Page 106 of 120 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2992
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now they're just playing with house money...

The appeals court already stated the district court erred and had no jurisdiction. That would basically means getting rid of Cannon and the special master.

Feds seek to fast-track appeal in Trump Mar-a-Lago do ents fight

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...fight-00059879

Filing here:
    https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...7-b7be49d40000
    seems there can be occasional drawbacks to appointing inexperienced simps as judges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump reportedly asked his lawyer to lie to NARA, he refused.. Hope he has good bodyguards.

Last edited by Winehole23; 10-05-2022 at 11:18 PM. Reason: he refused

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thumb on the scales

On September 5, Judge Aileen Cannon ruled that depriving Donald Trump of personal items cons uted “real harm.”
    being deprived of potentially significant personal do ents [] creates a real harm

Yesterday, the newly unsealed filter team status report revealed that, for two weeks, Judge Cannon deliberately inflicted that harm on Trump.

That’s because on August 30, DOJ’s filter team told her that they wanted to return the original copies of do ents designated as Category B — 43 sets of do ents amounting to 382 pages of do ents — to Trump.

[T]he PrivilegeReview Team proposes to return the originals and provide a Bates-stamped control copy to the Plaintiff. Many of these materials do not appear to be privileged (although one appears to be.11), but they are all either legal in nature (e.g.,settlement, non-disclosure, and retainer agreements) or otherwise potentially sensitive, and they do not appear to be themselves government or Presidential Records or classified do ents.

These do ents were lawfully seized: many were likely in the desk drawer in which Trump also had a do ent marked Confidential and another do ent marked Secret. The others would have been seized from the storage closet where Trump was hiding 79 do ents with classification markings. But on August 30, DOJ proposed to Aileen Cannon that they give them back.

Then, the next day, on September 1, filter attorney Benjamin Hawk asked for permission to pursue “the proposal that we offered,” which, in addition to providing Trump with Bates-stamped copies of all the do ents treated as potentially privileged, would also include (per the status report that had been discussed at length in the hearing) giving him the originals back.

MR. HAWK: Your Honor, if I may.
    THE COURT: Yes.
    MR. HAWK: We would like to seek permission to provide copies — the proposal that we offered, Your Honor, provide copies to counsel of the 64 sets of the materials that are Bates stamped so they have the opportunity to start reviewing. THE COURT: I’m sorry, say that again, please.
    MR. HAWK: The privilege review team would have provided Bates stamped copies of the 64 sets of do ents to Plaintiff’s counsel. We would like to seek permission from Your Honor to be able to provide those now, not at this exact moment but to move forward to providing those so counsel has the opportunity to review them and understand and have the time to review and do their own analysis of those do ents to come to their own conclusions. And if the filter process without a special master were allowed to proceed, we would engage with counsel and have conversations, determine if we can reach agreements; to the extent we couldn’t reach agreements, we would bring those before the Court, whether Your Honor or Judge Reinhart. But simply now, I’m seeking permission just to provide those do ents to Plaintiff’s counsel.
    THE COURT: All right. I’m going to reserve ruling on that request. I prefer to consider it holistically in the assessment of whether a special master is indeed appropriate for those privileged reviews. I think Mr. Bratt is hoping to get a few more minutes in.

In response to a request to (among other things) give the originals of Trump’s personal do ents back, Cannon declined to approve the request. Had she approved it, 382 pages of personal do ents would have been back in Trump’s custody right away. He would no longer have been deprived of those potentially significant personal do ents. The harm that Cannon said was caused by his deprivation of those do ents would be ended.

And that is precisely the harm she cited when she first ruled that a Special Master had to review the do ents that she had prevented DOJ from returning to Trump. Indeed, she claimed there was a dispute about the very personal property that DOJ had tried to give back five days earlier.

