Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Barring a Josh Allen injury, Buffalo will hoist their first Lombardi this season.

They’re too ing good. Hopefully they stop ing around in the regular season and get that HFA, but either way it feels destined

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    you should know better DD

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Perhaps, if something happens to Allen there will definitely be a chance of murder-suicide in the forecast

Well that was dark

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Perhaps, if something happens to Allen there will definitely be a chance of murder-suicide in the forecast
    Oh man...I hope the murder part is Bob Cousy.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tosh Allen will regress and/or suffer lingering injuries like RG3/Lamar Jackson and go that route tbh.

Allen #17. Is. Just. Not. That. Good. Keep Coping. He's a running QB and he's going to have a short career; at least he got paid, I guess, which is better than Jackson I guess.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Barring a Josh Allen injury, Buffalo will hoist their first Lombardi this season.

They’re too ing good. Hopefully they stop ing around in the regular season and get that HFA, but either way it feels destined
    It feels like their year, for sure. The league rigging it for a Brady last hurrah is maybe the biggest obstacle.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tosh Allen will regress and/or suffer lingering injuries like RG3/Lamar Jackson and go that route tbh.

Allen #17. Is. Just. Not. That. Good. Keep Coping. He's a running QB and he's going to have a short career; at least he got paid, I guess, which is better than Jackson I guess.
    He may be a running QB but he's got the size and arm to keep playing even if he eventually can't run. He's basically a very mobile Ben Roethlisberger. Even if they stop calling running plays for him, he'll always be a good scrambler and tough to bring down.

Murray has a good arm but I'm not sure at 5'10", he can last in the league if eventually he gets limited to passing out of the pocket. Of the three, I'd be most worried about Jackson. Least accurate of the group (I think) and their whole scheme is based on his ability to run.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    All I know is the ulative score of both Bills/Patriots games this year is going to be something like 112-24.

The Patriots have the worst LB crew I’ve ever seen, Allen is going to put up high school football numbers on that defense and run for like 250 yds a game with 6 TD’s.

Was looking blue sky for Chiefs.
    Drunk driver Shottenheimer then BradyRef and poof.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He may be a running QB but he's got the size and arm to keep playing even if he eventually can't run. He's basically a very mobile Ben Roethlisberger. Even if they stop calling running plays for him, he'll always be a good scrambler and tough to bring down.

Murray has a good arm but I'm not sure at 5'10", he can last in the league if eventually he gets limited to passing out of the pocket. Of the three, I'd be most worried about Jackson. Least accurate of the group (I think) and their whole scheme is based on his ability to run.
    Murray is realistically more like 5'6" or 5'7". Nobody in the history of the league has gotten their balls batted down at the LOS more % of the time than Murray.

I agree on Jackson. Not only least accurate but also timid at throwing from the pocket unless the Ravens are down three scores and the other team is playing prevent deep zone. He's pretty much a one trick pony. He's arguably less talented than RG3 was overall, but he's lasted longer because RG3 got broken down way too early into his career. Never got a high-paying second contract. Jackson is really a dumbass for not signing a contract already with big guarantees, even if it's not Mahomes money. He's really betting on his life this year and he might very well lose if he gets hurt again, misses time, slows down, regresses, Baltimore misses the playoffs again... the Ravens might just go ahead and move on.

Allen is yes, like a very young Big Ben or even 2017 Carson Wentz at this point, but we all remember how quickly Wentz regressed from being a consensus top 5 QB to not even making the top twenty these days. Anything can happen. I'm predicting a regression. He's gotten awfully lucky so far. Something's bound to bite Buffalo in the ass this year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    10800056[/URL]]Murray is realistically more like 5'6" or 5'7". Nobody in the history of the league has gotten their balls batted down at the LOS more % of the time than Murray.

I agree on Jackson. Not only least accurate but also timid at throwing from the pocket unless the Ravens are down three scores and the other team is playing prevent deep zone. He's pretty much a one trick pony. He's arguably less talented than RG3 was overall, but he's lasted longer because RG3 got broken down way too early into his career. Never got a high-paying second contract. Jackson is really a dumbass for not signing a contract already with big guarantees, even if it's not Mahomes money. He's really betting on his life this year and he might very well lose if he gets hurt again, misses time, slows down, regresses, Baltimore misses the playoffs again... the Ravens might just go ahead and move on.

Allen is yes, like a very young Big Ben or even 2017 Carson Wentz at this point, but we all remember how quickly Wentz regressed from being a consensus top 5 QB to not even making the top twenty these days. Anything can happen. I'm predicting a regression. He's gotten awfully lucky so far. Something's bound to bite Buffalo in the ass this year.
    Imo, Jackson is a dumbass for not having an agent. I assume he has a friend or family member helping him with potential contracts. He’s one play away from losing a load of money. As great a runner as he is, that doesn’t last forever.

