“my old gangster buddy” meaning his meth dealer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “my old gangster buddy” meaning his meth dealer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tats telling his meth head "gangster" friend about some guy threatening him on ST definitely did not happen.

But if it did, it's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever read on this forum, and that's saying a lot.

Calf-tats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sen. Grassley: FBI Whistleblowers Allege 'Political Bias

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP leading in Ohio midterm races, Ohioans more likely to vote for Trump in 2024 after FBI raid in new poll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP leading in Ohio midterm races, Ohioans more likely to vote for Trump in 2024 after FBI raid in new poll
    Joehio*

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Interesting take on timing of Trump's Rico suits vs Comey/McCabe/Strzok/Page/Clinesmith and Clinton and the raid on MAL.

================================

The RICO suit

The disposition of classified material isn’t really what this is all about anyway.

This section, we really will keep brief. I want to address just three points. One of them is pretty big, but has gotten little if any attention. It’s at the end,

The first and easiest is that Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart – of Jeffrey Epstein defense fame – signed off on the Mar-a-Lago warrant for the U.S. District of Southern Florida a mere 44 days after recusing himself from the Trump RICO case against Hillary Clinton et al.
    Judge Bruce Reinhart appears on Newsmax TV in 2015. Via YouTube

The list of recusals on the Trump RICO suit is impressive. The first magistrate judge to be assigned recused the day after the case was filed in March 2022. Reinhart himself was put on the case as magistrate judge in April because his predecessor recused. Since Reinhart, three more magistrate judges have recused (here, here, and here). The current magistrate judge, Patrick M. Hunt, has hung in there for about five weeks now.

But the RICO suit has a very interesting factor of its own to enliven this recusal history. The day before Reinhart recused (that is, 21 June 2022), Trump’s counsel filed an amended complaint. The original complaint was entered in March 2022; the amended complaint is a humdinger, more than doubling the number of facts asserted in evidence.

I haven’t had time to go through all the added facts (many of which, like the originals, come from John Durham’s court filings). The amended complaint also added some defendants. It was after this filing that the exit parade of magistrate judges began.

That brings us to the second point. Also ensuing on the filing of the amended Trump complaint was a request from the U.S. Department of Justice (“United States”) to subs ute itself as defendant for five of the original defendants: Comey, McCabe, Strzok, (Lisa) Page, and Clinesmith. The request was filed 14 July 2022.

Said U.S. Attorney Juan Antonio Gonzalez: “Because plaintiff’s tort claims [against the five defendants] are based upon conduct within the scope of these former FBI employees’ employment with the government, the United States is the sole and exclusive defendant for those claims. … The Court should subs ute the United States as defendant for James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and Kevin Clinesmith.”

Then, inevitably: “Upon subs ution, the Court should dismiss the United States [as a defendant] for lack of subject matter jurisdiction.”
    U.S. Justice Department. Wikimedia Commons

This was a big move by DOJ to get the Crossfire Hurricane/FISA-faking team out of the line of fire in Trump’s RICO suit. Those who aren’t following the RICO suit closely probably haven’t even heard about it. It’s interesting that DOJ asserts Kevin Clinesmith’s alleged behavior – falsifying claims for the FISA authorization on Carter Page – was conduct within the scope of his employment; but let that pass for the moment.

Here’s the really interesting thing, at point three. The trial judge, Donald Middlebrooks, granted the motion to subs ute on 21 July 2022. He dismissed the FISA Five from the list of defendants and subs uted the United States. But he acknowledged Trump’s right to come back with counterargument on that, and he deferred ruling on the DOJ motion for outright dismissal, after the United States was subs uted.

And that’s when DOJ, which had known about the material at Mar-a-Lago for months (since at least February 2022, if not before), and had sent the FBI to look through it on 3 June 2022, actually pounced.

On 4 August, Trump filed in opposition to the judge’s 21 July decision to subs ute United States and dismiss the complaint against the FISA Five. The opposition motion opened with this uncompromising Argument heading: “DEFENDANTS ARE NOT EN LED TO WESTFALL CERTIFICATION AS THEY ACTED OUTSIDE OF THE SCOPE OF THEIR EMPLOYMENT IN MALICIOUSLY PROSECUTING PLAINTIFF.”

The same day, Trump filed opposing Hillary Clinton’s earlier motion to dismiss the RICO complaint (the Clinton motion having been made on the basis that Trump had failed to state a claim). His counsel also answered in opposition to motions to dismiss from four other defendants.

The warrant for the Mar-a-Lago raid was requested and issued the next day, 5 August 2022.