Although some of the seized items (e.g., articles of clothing) appear to be readily identifiable as personal property, the parties’ submissions suggest the existence of genuine disputes as to (1) whether certain seized do ents cons ute personal or presidential records, and (2) whether certain seized personal effects have evidentiary value. Because those disputes are bound up with Plaintiff’s Rule 41(g) request and involve issues of fact, the Court “must receive evidence” from the parties thereon. See Fed. R. Crim. P. 41(g) (“The court must receive evidence on any factual issue necessary to decide the motion.”). That step calls for comprehensive review of the seized property.

Review is further warranted, as previewed, for determinations of privilege. The Government forcefully objects, even with respect to attorney-client privilege, pointing out that the Privilege Review Team already has screened the seized property and is prepared to turn over approximately 520 pages of potentially privileged material for court review pursuant to the previously approved ex parte filter protocol [ECF No. 48 p. 14]. In plain terms, the Government’s position is that another round of screening would be “unnecessary” [ECF No. 48 p. 22]. The Court takes a different view on this record.

By that point, she had personally been responsible for depriving Trump of 382 pages of do ents for five days.
    She would cite back to this passage, claiming a dispute including over do ents DOJ had tried to give back, when she refused to stay her injunction on investigating the classified do ents.

To further expand the point, and as more fully explained in the September 5 Order, the Government seized a high volume of materials from Plaintiff’s residence on August 8, 2022 [ECF No. 64 p. 4]; some of those materials undisputedly cons ute personal property and/or privileged materials [ECF No. 64 p. 13]; the record suggests ongoing factual and legal disputes as to precisely which materials cons ute personal property and/or privileged materials [ECF No. 64 p. 14]; and there are do ented instances giving rise to concerns about the Government’s ability to properly categorize and screen materials [ECF No. 64 p. 15]. Furthermore, although the Government emphasizes what it perceives to be Plaintiff’s insufficiently particularized showing on various do ent-specific assertions [ECF No. 69 p. 11; ECF No. 88 pp. 3–7], it remains the case that Plaintiff has not had a meaningful ability to concretize his position with respect to the seized materials given (1) the ex parte nature of the approved filter protocol, (2) the relatively generalized nature of the Government’s “Detailed Property Inventory” [ECF No. 39-1], and (3) Plaintiff’s unsuccessful efforts, pre-suit, to gather more information from the Government about the content of the seized materials [ECF No. 1 pp. 3, 8–9 (describing Plaintiff’s rejected requests to obtain a list of exactly what was taken and from where, to inspect the seized property, and to obtain information regarding potentially privileged do ents)].

The only dispute here was between Cannon and the government! They had already asked to give Trump’s personal do ents back, and she refused to grant permission to do that.

And Cannon pointed to those personal items — items the government had already tried to give back — when she refused to lift her injunction on investigating classified do ents.
    https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/10/0...e-to-help-him/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thief demands that stuff he stole not be given back to its rightful owner.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Best part of all of this is you just know Trump is definitely wetting himself behind closed doors Melania gonna need to get a few extra packs of diapers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best part of all of this is you just know Trump is definitely wetting himself behind closed doors Melania gonna need to get a few extra packs of diapers
    Walls are closing in for sure.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did his election fraud cases go with the Supreme Court?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks happy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thief demands that stuff he stole not be given back to its rightful owner.

That was quick. This is probably why his lawyer asked to be paid $3 million upfront.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    sorry this is happening to you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt right? These dumb s here have been rubbing their hands for years and proclaiming that Trump is on the ropes time and time again. They are some of the dumbest s around while hurling insults at those like us who just laugh at their ludicrous conspiracies and asinine assumptions.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump s are staying away from the particulars of this case like the plague. Would rather talk about Hillary 2024.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt right? These dumb s here have been rubbing their hands for years and proclaiming that Trump is on the ropes time and time again. They are some of the dumbest s around while hurling insults at those like us who just laugh at their ludicrous conspiracies and asinine assumptions.
    He was impeached and likely would have been convicted if the Senate had a different makeup.
    Dont try to make this thing out like Trump escaped some legal proceedings.

