Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I go to McDonald's about three times a year. Two of those are usually during McRib season. I know it's all trash but I like the food.
    Anyway, went there last week because it was convenient and sounded good. One Quarter Pounder with Cheese, one Big Mac, two medium fries...$19.
    Yesterday, I went to a local burger place that has great burgers, fries, etc. One burger, one grilled chicken sandwich, two fries...$38.

It's insanity.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Triple bypass surgeries are even more expensive tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Triple bypass surgeries are even more expensive tbh
    I rarely eat bad. So I'm not worried about that. But I do love a good burger or steak. Or in the case of McDonald's, a piece of crap on a bun with the exactly right amount of ketchup, mus , onions, and pickles. There's just something about it. I was just shocked that prices are what they are. Almost $20 for two burgers and fries from McDonald's???? Almost $40 for a burger joint for two people with no drinks?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I rarely eat bad. So I'm not worried about that. But I do love a good burger or steak. Or in the case of McDonald's, a piece of crap on a bun with the exactly right amount of ketchup, mus , onions, and pickles. There's just something about it. I was just shocked that prices are what they are. Almost $20 for two burgers and fries from McDonald's???? Almost $40 for a burger joint for two people with no drinks?
    Yeah non fast food joint burgers are expensive as

There is that burger restaurant here where burgers are 30-40 bucks (canadian dollars though) but they have that special burger with ingredients that must come from another galaxy because it's 100 bucks

that

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah I go about that often too for food there. I may get iced coffee or something once or twice a week thru the app.

The prices there are stupid ridiculous, especially breakfast. I can eat for about the same price at Longhorn steakhouse for a chicken fried chicken dinner that comes with healthier vegetables

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fast food has become insanely expensive. It's never good either, it's always a convenience/timing thing that makes me do it. But I can easily spend $40+ in a drive through for my family.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Full price for fast food is ridiculous. McDonald's app has pretty good daily deals like buy one Big Mac/Quarter Pounder get another for 30 cents or a $1 egg McMuffin.

You can pay over $10 for a Subway footlong now but those annoying mailers often have coupon codes to get them 2 for the price of one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My pops was ing about a 4.50 combo meal from whataburger 20 years ago, because in the 60s you coukd buy a burger for .25 lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My pops was ing about a 4.50 combo meal from whataburger 20 years ago, because in the 60s you coukd buy a burger for .25 lol
    Sure. I just don't remember the prices going up this fast. $19 for two McDonald's burgers with fries (no drinks). I'm pretty sure I can still go through Whatabuger and get something better with drinks for close to the same price. And like Blake said, for $20, you can find a sit down place with better food for the same amount. And shame on me for going through McDonald's. That's on me. I just had no idea that it was going to cost almost $20.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Welcome to Brandon's "America"... Thanks for voting for that dumb . Yall need to own this bull tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Welcome to Brandon's "America"... Thanks for voting for that dumb . Yall need to own this bull tbh.
    National debt was 19.9 trillion when trump took over, when he left it was 27.75 trillion. Right now its at 31 trillion so joe fkn himars biden is on pace to spend about 2 trillion less in his 4 years

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Some of the price increase comes from the cost of ingredients/food, but a lot of these companies are finding they can raise prices 25-35% and only lose around 10% of traffic. Which is actually another win for them because when there are less people coming to your store, and they're paying more in total, you don't have to hire as much staff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Some of the price increase comes from the cost of ingredients/food, but a lot of these companies are finding they can raise prices 25-35% and only lose around 10% of traffic. Which is actually another win for them because when there are less people coming to your store, and they're paying more in total, you don't have to hire as much staff.
    There's no doubt that McDonald's has the math nailed down. And they know that smaller places can't compete on a purchasing level. So it's an opportunity for them to raise prices beyond what their actual cost increase is.

Thread Information