6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump picked 3 rhinos/swing voter moderates. Left liberals with a 3-2-4 majority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty funny that blue got so hysterical over Kavanaugh and Barrett's nominations. I see nothing wrong with moderates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it's more a sign of the bull going to the courts nowadays. You can be a more traditional conservative and still vote against things like ting on trans people and not overturning obvious elections.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump picked 3 rhinos/swing voter moderates. Left liberals with a 3-2-4 majority.
    Sad, but ultimately true. Once again we didn't do it right. And what's more Trump had certain "ringers" he wanted in there, and let the same Tired Old Bags (TOSB) talk him out of it...RINO:::"Oh, no sir, you can't do that. You can't name that person to the SC and you can't leave Afghanistan. It's just not done. Please, sir, you can bait CNN and moon Pelosi, but you cannot name that person to the SC."

We never learn. And these 3 s will get nothing but worse.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny that "siding with the liberals" has been not siding with dumb conservative . On voting and money they still side with republicans because that keeps them in power and that's all they care about.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pretty funny that blue got so hysterical over Kavanaugh and Barrett's nominations. I see nothing wrong with moderates.
    ...but they ain't that, CC. They're not "moderates." You have to be strong enough to eschew them in the moment, like President Trump wasn't. He knew beyond a doubt that he was caving in,,,but, crossed his fingers hoping that it would work out. He had designated people he wanted in there who had assured him eye-to-eye that they would soldier precisely how he wanted it soldiered and ended up getting hoodwinked.

At least he got hoodwinked. Bush2, that knew what he was doing to us and did it with relish. That mother er.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's funny that "siding with the liberals" has been not siding with dumb conservative . On voting and money they still side with republicans because that keeps them in power and that's all they care about.
    ...they equally "care" about retaining the status quo. Even more than equally, probably 70/30 status quo.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...but they ain't that, CC. They're not "moderates." You have to be strong enough to eschew them in the moment, like President Trump wasn't. He knew beyond a doubt that he was caving in,,,but, crossed his fingers hoping that it would work out. He had designated people he wanted in there who had assured him eye-to-eye that they would soldier precisely how he wanted it soldiered and ended up getting hoodwinked.

At least he got hoodwinked. Bush2, that knew what he was doing to us and did it with relish. That mother er.
    Alito at least is a stalwart. Him and ole man Thomas who they tried to get to retire so they could put a fourth RINO in his place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol rebranding Kavanaugh and Barrett as moderate seven months in.

lol "centrist" swagger

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

lol "centrist" swagger
    I had a sneaking su ion when they raised their respective right hands---they each had the same GD smirk on their countenance that F.B.I. face Wray had when he raised his right hand...and that proved out to be precisely what that did, rolled over like a $3 .

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol "centrist" swagger
    Exactly.

And believe it or not, there are questions that DO NOT fall into conservative or liberal categories.
    (I dont think derp could ever fathom this)

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

And believe it or not, there are questions that DO NOT fall into conservative or liberal categories.
    (I dont think derp could ever fathom this)
    Tell me more about these non conservative / liberal categories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me more about these non conservative / liberal categories.
    The Supreme court ruling on double jeopardy federal/state.
    Read about it. There are plenty of vexing problems that do not fall into liberal/conservative categories ya dumb .
    They are merely difficult, which is why they go to the Supreme Court.

derp being derp...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah this is the name of the game and conservatives still don’t get it.

Republican nominee when campaigning - promises his supporters to nominate culture warriors who will reverse Roe, send trans people to the gas chamber, etc.

Republican president - nominates judges who trigger liberals therefore social conservatives automatically think they’re winning but don’t understand how the actual judges are going to rule.

After being nominated - judges are as far right as it gets in campaign finance, labor laws, etc. but are centrists on cultural and social issues, thus SCOTUS is still short of the votes needed to overturn Roe, angering conservatives and starting the cycle all over again where the next GOP candidates promises that he’ll FINALLY be the one to pick culturally right wing judges.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    cons labeling any judge who isn’t a totally reckless partisan hack bent on sending us back to the Lochner era and legislating from the bench as a liberal.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Supreme court ruling on double jeopardy federal/state.
    Read about it. There are plenty of vexing problems that do not fall into liberal/conservative categories ya dumb .
    They are merely difficult, which is why they go to the Supreme Court.

derp being derp...
    Are liberals for or against double jeopardy?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Also Kavanaugh has always been another Roberts. Raising a stink about his nomination in 2018 was such a politically stupid thing for the senate Dems to do, it probably cost them the 2018 Florida governor and Florida senate race.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Kavanaugh has always been another Roberts. Raising a stink about his nomination in 2018 was such a politically stupid thing for the senate Dems to do, it probably cost them the 2018 Florida governor and Florida senate race.
    That would only be true if you mean people believe Kavanaugh not a rapist after all.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That would only be true if you mean people believe Kavanaugh not a rapist after all.
    Naw even if he was a rapist (iirc he wasn’t accused of rape or anything close to it) it was politically stupid. Lets say Trump withdraws his nomination because of the allegations. What happens next? The Dems weren’t winning a senate majority back in 2018 no matter what, so Trump would have picked someone further right than Kavanaugh who would have been confirmed. There was absolutely no politics upside to how the senate Dems handled that confirmation hearing.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naw even if he was a rapist (iirc he wasn’t accused of rape or anything close to it) it was politically stupid. Lets say Trump withdraws his nomination because of the allegations. What happens next? The Dems weren’t winning a senate majority back in 2018 no matter what, so Trump would have picked someone further right than Kavanaugh who would have been confirmed. There was absolutely no politics upside to how the senate Dems handled that confirmation hearing.
    That was the whole crux of the argument, bruh.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    When GWB picked a dumb bimbo named Harriett Miers as Sandra Day O’Connors’ replacement the Dems were so eager to embarrass her and didn’t realize they should have been thrilled with the pick. After they successfully torpedoed her GWB basically said OK assholes have it your way here’s Sam Alito the most right wing circuit court judge I can find. The same thing would have happened if the Dems actually were successful in sabotaging Kavanaugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are liberals for or against double jeopardy?
    did you read the fkn case and its outcome?

google supreme court double jeopardy federal state

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When GWB picked a dumb bimbo named Harriett Miers as Sandra Day O’Connors’ replacement the Dems were so eager to embarrass her and didn’t realize they should have been thrilled with the pick. After they successfully torpedoed her GWB basically said OK assholes have it your way here’s Sam Alito the most right wing circuit court judge I can find. The same thing would have happened if the Dems actually were successful in sabotaging Kavanaugh.
    He even beats out Clarence Thomas.

Thread Information