Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was somewhere on my list due to the reviews but leemajors reminded me of it. Eight 30 minute episodes. It flies by. You’ll know if you like it within 10 minutes of the first episode. I thought it was 10/10. Never got slow for me. Other than Oliver Platt, I didn’t know any of the cast but there’s not a weak link in the bunch. Big time chef comes to try to resurrect his dead brother’s low end Chicago restaurant. Reminds me of Ted Lasso to some degree. Fish out of water trying to make a business work. But moreso that there’s really not a hatable character. You’re kind of pulling for all of them. But way less cheesy than Lasso. Easily one of the best things I’ve watched in a while.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Correction…it’s actually an FX show. They’ve become the master of the half hour show. Atlanta, Mr. Inbetween, What We Do in the Shadows, and now, The Bear.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yes, show is pretty good. Det final scene is great as mono said

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Gonna start watching this one soon. Glad others enjoyed it. Finishing up Atalanta S3 before hopping over to this

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gonna start watching this one soon. Glad others enjoyed it. Finishing up Atalanta S3 before hopping over to this
    TBH, it'll be an easy decision. If you don't like the first episode, you can bail.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Correction…it’s actually an FX show. They’ve become the master of the half hour show. Atlanta, Mr. Inbetween, What We Do in the Shadows, and now, The Bear.
    Just finished first season of Atlanta - enthusiastic

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Just finished first season of Atlanta - enthusiastic
    Your in for a treat. Atlanta is fantastic.

Finished season 1 of the bear awhile ago and really enjoyed it. Similar to Boiling point, but more exciting and better acting imo. Excited for season 2

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Your in for a treat. Atlanta is fantastic.

Finished season 1 of the bear awhile ago and really enjoyed it. Similar to Boiling point, but more exciting and better acting imo. Excited for season 2
    It definitely took me back to the stress of working in a high volume kitchen/bar under a sustained rush. Main reason I liked it as much as I did. White was amazing, easily best show he has been in

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10864301[/URL]]Just finished first season of Atlanta - enthusiastic
    Dang. Kind of surprised you hadn’t checked it out yet. It’s so great. I was hooked from the first episode with Ern in the holding pen of the jail.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Honestly, was a little bored with it. Most of the chef movies or shows I've seen I like but I felt like all I was doing was watching them work every day in this show. No real storyline to get into. I mean, we never saw any of the customers eat the new menu items. The closest we saw was people standing in line for the sandwiches and the kids passed out on the lawn after the juice.
    I thought maybe there would be something with the $300 k, or the electrical company shown written in the books but they blew those off. Even the health dept was pretty anticlimactic since they let them stay open and none of the customers cared.

Characters and actors are great tho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This Christmas ep is great, but damn that family is brutal

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You watch any of s2 yet monosylab1k?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Incredible episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    im 3 episodes into this show. its fun

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I watched the whole first season again. Better the second time around.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Just go ahead and give Jamie Lee Curtis her Emmy.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    I actually hated that episode way too stress inducing, and the cameos were distracting. And it was the freakin Overacting Olympics, everybody dialed up to 11. The only episode that isn’t an A+ from me. But aside from that it’s easily the best series on TV. The Marcus character arc is incredible.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Also I have the same feeling after S2 than I had after S1 - another season is completely unnecessary and I hope they don’t make one. But of course I’ll also love the next season when it arrives.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Also I have the same feeling after S2 than I had after S1 - another season is completely unnecessary and I hope they don’t make one. But of course I’ll also love the next season when it arrives.
    Agree. Show is awesome.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I actually hated that episode way too stress inducing, and the cameos were distracting. And it was the freakin Overacting Olympics, everybody dialed up to 11. The only episode that isn’t an A+ from me. But aside from that it’s easily the best series on TV. The Marcus character arc is incredible.
    just finished season 2. really a phenomenal show and hoping we get a season 3

as for marcus... mixed feelings. i like his story generally. him becoming a gourmet pastry chef after training in copenhegan for a bit seems like something of a stretch (less of a stretch than richie tho, who basically undergoes his entire character arc following a 2 minute conversation with asian restaurant guy ), but its clear he was always inquisitive and experimenting. and i love that one of his dessert specials at the end was a donut. he clearly had a passion for the stuff well before he was sent off to train, so i dont mind that stuff so much.

i dont buy that he could lack such situational awareness that he could walk up to carmy with a tray of donuts during the hectic episode with the pre-orders

finally, never understood the point of the scene where he saves the biker guy from under the fence

Thread Information