Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you’re being honest though, in today’s game, you sit one of the bigs. Seriously. Probably Shaq. And to take honesty further, I’d prefer Shaq not on the roster at all in today’s league.

From the 80s to mid 2000s, it would be one of the wings. Michael and Kobe are the two most alike, redundant. And of course, it would be Michael over Kobe.

Dunno, Shaq would feast on today's interior defenders. He shot what, like 60%? With today's guys, that's a 10% increase, easy. I'll take 70% plus the D of Diesel and Duncan over 40% 3 point shooting.

And, what are the rules? Who says it's today's rules? Even if they meet in the middle, give any of those dudes some hand check ability and those points drop. It's all hypothetical anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Kobe the only one in the image who actually came off the bench as a rookie?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olympic smack? kay

Gold Medals:

Kobe: 2
    Jim:

Bronze Medals:

Kobe: f course, none
    Jim: un
    Life:

Tim: 1

Kobe: 0

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with being the GOAT beta. He was better than Pip even tho Pip took his team past the first round when the person who carried him wasn't there, we can't say that about Kobe, but still, GOAT beta. You can't be carried to 5 les and mislead the media and morons into believing you're more than that without having some talent beyond beating the rap for rape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By bench does it mean grave?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Dunno, Shaq would feast on today's interior defenders. He shot what, like 60%? With today's guys, that's a 10% increase, easy. I'll take 70% plus the D of Diesel and Duncan over 40% 3 point shooting.

And, what are the rules? Who says it's today's rules? Even if they meet in the middle, give any of those dudes some hand check ability and those points drop. It's all hypothetical anyways.
    Of course hypothetical. That’s why discussions like these never can have a true conclusion. Everything is speculation.

Shaq’s dominance on offense is only one side of the ball. Against smallball teams. Against good, playoff, even championship caliber smallball teams, Shaq is as much a liability defensively as he is an advantage offensively. And against teams now, you give up wide open threes, shooters today don’t shoot 35-40% when they’re wide open. They shoot 50%+ when they are wide open. You can’t hide Shaq in the paint in front of the rim on defense against today’s teams. You can’t prevent smart playoff teams from putting Shaq in pick-and-roll after pick-and-roll all game long. You can’t tell 350 pound Shaq to keep up in a wide open, uptempo, transition style of game.

And he won’t shoot 70% from the field. But even if he were to do that, it doesn’t negate all the problems he presents defensively and conditioning. You replace Al Horford with prime Shaq, I still have the Warriors winning. You replace Bam Adebayo with prime Shaq, I still have Boston beating Miami, maybe in less than 7 even because Shaq disrupts what Miami does at both ends of the court.

You can play with whatever rules you want, it’s not so much how today’s teams defend or are unable to defend Shaq. It’s what teams now do to Shaq at the other end of the court and with the pace of play. Shaq scores in any era. No argument. But he’s physically ill-equipped to defend and to run against today’s better playoff teams.

But like you said, it’s all hypothetical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boiled down..

Heartbeat,

Tim 1
    Kobe 0

That's it and that's all
    Life:

Tim: 1

Kobe: 0

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with being the GOAT beta. He was better than Pip even tho Pip took his team past the first round when the person who carried him wasn't there, we can't say that about Kobe, but still, GOAT beta. You can't be carried to 5 les and mislead the media and morons into believing you're more than that without having some talent beyond beating the rap for rape.
    You already said that.. I mean I already said that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Boiled down..

Heartbeat,

Tim 1
    Kobe 0

That's it and that's all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boiled down - Kobe lowest PER group, worst leader, lowest combination of finals MVPs and regular MVPs - no brainer he is benched

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to shaq Damon stoudemire and mike Bibby looked like stars. They kept attacking shaq with the pick and roll and it’s open jumper after open jumper. Even Antonio Daniels had a good series against them.

Shaq in a pick and roll against curry would end with him averaging 40ppg. Even Lillard would score at will.

Thread Information