Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well get the ball rolling, I blame PATFO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank goodness. Hopefully someone will buy them that doesn't want to keep local sports fans from watching their team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took too long to do online streaming . Theres a pessimism about streaming libraries being super profitable and consumer fatigue. Nba went from Curry, Durant vs lebron to tosb lebron, post injury durant,etc. Bought high, now selling low

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm excited to see what the next NBA TV deal looks like, especially how it translates to blackouts and "local markets". I'm in HI and can't watch any Spurs games vs CA teams because they are available on cable. Leagues need to break away from cable-network based blackout rules in this era of streaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO Bally's in general has been as relevant as pet rocks in the last 20+ yrs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm excited to see what the next NBA TV deal looks like, especially how it translates to blackouts and "local markets". I'm in HI and can't watch any Spurs games vs CA teams because they are available on cable. Leagues need to break away from cable-network based blackout rules in this era of streaming.
    Try being Canadian. We have insane media content blockage. Cost me 200ish a month between buying every sports cable channel and league pass just to watch the Spurs when we were a decent team. Even at that these dumbass Canadian content providers always ed up the channeling and you wouldn't get the game till half time because all the Canadian networks are too stupid to co-ordinate. I’d kill to live in the US for sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try being Canadian. We have insane media content blockage. Cost me 200ish a month between buying every sports cable channel and league pass just to watch the Spurs when we were a decent team. Even at that these dumbass Canadian content providers always ed up the channeling and you wouldn't get the game till half time because all the Canadian networks are too stupid to co-ordinate. I’d kill to live in the US for sports.
    Move to a first-world nation, tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good - f Bally Sports. They can piss off…completely stupid that local fans don’t have a way to watch every game for cheaper/free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly man it’s tough as a Canadian to come work in the US unless your shop manages the process. As a free agent good luck. I’ve interviewed with a few banks and hedge funds over the years and without sponsorship it is very hard. 10 week interview process with 16 ppl total for a great job in Chicago but at the final round it was just easier to offer an American versus my paperwork. Meanwhile Canada is the friendliest nation to a foreign passport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good - f Bally Sports. They can piss off…completely stupid that local fans don’t have a way to watch every game for cheaper/free
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bally sucks but has been fine for me. Im gonna have to get cable again if I wanna watch Wemby next season

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh. $20 was the cheapest deal yet. Curious to see what comes next. Some configuration with no local broadcasters maybe and only the feed from the other team? Matt Bonner commentating from his phone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sling was $30 with basic cable and sharing of account with 4 others. that was like 4 years ago though. too much greed after that.

anyway the service won't die. bankruptcy will keep it up till its sold off or the contract ends.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bally Sports is brilliant. Price yourself off all affordable streaming options so that you are only available through cable. Come up with an App that charges more than Netflix, HBO Prime, and ESPN plus. So people can watch a tanking Spurs team that lost all its stars and traded its lone superstar. Shockingly, they lose money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sling was $30 with basic cable and sharing of account with 4 others. that was like 4 years ago though. too much greed after that.

anyway the service won't die. bankruptcy will keep it up till its sold off or the contract ends.
    It's seriously gotten out of control.

At this point, all of the cable "alternatives"....ATT Direct, YoutubeTV, FuboTV, etc...are 70-80 a month bucks for a decent package, which is actually on-par with adding cable to your internet.

I prefer streaming over dealing with the antiquated DVR boxes (and some cable providers offer streaming options), but there really is just no "affordable" option any more unless you want to shiver your timbers.

And that's not even getting into all the specialized services like Netflix, Hulu, Disney, AppleTV, Pea , Paramount, etc which all will add up to a 2nd cable bill.
    Last edited by Dex; 01-26-2023 at 08:06 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the where they expecting to compete with NBA league pass at that cost, wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the where they expecting to compete with NBA league pass at that cost, wow
    NBA League Pass is a joke too because of blackouts and their app sucks

The MAIN selling point of LP would be "oh man, I want to see every game of my favorite local team"....which it can't even provide due to stupid TV/Cable deals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly man it’s tough as a Canadian to come work in the US unless your shop manages the process. As a free agent good luck. I’ve interviewed with a few banks and hedge funds over the years and without sponsorship it is very hard. 10 week interview process with 16 ppl total for a great job in Chicago but at the final round it was just easier to offer an American versus my paperwork. Meanwhile Canada is the friendliest nation to a foreign passport.
    Well in all seriousness, Canada is pretty awesome so at least you've still got that going for you!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is NBA coverage good in Germany or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bally streaming on pc is kinda cool because of the extra stats feature. Other than that though I hate the service mostly because of the sports ASMR they play during commercial breaks.

It's sad that your pay services are worse than a pirated feed. Watching the half time shows is way better than the auditory slow motion crap Bally plays on loop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well in all seriousness, Canada is pretty awesome so at least you've still got that going for you!
    True, they have all the good sides of the USA wihout all the bad sides.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No game thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently not I thought about it but I guess what's the point no one's watching anyway

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently not I thought about it but I guess what's the point no one's watching anyway
    Lol, yeah I'm actually surprised, lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA League Pass is a joke too because of blackouts and their app sucks

The MAIN selling point of LP would be "oh man, I want to see every game of my favorite local team"....which it can't even provide due to stupid TV/Cable deals
    Make sense. I haven’t lived in SA in years and I don’t care enough about the Wizards in my area to know if they’re blacked out or not lol.

Thread Information