The DOJ’s subs ution move in July frankly shapes up as a tactic to put the United States into the RICO lawsuit as a defendant, where it wasn’t one before. Then it’s followed by a fishing-expedition raid on Mar-a-Lago on a remarkably thin pretext, accompanied by a barrage of wild media speculation about nuclear secrets, espionage, Saudi Arabia, and my personal favorite (so far): a theory that Trump’s possession of a file on Emmanuel Macron is connected to a scheme to give the Russians kompromat on the French president.

This is maneuver warfare going on, not the stately-paced pageant of law enforcement and jurisprudence.

It’s doubtful the purpose of leveraging the United States into the lawsuit was solely to get the suit dismissed. If that doesn’t work, there are still things the United States can do that no other defendant can, to make Trump’s life as the plaintiff difficult.

If nothing else, the raid on Mar-a-Lago will probably succeed in getting material Trump may have hoped to bring in evidence to the RICO suit stamped all over with “pending federal case.”

If you think about it, DOJ already knew what Trump had on the DOJ/FBI RICO defendants sourced from classified federal records. Trump had the information DOJ – and ODNI – already knew how to collect and assemble. Perhaps he had more than was contained in the package of declassified materials he sent to DOJ in January 2021 for publication; perhaps he had only that. If the Justice Department sought to verify such su ions either way, it was during the FBI inspection at Mar-a-Lago in June 2022 that that was probably done.

But now, even if Trump had copies held separately and could still deploy the declassified materials to build a case for his RICO suit at trial, DOJ has its hooks in the information, and a damaging counter-narrative in the media already underway.

https://theoptimisticconservative.wo...mps-rico-suit/
    FBI Sought Do ents Trump Hoarded for Years, Including about Russiagate

https://www.newsweek.com/fbi-sought-...iagate-1734280

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA

I'm sure the Silsby and Seth Rich do ents were in there too.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Natasha Bertrand was one of the most vocal pushers of the Russiagate hoax…have you learned nothing from being so wrong about that entire thing?

Speaking of Russiagate why did you stop posting in the political forum after the Mueller report came out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump authorizes 'total' declassification of ALL do ents related to Hillary's email scandal and the 'Russia hoax' as he calls the FBI 's '

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...do ents.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Natasha Bertrand was one of the most vocal pushers of the Russiagate hoax…have you learned nothing from being so wrong about that entire thing?

Speaking of Russiagate why did you stop posting in the political forum after the Mueller report came out?
    As you learned nothing about Repug/right wing hate media LYING?

Mueller handed Pelosi 9 or 10 offenses by Trash of impeachable obstruction.

Mueller was not allowed by Repug DOJ to investigate Russian financing of Trash and Repugs

Read the Senate report on Russia ing with USA. It continues. No joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA trying to call a direct quote from court fake news.

rube

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ChrisFall is my account. I don’t even hide the fact from anyone that it’s mine. When I post on my phone, it’s Chris Fall. I just never changed my login from my phone. When I post from anywhere else, it’s JamStone.

I have zero interest in internet beef, or real life fighting. And I want zero to do with this lovers quarrel. So keep me and ChrisFall out of it.

But I will continue to comment on I find funny and stupid. And there’s plenty of stupid ing said in this thread, that’s for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA trying to call a direct quote from court fake news.

rube
    never thought I would say, Trump could go to the hoosegow for some of this .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ChrisFall is my account. I don’t even hide the fact from anyone that it’s mine. When I post on my phone, it’s Chris Fall. I just never changed my login from my phone. When I post from anywhere else, it’s JamStone.

I have zero interest in internet beef, or real life fighting. And I want zero to do with this lovers quarrel. So keep me and ChrisFall out of it.

But I will continue to comment on I find funny and stupid. And there’s plenty of stupid ing said in this thread, that’s for sure.
    Is Chris Fall in the room with us right now?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Why did you stop posting in the political forum after the Mueller report came out?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is amazing how many of Trump's associates have been found guilty and are serving time, going to serve time, and or disgraced.

All the best people.
    Its totally impossible a guy who hires all the best people could himself get into trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guy involved in +3500 lawsuits BEFORE he was president could never get into any sort of shenanigans.
    He is simply being targeted for political reasons.

Such bull ...

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    It is amazing how many of Trump's associates have been found guilty and are serving time, going to serve time, and or disgraced.

All the best people.
    Its totally impossible a guy who hires all the best people could himself get into trouble.
    Who is currently serving time or going to serve time? I'm sure your list will be amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA in permanent denial

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is currently serving time or going to serve time? I'm sure your list will be amazing.
    Roger Stone
    Paul Manafort
    Michael Cohen
    Michael Flynn
    Rick Gates
    George Nader
    George the Greek Papa...

And the list continues to grow

Rudy, Fat Stevie Bannon.... keep going are next up.

+3500 lawsuits BEFORE he was president...

"oh its just a number"

Thread Information