3500 lawsuits BEFORE he was president…
    Just another innocent guy on the streets treated unfairly…. Sure thing.
    So Trump should run again? If not, who do you want for your rotten red team?

Since, “They are Leftists!”, trying to take a good man down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump s are staying away from the particulars of this case like the plague. Would rather talk about Hillary 2024.
    The particulars have all been redacted by the Gestapo

lol #StillWithHer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was impeached and likely would have been convicted if the Senate had a different makeup.

Trump was fully exonerated, yet you keep spinning your wheels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump was fully exonerated, yet you keep spinning your wheels.
    Buy a vote of party driven Senators.

Im not impressed.
    Maybe you are.
    Chrissy Christian.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The particulars have all been redacted by the Gestapo

lol #StillWithHer
    lol no they haven't

You're posting about her nonstop, not us.

Qhris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who said he was "innocent" in those previous cases? You know people sue others for all types of bs anyhow so why pretend otherwise? It's like some here claiming the dude is a complete moron for filing for bankruptcy on a few of his businesses when that is in fact a business strategy for some; just like my land lord having empty properties he can write off as a loss.

And yes, you leftists ing suck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy a vote of party driven Senators.

Im not impressed.
    Maybe you are.
    Chrissy Christian.
    1st impeachment was bs just like the 2nd. You're more concerned with a call to a ty comedian cokehead in Ukraine than the corpse in the WH rn presenting a QPQ on live tv.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks some women relax and get horny when under the influence of a mild dose of marijuana.

Beware!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said he was "innocent" in those previous cases? You know people sue others for all types of bs anyhow so why pretend otherwise? It's like some here claiming the dude is a complete moron for filing for bankruptcy on a few of his businesses when that is in fact a business strategy for some; just like my land lord having empty properties he can write off as a loss.

And yes, you leftists ing suck!
    3500 times.
    Sure, thats a good way to do business.
    You think this was all Trump GETTING sued? Think again.

Trump cannot even get a loan in the US from any major bank.
    Why do you think this is? Would you loan him money? Do it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st impeachment was bs just like the 2nd. You're more concerned with a call to a ty comedian cokehead in Ukraine than the corpse in the WH rn presenting a QPQ on live tv.
    Yeah asking a foreign government to use their intelligence to get dirt on Biden was proper?
    You think presidential candidates should ask foreign intelligence services to spy on each other? Seriously?
    Just because you dont have a clue what the impeachment was about does make the outcome correct because of PARTY LINES VOTES

If it was your far right reactionary candidates you might have read a little closer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3500 times.
    Sure, thats a good way to do business.
    You think this was all Trump GETTING sued? Think again.

Trump cannot even get a loan in the US from any major bank.
    Why do you think this is? Would you loan him money? Do it...
    IDC if he can't get a loan from any US bank because it means nothing to me.

You're just sour, salty, and have a huge case of Trump Derangement Syndrome bro.

Yeah asking a foreign government to use their intelligence to get dirt on Biden was proper?
    You think presidential candidates should ask foreign intelligence services to spy on each other? Seriously?
    Just because you dont have a clue what the impeachment was about does make the outcome correct because of PARTY LINES VOTES

If it was your far right reactionary candidates you might have read a little closer.
    Show me the transcript.

And there's no need to ask anyone to spy on anyone when Biden's QPQ is on film for all to see.

Btw who are these fic ious far right reactionary candidates that I back? Jump to conclusions much you re ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're just sour, salty, and have a huge case of Trump Derangement Syndrome bro.

Show me the transcript.

And there's no need to ask anyone to spy on anyone when Biden's QPQ is on film for all to see.

Btw who are these fic ious far right reactionary candidates that I back? Jump to conclusions much you re ?
    You think Biden is a leftist! And you ask me to find your candidate when you wont dare mention anyone you like but complain about the blue team because they are LEFTISTS? That bonzo stupid. Biden a leftists...

so who do you back? All you do is complain about fic ious commies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Show me the transcript.

Not being able to get a loan means NOTHING to you?
    You have a problem rich guy.

Thread Information