My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rainwater everywhere on Earth unsafe to drink due to ‘forever chemicals’, study finds

https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/08/04/rainwater-everywhere-on-earth-unsafe-to-drink-due-to-forever-chemicals-study-finds

On top of that, standard at home water filters don't get rid of all the PFAS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have pretty extensive at home water filtration, in multiple stages. Really helps when I am drinking a soft drink.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have pretty extensive at home water filtration, in multiple stages. Really helps when I am drinking a soft drink.
    making your own?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. I think we're about to go with a reverse osmosis system. The problem is that most people in the world can't afford to do that, don't have access to it, or don't understand it. These costs need to be put squarely on the companies that generate the chemicals. If we even know who they all are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And presumably these things have made their way into plants and animals that we eat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's more my wife's domain, but we do that here. Lately she's been mad about sparkling tea, and I am too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And presumably these things have made their way into plants and animals that we eat.
    Ever heard of glyphosate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever heard of glyphosate?
    Your mom fed it to you as a kid huh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time to just live In a bubble with an air filter and just eat plant food and water .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time to just live In a bubble with an air filter and just eat plant food and water .
    Maybe WH23 has a spare room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe WH23 has a spare room.
    we do, but they're prepositioned for grandchildren, gross storage and amplified sound.

you got a refugee?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rainwater everywhere on Earth unsafe to drink due to ‘forever chemicals’, study finds

https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/...ls-study-finds

On top of that, standard at home water filters don't get rid of all the PFAS.
    3M is trying to settle, be held harmless and shirk cleanup costs.

Facing lawsuits over PFAS contamination, the industrial giant 3M, which has made PFAS for many uses for decades, announced a US$10.3 billion settlement with public water suppliers on June 22, 2023, to help pay for testing and treatment. The company admits no liability in the settlement, which requires court approval. Cleanup could cost many times that amount.
    https://theconversation.com/3m-offer...hemical-208362

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once these chemicals get into the groundwater, not much can be done. This is a map of contamination in St. Paul, MN.

There are currently about 3,000 product liability lawsuits over toxic PFAS effects pending nationwide, each involving similar allegations that the companies failed to warn about the long-term health risks from exposure to the chemicals.
    https://www.aboutlawsuits.com/3m-pfa...on-settlement/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the rush?

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has proposed establishing legally enforceable regulations for maximum levels of six PFAS chemicals in public drinking water systems. Two of these chemicals, PFOA and PFOS, would be recognized as individual hazardous chemicals, with regulatory actions enforced when levels of either exceed 4 parts per trillion, which is substantially lower than previous guidance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the wake of landmark settlements requiring chemical giants 3M and DuPont to pay billions to US water systems for alleged toxic chemical contamination, litigation over personal injuries from PFAS exposure is starting to move forward.

The first round of personal injury cases to go to trial will involve people who developed one of four diseases after drinking water contaminated with per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) from firefighting foam used at airports or military sites in Colorado and Pennsylvania, which seeped into nearby communities’ drinking water, according to lawyers for plaintiffs
    A separate round of litigation will focus on people exposed through occupational exposure to PFAS, a group that mostly includes firefighters who have been exposed to the chemicals through their firefighting gear and in aqueous film-forming foam (AFFF), which has been used for decades to help quench fires.
    https://www.thenewlede.org/2023/11/a...lawsuits-loom/

Thread Information