Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOAT POP knew other NBA players went to clubs and party's and had sex with thousands of women in between games... lol people knew Vern was a trouble maker back in the day.. POP was not tolerating none of that bull ND kept him in check. It wasn't till Pop/Spurs re signed him in the end of his career where he earned Pops respect. Vernon maxwell was a deadly 3pointer threat and always remember him creating his own shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOAT POP knew other NBA players went to clubs and party's and had sex with thousands of women in between games... lol people knew Vern was a trouble maker back in the day.. POP was not tolerating none of that bull ND kept him in check. It wasn't till Pop/Spurs re signed him in the end of his career where he earned Pops respect. Vernon maxwell was a deadly 3pointer threat and always remember him creating his own shot.
    But Pop was fine with players screwing teammates' wives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His end of career stint would have been when Pop was GM, and would have the authority to put him under PI surveillance. Pop was a first year assistant for Max's first tour of duty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Pop was fine with players screwing teammates' wives
    Pop often gets criticized on this forum by a few folks because of his perceived "inaction" in the case of reported adultery within the ranks of the Spurs team. But the criticism never comes with a proposed action that would have been a solution acceptable to his critics. Frankly, if I had been the GM, the owner, or Pop at the time, I would have been in a quandry in looking for a solution at all--much less a perfect solution. After all, people are human and make mistakes. According to statistics about 67% of men 50 something percent of married women commit adultery during their marriage so it isn't something strange within the human condition. And when caught out, it is always embarassing for all parties.

What would the critics have done in this admittedly sticky situation?

In many or most businesses, there would have been an immediate firing because they have rules against even dating within the organization. But what if the employee has such special skills that he or she cannot be replaced without injuring the company, perhaps fatally?

Trading or firing one of the best guards in the NBA would probably have crippled the Spurs at the time and for the foreseeable future. I doubt many teams would have done a value for value trade since they would have smelled blood in the water with the Spurs trying to get rid of Tony. I'd probably have given the option to go or stay to the player with the least impact on the team and hoped for the best outcome for the individuals as they worked things out.

As far as the other players in the locker room were concerned, I suspect each of them got a private talk session to feel them out about their opinions and whether it would affect their play on the court. I doubt it was a serious problem, even for the more religious ones.

My

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was just texts we don't know if anything even happened

Thread Information