Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "....Alexis Underwood, president of the Association of Bay County Educators and a retired Marine, calls arming teachers "a horrible idea."

"One of the things that my drill instructor told me is that even individuals in the military, in a moment of crisis, when the gun fires for real, are going to forget what they've been taught to do and they're going to run or they're going to make stupid mistakes," Underwood told a local Florida TV station last week. The priority, Underwood added, should be funding highly trained school resource officers.

Most law enforcement experts agree that school staff should not carry guns because they lack the tactical knowledge of handling weapons that trained law enforcement personnel receive on a regular basis. Even if the funding for the weapons and training were to be available after massive cuts to education budgets, educators carrying concealed weapons pose too high a risk to school safety.

“You don’t want to have a gun that’s available to a student or another worker who may have mental health issues,” Maureen S. Rush, vice president for public safety and superintendent of the Police Department at the University of Pennsylvania, told the New York Times....."

https://www.nea.org/advocating-for-c...ers-not-answer

^ just a snippet but there's more to read. Don't know why I bothered feeding you info but you're welcome.
    Nice straw man. Discussion wasn't about all the teachers packing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It takes less than 2 seconds to get into my gun safe BTW.
    From anywhere in the house?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake never responds to what someone else posts. He has a narrative and only uses passive aggressiveness and misdirection via strawman or false dichotomy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole point of having the safe is the ability to be safely locked and loaded but I see your point. Scholl administrators could it up.
    Not worried about them ing it up. I'm more concerned that they pretend to be doing something meaningful to protect the school. It's like those ass hats who drive around with offroad vehicles and huge, expensive spare tires (2) and don't even have a tool box.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To refresh your memory the discussion was about having safely locked ARs available to trained staff in the event of a mass shooter situation where they at least have an opportunity to defend themselves and their students.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing I don't subscribe to is the "new" language like "cis". that nonsense and all the other nonsense so many people have adopted due to the influx of idiots promoting such bull everywhere you look these days. Take the language back bro and never capitulate in the least.

But yes I whole heartedly agree with your statement above.
    You dont think languages change?
    poppy !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To refresh your memory the discussion was about having safely locked ARs available to trained staff in the event of a mass shooter situation where they at least have an opportunity to defend themselves and their students.
    “I hate that we’ve come to a place in our nation where I’ve got to put a safe in our schools, and lock that safe up for my deputies to be able to acquire an AR-15. But, we can shut it off and say it won’t happen in Madison County, but we never know," Harwood said.

Seems to be for officers, not staff. Again, officers armed with ARs failed to respond effectively in Uvalde, it wasn't a lack of fire power. I get having a cache handy, but it's wrong to present that as a solution. I am not sure they are doing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I hate that we’ve come to a place in our nation where I’ve got to put a safe in our schools, and lock that safe up for my deputies to be able to acquire an AR-15. But, we can shut it off and say it won’t happen in Madison County, but we never know," Harwood said.

Seems to be for officers, not staff. Again, officers armed with ARs failed to respond effectively in Uvalde, it wasn't a lack of fire power. I get having a cache handy, but it's wrong to present that as a solution. I am not sure they are doing that.
    Yeah, I never saw it as a solution, just a way to possibly decrease response time to a sicko mass shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if they know the guns are in a safe at school with trained staff that knows how to use it would stop the shootings
    in Utah teachers carry guns and no mass shootings there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Blake doesn't want teachers and administrators to have the option of defending themselves with a gun ......
    Lol you claim I'm using a straw man and proceed to use a straw man. Nobody anywhere said "all the teachers".

You and DMC both can't keep up with the thread let alone with yourselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake never responds to what someone else posts. He has a narrative and only uses passive aggressiveness and misdirection via strawman or false dichotomy.
    That's rich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if they know the guns are in a safe at school with trained staff that knows how to use it would stop the shootings
    in Utah teachers carry guns and no mass shootings there
    Texas allows certain personnel other than security to carry.

Try again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah allows teachers not certain people like Texas
    No mass shootings

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing to see Trump logic fold back on itself when they demand those they call the groomers be armed with AR-15s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing to see Trump logic fold back on itself when they demand those they call the groomers be armed with AR-15s.
    Nobody is "demanding" they be armed. I could see it working as a choice.

Administrator: "Chumpsucker, if a mass shooter enters the school with an AR-15 with the intent of killing as many people as possible including you, would you like some modest training and the ability to access an AR-15 to defend yourself and your school?"

Chumpsucker : No, I am politically liberal and don't believe AR-15s should exist. I would prefer to cower in the corner waiting for him to shoot me while sending thoughts and prayers and pooping my tighty whiteys"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Administrator: "Chumpsucker, if a mass shooter enters the school with an AR-15 with the intent of killing as many people as possible including you, would you like some modest training and the ability to access an AR-15 to defend yourself and your school?"

Chumpsucker : No, I am politically liberal and don't believe AR-15s should exist. I would prefer to cower in the corner waiting for him to shoot me while sending thoughts and prayers and pooping my tighty whiteys"
    Thoughts and prayers is your guys frontline solution to this tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids should turn away from rock/roll music and pray harder. That is only thing that will save America’s kids.

Also, who cares if kids get shot in school, it is all about saving their eternal souls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They arent "my guys".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah allows teachers not certain people like Texas
    No mass shootings
    How Texas Trains Teachers to Carry Guns
    By Emily Donaldson, The Dallas Morning News — July 14, 2022 7 min read

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/ho...y-guns/2022/07

1 minute Google. Why are you guys so ing lazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They arent "my guys".
    That's who you vote for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol straw man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They arent "my guys".
    lol you really don't want to take any responsibility for anything, do you?

That's your guys' brand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information