Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The determining factor in whether the spurs have a long-term future in San Antonio is going to do be determined by whether they get a new arena in the next 5 to 7 years. If the answer is no they are definitely leaving SA. Multiple losing seasons and continued decline in fan support in my opinion will lead to SA saying no to the spurs on a new arena.

The city of San Antonio doesn’t even run the VIA Park and ride busses to and from Spurs games anymore due to a lack of fan usage.
    Agree. Chicken and egg argument though to some extent...a new stadium is almost a given if the Spurs are rocking a young and ostensibly really talented team with a potential generational talent like Wembanyama. If we don't get those kind of players we will be mired in mediocrity at best and people won't attend the games. Those two factors are very intricately intertwined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we get Victor next year, not tanking 3-4 years ago will prove brilliant tbh...
    CIA Pop with the Chef's kiss on the way out the door to humble us all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM ballin in ATL. That team is fun to watch, as is Orlando who they played last night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs made the choice in 2018 to try to stay compe ive rather than blowing it all up when they traded Leonard. It netted one low playoff berth and three years of play-in mediocrity with that “compe ive” core. So now they’re four years down the road with little to show for that choice, and just now starting the long road of rebuilding they eschewed back then.

Maybe they have “goals” of one sort or another, but the reality is that they are already in the longest playoff drought in franchise history, and obviously will shatter the franchise record for consecutive losing seasons before they are ever compe ive again. This is the worst position they ever have been in.

Is all that worth the 7th seed in 2019 and a few play-in losses?
    And if they keep going down this road, they won't survive in San Antonio.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The determining factor in whether the spurs have a long-term future in San Antonio is going to do be determined by whether they get a new arena in the next 5 to 7 years. If the answer is no they are definitely leaving SA. Multiple losing seasons and continued decline in fan support in my opinion will lead to SA saying no to the spurs on a new arena.

The city of San Antonio doesn’t even run the VIA Park and ride busses to and from Spurs games anymore due to a lack of fan usage.
    That's why the upcoming draft is so critical.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the are we doing? How do we beat Indiana? and 76ers? I go away for one weekend and the Spurs start winning games that they should easily be losing. I mean, Indiana is our tanking compe ion and 76ers, really? How do they lose to the Spurs?

Thread Information