Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is the clear unanimous headliner for this HoF induction but somehow I still feel George Karl and Tim Hardaway get more recognition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright which one of you assholes is this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buenos Aires

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Nice!

Though I'm surprised they show his Spurs #20 jersey rather than the national team #5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Nice!

Though I'm surprised they show his Spurs #20 jersey rather than the national team #5.
    Probably because he cemented his legend status with the Spurs? Either way, I think it’s pretty awesome!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walt Frazier second nod to the HoF for his media career. Wicked dude but painful as to listen to on Knick-casts. He’s like a kid trying to make his word count in a school paper…. I swear he reads the thesaurus 2 hours a day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet, to truly appreciate Manu, it’s important to remember that his daring plays and wild passes didn’t always work, and they never went away. He represents an alternative to the classic sports story of an athlete who excises their bad habits and matures into greatness. With Manu, you never forgot the mistakes—and if you did, he would inevitably soon remind you—but through his sheer force of will and genius, you always got over them.

Perhaps no sequence captures the duality of the Manu experience—the seesaw between frustrating plays and spectacular ones, and his courage to attempt the latter despite the former—better than Game 1 of the 2013 Western Conference semifinals. After appearing to cost the Spurs the game with an ill-advised shot, Manu hit the game-winning 3-pointer in double overtime. And perhaps no quote captures what it felt like to watch Manu better than the one Pop gave after the game: “I went from wanting to trade him on the spot to wanting to cook breakfast for him tomorrow morning. That’s the truth. When I talk to him and say, ‘Manu,’ he goes, ‘This is what I do.’”

Manu made his fair share of boneheaded decisions on the basketball court, and he didn’t always get the chance to redeem himself 45 seconds later. But he never stopped playing hard, he never played with fear, and he never changed. In that sense—the sense that matters—he did “pound the rock.” And after enough hammering, the NBA’s most rigid system bent to reflect its most creative and determined force; because with a player and person like Manu, that’s really the only choice. You can’t split a rock in one blow, but if you angle your mallet a different way, you just might jolt something loose.
    a good point, i feel like manu's influence on pop is not really recognized. there are a bunch of players that famously butted heads with pop and manu is the only survivor

somebody made a nice vid ahead of tomorrow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walt Frazier second nod to the HoF for his media career. Wicked dude but painful as to listen to on Knick-casts. He’s like a kid trying to make his word count in a school paper…. I swear he reads the thesaurus 2 hours a day.
    There's a story about that and Walt deserves respect for how he responded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game day. 7-10:30 EST time.

Manu probably last although it wouldn’t surprise me if they made Tim Hardaway and Manu equal in terms of recognition. The rest should be an absolute fking snore fest.

Tim/Tony/Manu > Run TMC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it televised other than NBA TV?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was a joy to watch.

I've seen hundreds and hundreds of his games on the tube and 15 or 20 games in person. One of a kind. Bravo Manu.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 09-10-2022 at 03:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baffles me how fatboys who never played sports have a platform. Just hating from the sidelines. Basketball HoF is by no means upper echelon but if you are going to poke there are better places to make an argument.
    Ben Maller starts his "hot" takes at 2AM eastern time - perhaps on the weekends - on Fox Sports radio. Not an A-lister.

When the words "backup" are basically the first words out of this pile of xcrement, you now you're are dealing with a braindead situation.

I'm wondering if Ben is still in his Mama's basement.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 09-10-2022 at 03:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For DIRECTV Spurs fans you can change your subscription to Choice for one day to watch this. They'll repeat the presentation if you're late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game day. 7-10:30 EST time.

Manu probably last although it wouldn’t surprise me if they made Tim Hardaway and Manu equal in terms of recognition. The rest should be an absolute fking snore fest.

Tim/Tony/Manu > Run TMC
    Hardaway went first, Manu sitting in the front row... even the NBA couldn't overlook the fact that Manu is the clear headliner here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardaway went first, Manu sitting in the front row... even the NBA couldn't overlook the fact that Manu is the clear headliner here.
    Nice, good information. Barbell strategy… the only two inductees ppl are interested in lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, George Karl got old...him talking makes me want to clear my own throat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That-a Manu, he make-a me cry!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is finished.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great speech! Very funny and emotional as well. The room was filled with Manu fans!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprisingly...Tim's speech was better imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great speech! Very funny and emotional as well. The room was filled with Manu fans!
    The ovation he got when they called his name was great...dude has to know he's one of the best to ever play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So happy for Manu, man.

Now, we get to enjoy Tony's induction speech next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a great day for us Spurs fans. Gotta love Manu and with all due respect to TD, Admiral, TP, and Pop, Manu is my favorite sports figure of all-time. Great speech from a great man!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was fun watching Manu's induction. Always great to see the Big 3 and David together. Hopefully we'll get to see them again next year with Tony getting inducted.

Thread Information