Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Nigeria
    Post Count
    Arrerrrsenal FC, we're by far, The greatest team, the worrrrrld has ever seeen

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    resistanze

difjfurufiwwlldkfieodkiakdjw
    Spurs were light work today tbh. I'd be mad if we lost to Conte Spurs, he's gutted the attacking edge of the team. Manure next week will be a better gauge if ArsenLOL is serious this season.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    I'm waiting for the bottom to fall out but Citeh keeps losing

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I'm waiting for the bottom to fall out but Citeh keeps losing
    Citeh was robbed in Old Trafford tbh

Arsenal has 2 PL games with Citeh this season rho,1st leg was postponed :popcorn
    Last edited by lefty; 01-16-2023 at 08:49 AM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    resistanze NASpurs

Arsenal just signed Trossard, good forward who can play multiple positions

Stacked

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    hahdhduxocsleoodfifodoidofifjfjcdjdb

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    hahdhduxocsleoodfifodoidofifjfjcdjdb
    watching this team has been an unexpected joy. youngest team in the league too.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    watching this team has been an unexpected joy. youngest team in the league too.
    I like the project tbh

First of all , give credit to the board for not firing Arteta after so-s results last year; takes time and most EPL teams fire managers like it 's a bodily function

Mikel has a done a good job getting rid of extra weight and believing in youth.

Also, naming Odegard cpatain was a smart move imo

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    resistanze NASpurs

Arsenal just signed Trossard, good forward who can play multiple positions

Stacked
    Sucks for Brighton.
    There is now some stuff saying Troussard did not like the new manager.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Sucks for Brighton.
    There is now some stuff saying Troussard did not like the new manager.
    Wouldn't surprise me, Brighton is losing other players during this winter mercto

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I like the project tbh

First of all , give credit to the board for not firing Arteta after so-s results last year; takes time and most EPL teams fire managers like it 's a bodily function

Mikel has a done a good job getting rid of extra weight and believing in youth.

Also, naming Odegard cpatain was a smart move imo
    another PSG up tbh... PSG has the competence to recruit good to great coaches but does not have the patience... a pity tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Jorginho has completed medical tests and he’s set to sign the contract as new Arsenal player until June 2024 with an option until 2025 🚨⚪️🔴

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Arsenal is filling up with the right type of players imo.
    Meanwhile players leaving MC.

Lefty

Here is where your man played correctly and finds himself in Pep's favor.
    He was patient and took orders. And has some of the best fundamental skills in the sport, that helps. For a guy who is not a super athlete.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Arsenal is filling up with the right type of players imo.
    Meanwhile players leaving MC.

Lefty

Here is where your man played correctly and finds himself in Pep's favor.
    He was patient and took orders. And has some of the best fundamental skills in the sport, that helps. For a guy who is not a super athlete.
    Good points

Mahrez is a resilient player, sure he can be frustrated when riding the bench or being subs uted early but he he reacts well and is certainly not afraid of any challenge and responds well
    Pep also likes him because he is not afraid of taking big shots, even if he misses, Pep still appreciates initiative

He had a rough start, it ws probably due to that last minute elimination from the WC, now that the WC is over he has been playing well

And yes , obeying Pep and shutting up is important lol
    Pep can't handle strong personalities IMO

As for Arsenal, Jorginho is a smart hire, seasoned veteran who won almost every major compe ion bar the WC, important in a young team that is on the verge of winning a PL le and will have 2 huge games vs City, and attributes that fit this Arsenal team

Seems to be a good locker room guy as well

Trossard can play multiple forward positions, and with the absence of Jesus his versatility will be needed down the stretch
    Last edited by lefty; 01-31-2023 at 04:29 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Don't lose hope, Gooners!

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    That choking ass be getting tight, tbh.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Don't lose hope, Gooners!
    They are alive. Very solid for a young team.
    Just got to stay consistent with the effort and get better with a plan ((Artetta)) I’m looking at you.
    Your players need to know they can hoof it downfield if a press comes hard and one of your players is not available for a pass.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Another big W on the road

There is absolutely no way they don’t clinch the le

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Ooooof

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Lefty
    Lefty
    Lefty!

