Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drink a lot of wine, hob nob with others at the game.

Everything else is irrelevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give the ball endlessly to someone you really dont want to pad their stats and trade for multiple first round picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drink a lot of wine, hob nob with others at the game.

Everything else is irrelevant.
    While making 12mm.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins camped inside on offense and was the interior defender when Jock was on the floor.
    Due to incorrect listings on websites (there's many in the NBA) and a few random late season stretches, where a team perilously shallow/undersized and the four and in terms of three-point shooting (with their best shooter injured), occasionally played him alongside another five, some have inexplicably decided this means he's anything but exclusively a five.

Same thing people said when Murray was on the team. And they said that not even too long ago.. just a year ago. Yet those same people (maybe not all) envision him making the All Star again in the future.

maybe folks just need to admit they don’t have the best gauge for talent. And that’s not directed at just you, but everyone including myself. And sometimes they do have a good eye, but that’s not all it takes— unpredictable things happen and nobody has a crystal ball in front of them even though people like to pretend they do.
    Fine, but we're talking odds here and in Murray's case specifically, the stars had to align for him to make it and the odds are against him making it again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The plan is for this to be year 1 of the next 20 years of use being the sacramento spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I want is that every draft we get a better player for the next two to three years after that who knows what can happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl will likely be traded before the season starts. JRich will be gone at some point, depending on the market.

Pop will never sit healthy guys like Portland did last year down the stretch, so if that’s what you consider tanking, we aren’t.
    Agree. Spurs will play hard every night. But with youth and not enough experience, will lose a lot of games, especially if Poeltl is moved before the start of the season. And there you go. Spurs will get a fair shot at top 3 next draft, plus FRP from CHA top 16 protected, and hopefully another 2 PRP’s from Poeltl and JRich trade. Will win more next year but not enough and could get another top 5 pick draft. And if PATFO sees a great improvement on the core by 2023, might pursue aggressively a top FA or a trade for one. They should’ve done it immediately after nephew jumped-ship and not bothered trying to work a flawed roster with Demar/Aldridge and would’ve been in our 4th year and should starting to see fruits this season. But one good lucky ball and Spurs could get VW and help Spurs back to the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Spurs will play hard every night. But with youth and not enough experience, will lose a lot of games, especially if Poeltl is moved before the start of the season. And there you go. Spurs will get a fair shot at top 3 next draft, plus FRP from CHA top 16 protected, and hopefully another 2 PRP’s from Poeltl and JRich trade. Will win more next year but not enough and could get another top 5 pick draft. And if PATFO sees a great improvement on the core by 2023, might pursue aggressively a top FA or a trade for one. They should’ve done it immediately after nephew jumped-ship and not bothered trying to work a flawed roster with Demar/Aldridge and would’ve been in our 4th year and should starting to see fruits this season. But one good lucky ball and Spurs could get VW and help Spurs back to the top.
    One thing about last season was that the Spurs set the mark for worst win % by a team with a positive net rating. BBREF had our expected record as 41-41. With the new rule of one FT and the ball for disrupting a FB, anyone who bet the under on that ridiculous 23.5 line threw their money away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine, but we're talking odds here and in Murray's case specifically, the stars had to align for him to make it and the odds are against him making it again.[/QUOTE]

Murray was the benficiary of a team with few shooters able to create their own shot and a coaching staff that put the ball in his hands to create offense. He was able to call his own number for scoring as a first option and had a really good partner in the PNR with Poertle. That gave him a leg up on double doubles in shooting ppg and assists. His rebounding was good because he has that skillset with long arms that get him the ball on rebounds and steals. He is a very good player under those cir stances as shown by his unusual triple double numbers that rightly caught the attention of lots of folks--albeit not enough to become an All-star without another player dropping out.

I wish him well at his new team and he will be a good addition there, but maybe not with an All-star stat line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The plan is yama time baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #TankForWembanyama

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing about last season was that the Spurs set the mark for worst win % by a team with a positive net rating. BBREF had our expected record as 41-41. With the new rule of one FT and the ball for disrupting a FB, anyone who bet the under on that ridiculous 23.5 line threw their money away.
    Working example?
    Spurs overall record as relates to this rule and pos net rating?

Thread Information