Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hesitant to the news because of a personal experience with Amazon buying a company I worked for.

Awful experience, they came in and destroyed it. Hope the purchase of Bally goes better but I'm on Sportsurge already anyway and figure nothing changes for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hesitant to the news because of a personal experience with Amazon buying a company I worked for.

Awful experience, they came in and destroyed it. Hope the purchase of Bally goes better but I'm on Sportsurge already anyway and figure nothing changes for them
    Bally was already dying. Amazon is just picking the carcass.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't think of another company I'd like to see destroyed by a corporate behemoth more than Bally's.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't think of another company I'd like to see destroyed by a corporate behemoth more than Bally's.
    Sinclair needs to just go away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if this will just be for the local market or if Amazon will roll out some kind of NBA Package via all of the various Bally networks they've acquired (which would potentially compete with LeaguePass). It would be in the NBA's interest to get out of the streaming business and just sign a big licensing deal with someone like Amazon. The NFL gets $2 billion per year from Google for NFL Sunday Ticket - the NBA might really like the structure of something like that, where they no longer have to foot the bill for any infrastructure or Opex related to the service.
    NBA media rights are going to be up for sale this off season I believe. All of the major streaming platforms are vying for NBA packages so it's not impossible Amazon ends up carrying some of the games like they do currently with Thursday night football but I would be shocked if the NBA doesn't keep Leauge Pass for themselves. Unlike the NFL, the NBA has directly been the outlet for League Pass for as long as I can remember (along with cable providers) and the NBA app on devices is fairly good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone ever looked into the Suns games that are supposedly streaming for free now? I assume it's geolocked or something. But it doesn't seem like the overhead of broadcasting the games is all that high, so it's possible the team might get away with doing something similar to what Phoenix is doing. The games don't have to be free, but just stream it on Facebook or on the Web site or something. I wouldn't mind at all if it were a package I could purchase from Amazon but my guess is that the NBA probably doesn't want to combine local/in-market and local/out-of-market packages and that Amazon might not find the juice worth the squeeze if they have to geolock their offerings. The Yankees have a big market, so the money is there for them to stream those games. Teams small enough to have to deal with BallySports are a different matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does that have anything to do with Bally's demise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this today:

Q: Does the Amazon announcement with Diamond Sports mean all my teams will now be available on Amazon’s Prime Video Channels?
    Once this agreement is approved and goes into effect, Bally Sports+ will be available for purchase through Amazon’s Prime Video Channel platform for an incremental cost. If you currently watch through a pay TV provider, nothing will change.
    As a reminder, Bally Sports+ currently offers fans direct streaming access to their local NBA and NHL teams, as well as the Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Miami Marlins, Milwaukee Brewers and Tampa Bay Rays.

Q: When will my team(s) be on Amazon?
    Details regarding pricing and availability will be announced at a later date. Our customers can continue to enjoy their local teams through their TV provider on Bally Sports and the Bally Sports app. As more information becomes available, we will be sure to keep our viewers informed. Thank you!

Q: How can I watch my team today?
    In the near term, you can continue accessing your local teams with the Bally Sports app and through your TV provider.

Q: When will Bally Sports teams be available to watch on Amazon?
    A: Additional details regarding pricing and availability on Amazon Prime Video Channels will be announced at a later date.

Q: Are all local games on Bally Sports moving to Amazon or can I still watch with my TV provider?
    A: Our existing cable, satellite and virtual streaming distribution partners will continue to deliver all Bally Sports programming to their customers.

Q: I already have Amazon Prime. Can I get a refund if I’m a Bally Sports+ subscriber?
    A: Bally Sports teams are not currently available on Amazon’s Prime Video Channels. For this reason, requests for a refund are not available at this time. All current broadcasts will continue to be available on Bally Sports and to stream on the Bally Sports app.
    In the future, Bally Sports+ will be available through Prime Video Channels for an incremental cost (similar to other major streamers like Paramout+, Max, etc.). It is important to note, Bally Sports+ will not automatically be available through an existing Prime Video subscription.

Q: Will I be able to connect my pay TV provider to Amazon in order to stream my games, or do I need a Prime membership?
    A: Pay TV customers will still be able to stream their local teams via the Bally Sports app and their respective Pay TV app.

Q: Does having a Bally Sports+ subscription allow me to stream on Amazon Prime?
    A: Additional details regarding availability will be announced at a later date.

Q: Does the Amazon announcement mean the Bally Sports app is going away?
    A: The Bally Sports app continues to be the destination to stream your favorite local teams.

Bally Sports Help Center - Answer Detail

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This better include all 82 games. I understand its a previous agreement that had Bally missing about 20 games but , if you're gonna take my money give me all the games.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i see what ace posted back in March, but I really hope the games are viewable on Amazon and i dont need the ballys app. Ballys is the worst ing streaming app i've ever used. complete dog

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This better include all 82 games. I understand its a previous agreement that had Bally missing about 20 games but , if you're gonna take my money give me all the games.
    Doubtful. National network games won't be on it and I doubt the KENS games will be on it either.

i see what ace posted back in March, but I really hope the games are viewable on Amazon and i dont need the ballys app. Ballys is the worst ing streaming app i've ever used. complete dog
    It was terrible on the Roku but better on a Google TV app. Another problem was the varied availability times of replays. I couldn't get a replay for many hours after a game ended on either Roku or Google TV -- had to hook my laptop to the TV to view the replay from the website. A stupid and completely avoidable problem.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubtful. National network games won't be on it and I doubt the KENS games will be on it either.

It was terrible on the Roku but better on a Google TV app. Another problem was the varied availability times of replays. I couldn't get a replay for many hours after a game ended on either Roku or Google TV -- had to hook my laptop to the TV to view the replay from the website. A stupid and completely avoidable problem.
    National network games are not an issue for me. Its the Kens games. Corpus is considered Spurs market but I don't get the Kens games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'll probably just continue to stream things for free and put up with the bull that comes with it, thanks

Thread Information