Pep

Master Class

Haaland could have easily 4 goals.
    Pep absolutely annihilated the Arsenal press.
    He turned it into a standing press. Arsenal had zero ways to get the ball effectively.
    The score does not reflect the complete dominance of both players and coaching strategy.

That was not a 4-1 game, it was 7-0.
    DISMANTLED by a strategy. Bow to Pep. He’s got Haaland utilized properly in less than a year with much more that can be added.
    You really must bow to Pep immediately. He is the best.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lefty
    Lefty
    Lefty!

Pep

Master Class

Haaland could have easily 4 goals.
    Pep absolutely annihilated the Arsenal press.
    He turned it into a standing press. Arsenal had zero ways to get the ball effectively.
    The score does not reflect the complete dominance of both players and coaching strategy.

That was not a 4-1 game, it was 7-0.
    DISMANTLED by a strategy. Bow to Pep. He’s got Haaland utilized properly in less than a year with much more that can be added.
    You really must bow to Pep immediately. He is the best.
    Not really a masterclass; he just didn't up this time and kept it simple instead of overyhinking

And Arteta went full re , using the same strategy all season, you don't high press an in form City team, he should have used a low block and he has the players to cointer attack

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Not really a masterclass; he just didn't up this time and kept it simple instead of overyhinking

And Arteta went full re , using the same strategy all season, you don't high press an in form City team, he should have used a low block and he has the players to cointer attack
    disagree...

Arsenal changed the type of pressing they did and the counter was devastating. In a game as big as this one master class.
    No one touches Pep now. He will go down not only as a master strategist, but a guy who can make players better. He positioned players and turned the press to a stationary mess.

I dont really like him or his personality. But... Its obvious. It does not really change with day to day performances, it comes over time.
    This one game is yet another example. I will agree sometimes he tries to win games his way, but when his way works it is so damn obvious.
    And his willingness to sit very good players or flat out get rid of them because he sees the game differently is also significant. But dont take it from me. I also see why people thought Messy and Penaldo as great players. Bad habit more people should have imo. Actually liking the game over players and managers.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    disagree...

Arsenal changed the type of pressing they did and the counter was devastating. In a game as big as this one master class.
    No one touches Pep now. He will go down not only as a master strategist, but a guy who can make players better. He positioned players and turned the press to a stationary mess.

I dont really like him or his personality. But... Its obvious. It does not really change with day to day performances, it comes over time.
    This one game is yet another example. I will agree sometimes he tries to win games his way, but when his way works it is so damn obvious.
    And his willingness to sit very good players or flat out get rid of them because he sees the game differently is also significant. But dont take it from me. I also see why people thought Messy and Penaldo as great players. Bad habit more people should have imo. Actually liking the game over players and managers.
    The pressing was poory executed though

Not hating Pep, he is a great manager, but he has been very selective in the clubs he has picked
    I would like to see him coach less stacked teams one day but that's not gonna happen

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    The pressing was poory executed though

Not hating Pep, he is a great manager, but he has been very selective in the clubs he has picked
    I would like to see him coach less stacked teams one day but that's not gonna happen
    Because they set up in a way that left giant holes and eventually it came to them standing and waiting.
    That was Pep using positional press breaking AND superior on the ball ability.
    And he peppered it with long balls to Haaland to keep them off balance. It was absolutely beautiful. All Rob Holding could do against Haaland was... well... hold.
    Pep mixed it up magnificently.

Did you watch the game?

The two ex Arsenal color guys were awful. They were so frustrated yet had to give it up to superiority.
    Arsenal is still a very good team imo. Their goal keeper was man of the match for them. Wait till the summer. Arsenal will get good players because of their exciting style and potential.
    They got it going. Next year will be interesting.

Thread Information