Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarver has agreed to sell the Suns.

NBA teams are incredibly illiquid assets that can’t easily be valued using traditional valuation metrics. There are usually ripple effects when ownership of a team changes. Can’t find what Sarver’s stake is but my understanding it a large controlling interest >50%.

This could have implications for our ownership group. Wouldn’t be surprised for the final price to be well above estimated current value which typically has ripple effects for valuation across the league.
    The difference is that Robert Sarver is a piece of owner, and that's been a known fact for years. He just managed to get himself involved in a scandal big enough where the NBA could finally boot him out just like they did with Donald Sterling....which is generally a seismic event in professional sports. NFL owners are still basically getting away with murder and continue owning teams

So yeah...your comparison makes no sense unless the Holts and group are found to be caught up in a similar scandal. Owners don't want to turn on other owners, but Sarver forced their hand by his transgressions...and especially the fact that they became public knowledge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is that Robert Sarver is a piece of owner, and that's been a known fact for years. He just managed to get himself involved in a scandal big enough where the NBA could finally boot him out just like they did with Donald Sterling....which is generally a seismic event in professional sports. NFL owners are still basically getting away with murder and continue owning teams

So yeah...your comparison makes no sense unless the Holts and group are found to be caught up in a similar scandal. Owners don't want to turn on other owners, but Sarver forced their hand by his transgressions...and especially the fact that they became public knowledge
    I don’t think you understood the argument here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-hit-4-billion

If this is true that is a shocking reprice of NBA franchises which as I stated above could have serious implications for minority owners.

A minority owner who owns 1-2% of an illiquid $2B asset now has opportunity to take some chips
    off the table and rebalance their portfolio going into a very challenging economic environment where cash will be king.

They also are probably getting rocked in other areas of their portfolio. Good opportunity to rebalance and be liquid for buying opportunities elsewhere.

Who is buying those long term, tightly held, minority pieces? Potentially, investors who have less care in the heritage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Server wasn’t forced out. He was suspended for a year, had a childish tantrum, and decided to sell all on his own. He was cleared to come back next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Server wasn’t forced out. He was suspended for a year, had a childish tantrum, and decided to sell all on his own. He was cleared to come back next year.
    Sir. He was forced out blatantly and deservedly, both publicly and behind closed doors.
    Last edited by KingKev; 10-03-2022 at 09:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarver was made aware that he was an obstacle for business, as staying with the Suns would jeopardize sponsors:
    https://es-us.finanzas.yahoo.com/new...163108470.html
    That plus other rumored... he tried to push it, but better to cash in now and see it all go away, than being stubborn failing to acknowledge that the situation had gone past the point of no return.

Thread Information