Allen could certainly regress but he’s gotten better as a passer. Jackson still looks iffy. That being said, these guys are still young and everyone progresses at different levels. But Allen looks like a pro QB. I’m not convinced that Jackson has the pure passing skills and mentality to make it. We’ll see about Murray.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Imo, Jackson is a dumbass for not having an agent. I assume he has a friend or family member helping him with potential contracts. He’s one play away from losing a load of money. As great a runner as he is, that doesn’t last forever.

Allen could certainly regress but he’s gotten better as a passer. Jackson still looks iffy. That being said, these guys are still young and everyone progresses at different levels. But Allen looks like a pro QB. I’m not convinced that Jackson has the pure passing skills and mentality to make it. We’ll see about Murray.
    Yep, and with the way he plays it's not a matter of if, but when. It's not like the Tom Brady injury as a pocket passer where that kind of a fluke injury will only happen 1 time in 20+ years.

Making 23 million this year. Which is enough for 20 families to live for 20 years with just average reasonable buying and investing.

Occur to you that Jackson is not all about money? To me it's super refreshing to see a top player put winning ahead of bank. That is to say in actions, not just the usual parroting spouting that players lie about.

Yes to an extent i agree, super risky that an injury could stop him from banking 200+ million. In a league that gives Deshaun Watson 250 guaranted FFS yes one might say Jackson is really blowing it.

However, by waiting on the Watson contract, the way NFL contract culture rolls he will get at least as much as Watson and probably more. Right below, at, or even beyond Mahomes money. We saw what happened to Mahomes when victimized by receiver drops and BradyRef in the Bowl. Welcome to Lamars world.
    Also he certainly is having someone super knowledgeable help him with the contract kind of like Lebron did with his Klutch homies.

Since Baltimore ed around on getting him any top receivers i hope he tells them to blow anything short of another MVP season by himself. I will say the tight end has stepped up by trying to call Bateman a great WR is bull . Will gladly consume crow by the plateful if Bateman stuns. And don't jabber to me about Bateman catching loaf of bread deliveries by Super Jackson, i want to see some in-traffic kick ass catches.

Yep, and with the way he plays it's not a matter of if, but when. It's not like the Tom Brady injury as a pocket passer where that kind of a fluke injury will only happen 1 time in 20+ years.
    Brady is the most ref pampered QB of all time.
    37-12 Lamar.

Pink yourself got.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brady is the most ref pampered QB of all time.
    37-12 Lamar.

Pink yourself got.
    It was 37-20, got, and Baltimore only won that game because little old man Edelman coughed up the ball for a very long fumble-six by Marlon Humphrey, IIRC. The Patriots' offense was totally cookin' the so-called #1 defense that SNF night until that happened. Meanwhile, Baltimore cooked Belichick's defense with Jackson's legs and the RB's, and Jackson will never be that fast and agile again post-injuries.

Remind yourself of how that season ended... 'twas the second playoffs in a row where Baltimore fell in an early hole and Jackson couldn't lead them back because he's an absolute turnover machine when you take away the threat of his legs.

37-12 is his record, got.

On average at best Baltimore teams.
    Last season very below average with injuries.

You put Brady without BradyRef on any of the LJ Baltimore teams and he is sub .500 easily.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Making 23 million this year. Which is enough for 20 families to live for 20 years with just average reasonable buying and investing.

Occur to you that Jackson is not all about money? To me it's super refreshing to see a top player put winning ahead of bank. That is to say in actions, not just the usual parroting spouting that players lie about.

Yes to an extent i agree, super risky that an injury could stop him from banking 200+ million. In a league that gives Deshaun Watson 250 guaranted FFS yes one might say Jackson is really blowing it.

However, by waiting on the Watson contract, the way NFL contract culture rolls he will get at least as much as Watson and probably more. Right below, at, or even beyond Mahomes money. We saw what happened to Mahomes when victimized by receiver drops and BradyRef in the Bowl. Welcome to Lamars world.
    Also he certainly is having someone super knowledgeable help him with the contract kind of like Lebron did with his Klutch homies.

Since Baltimore ed around on getting him any top receivers i hope he tells them to blow anything short of another MVP season by himself. I will say the tight end has stepped up by trying to call Bateman a great WR is bull . Will gladly consume crow by the plateful if Bateman stuns. And don't jabber to me about Bateman catching loaf of bread deliveries by Super Jackson, i want to see some in-traffic kick ass catches.
    There is no ing way he gets Watson money. I mean...it's possible but I can't see Baltimore giving him that. Watson was dropping 50 yards dime TDs to the back of the end zone into coverage at this point in his career. And there's little doubt that he is more comfortable being a pocket passer. I do agree that they've ed Jackson with the talent they've put around him. But unless he has a significantly better year than he's ever had in passing, no one is going to give him that kind of guaranteed money.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    37-12 is his record, got.

