the world c02 output went down any.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I've worn a jacket like 5 times this winter.

A few cold days back in early December too. That's about it. Sucks ass knowing the A/C will be running for a lot of the day tomorrow, late February.

But hey, at least Darrin will get to use his pool by spring break
    I haven't bought a jacket in years since all you need these days is a sweatshirt on the 2 or 3 cold days we typically get in winters now. Ugh and the forecast for today has crept up to 89.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Profiteering Hampers U.S. Grid Expansion Private utility companies are blocking new interregional transmission lines

The United States is not building enough transmission lines to connect regional power networks. The deficit is driving up electricity prices, reducing grid reliability, and hobbling renewable-energy deployment.

At the heart of the problem are utility companies that refuse to pursue interregional transmission projects, and sometimes even impede them, because new projects threaten their profits and disrupt their industry alliances. Utilities can stall transmission expansion because out-of-date laws sanction these companies’ sweeping control over transmission development.

As we increasingly electrify our homes, transportation, and factories, utility companies’ choices about transmission will have huge consequences for the nation’s economy and well-being. About 40 corporations, valued at a trillion dollars, own the vast majority of transmission lines in the United States. Their grip over the backbone of U.S. grids demands public scrutiny and accountability.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/transmission-expansion

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Profiteering Hampers U.S. Grid Expansion Private utility companies are blocking new interregional transmission lines

The United States is not building enough transmission lines to connect regional power networks. The deficit is driving up electricity prices, reducing grid reliability, and hobbling renewable-energy deployment.

At the heart of the problem are utility companies that refuse to pursue interregional transmission projects, and sometimes even impede them, because new projects threaten their profits and disrupt their industry alliances. Utilities can stall transmission expansion because out-of-date laws sanction these companies’ sweeping control over transmission development.

As we increasingly electrify our homes, transportation, and factories, utility companies’ choices about transmission will have huge consequences for the nation’s economy and well-being. About 40 corporations, valued at a trillion dollars, own the vast majority of transmission lines in the United States. Their grip over the backbone of U.S. grids demands public scrutiny and accountability.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/transmission-expansion
    But, Effy, what's this got to do with the Trumpster?

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Perhaps $5 a gallon gas AGAIN will help?

tee, hee.

Thread Information