On average at best Baltimore teams.
    Last season very below average with injuries.

You put Brady without BradyRef on any of the LJ Baltimore teams and he is sub .500 easily.
    Don't you think if they had Brady, they would have come up with a totally different scheme? Or do you think they'd still be dialing up QB running plays?

There is no ing way he gets Watson money. I mean...it's possible but I can't see Baltimore giving him that. Watson was dropping 50 yards dime TDs to the back of the end zone into coverage at this point in his career. And there's little doubt that he is more comfortable being a pocket passer. I do agree that they've ed Jackson with the talent they've put around him. But unless he has a significantly better year than he's ever had in passing, no one is going to give him that kind of guaranteed money.
    I know there are other great NFL minds that know this too.

Watson? I'm still trying to wrap my head around "guaranteed." Does this mean if he gets injured he still gets the 250 mil?
    Goes on another massage spree still gets 250?

Reportedly most if not all of the other owners are not down with the Browns giving this guarantee. Hence the move by puppet Godell to enact the rigged "appeal" to the "arbiter" (read, NFL owners "our butt licker"). Knowing that, previously NFL contract culture was whomever has the largest contract sets the bar for next guy up. Just the way it's rolled for the most part.

But with most owners not on board with Watsons Brownies, hmmmn I wonder if he will get 250 mil or not.
    Perhaps he will *settle* for 230 mil or somesuch.

Unread the $$ amounts pro athletes get.

Purportedly Jackson has the leverage the longer this drags out. Or does he.

Reluctantly i agree with you and others that say taking 200 mil in the hand >>>>>> risking injury in the bush.

I still applaud him if he holds out and becomes the biggest FA since BradyRef in the last 10 years.

While i hope he has a kick ass year, if he plays well but Baltimore phucks him again, i think another team will pay him max.

Steve Young:

“I can’t wait for someone to train Lamar Jackson in a sophisticated passing game. I think he’d be the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said. “But he keeps getting held back by the Ravens year after year because they keep doubling down on this [rushing] thing Lamar Jackson is great at. No question, he’s the best at that. But that’s not the championship football they need to play. That’s not what Lamar Jackson wants to be.”

Steve Young questions Ravens’ development of QB Lamar Jackson: ‘He keeps getting held back’ (msn.com)

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    2022 is probably as easy as the Bills will have it but it's not a last hurrah. I expect Bills to steamroll thru the regular season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I know there are other great NFL minds that know this too.

Watson? I'm still trying to wrap my head around "guaranteed." Does this mean if he gets injured he still gets the 250 mil?
    Goes on another massage spree still gets 250?

Reportedly most if not all of the other owners are not down with the Browns giving this guarantee. Hence the move by puppet Godell to enact the rigged "appeal" to the "arbiter" (read, NFL owners "our butt licker"). Knowing that, previously NFL contract culture was whomever has the largest contract sets the bar for next guy up. Just the way it's rolled for the most part.

But with most owners not on board with Watsons Brownies, hmmmn I wonder if he will get 250 mil or not.
    Perhaps he will *settle* for 230 mil or somesuch.

Unread the $$ amounts pro athletes get.

Purportedly Jackson has the leverage the longer this drags out. Or does he.

Reluctantly i agree with you and others that say taking 200 mil in the hand >>>>>> risking injury in the bush.

I still applaud him if he holds out and becomes the biggest FA since BradyRef in the last 10 years.

While i hope he has a kick ass year, if he plays well but Baltimore phucks him again, i think another team will pay him max.
    If he gets hurt, he still gets all the guaranteed money. There are probably clauses in the contract that would make him forfeit the money if he does something unethical. I think that's pretty standard.
    I'll just say right now, Lamar isn't going to get a max contract. Unless he drastically improves in the passing game. No one is going to pay that for a primarily running QB.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Worst thing to happen to Lamar was winning that MVP

I'll just say right now, Lamar isn't going to get a max contract.
    Purportedly already offered more then Kyler Murray. Altho how would these media phucks know unless Ravens management leaked it, yes?

I don't know if that means more then 230 mil total or more then 46 per year.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Expect media backlash if Bills lose today in the opener

Bills are in an awful position to be in. Haven't won anything in decades but have been appointed Champions. Might be difficult for a team that is historically the likeable upstart franchise. For the first time there is pressure...and immense amount

Bengals won the AFC and no one is talking about them. Ideal position to be in.

2021: Bills were 0-6 in games decided by TD or less. Tonight will likely be another close game, let's see if Bills have improved.

Thread Information