Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a fan of American muscle cars, I hate to see this happen...and I question this for them financially doing it in such an abrupt manner instead of phasing them out over time. Scrap a whole line of profitable cars trying to usher in the future a bit too quickly?

Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a fan of American muscle cars, I hate to see this happen...and I question this for them financially doing it in such an abrupt manner instead of phasing them out over time. Scrap a whole line of profitable cars trying to usher in the future a bit too quickly?

Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.
    My grandpop worked for Ford and we were a Ford family. Pretty sad to see the only passenger car they make is the mustang and this is probably what will happen to that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My grandpop worked for Ford and we were a Ford family. Pretty sad to see the only passenger car they make is the mustang and this is probably what will happen to that
    I drive a '13 5.0 and I love it. I hate to see the day come when the Mustangs and Camaros go too. I went to HS in the 90s when Mustangs, Camaros and Firebirds were all going head to head. I know that we are moving on eventually, I just wish I didn't have to be here for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But lets be real, the V8 culture will never truly leave. There might be significant changes on main roads but you aren't shutting down NASCAR, the NHRA, etc...and they sure as aren't racing electrics. There's too much money involved. They will still be on the roads too. Big manufacturers can stop making them, but there will always be an aftermarket base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a Dodge fan. Reliability, meh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exception, mins diesel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will pipe that bad ass V8 sound through the stereo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I drive a '13 5.0 and I love it. I hate to see the day come when the Mustangs and Camaros go too. I went to HS in the 90s when Mustangs, Camaros and Firebirds were all going head to head. I know that we are moving on eventually, I just wish I didn't have to be here for it.
    Those 5.0 mustangs crack me up. Just unnecessarily noisy as . The evolution of the automobile has been amazing. People still romanticize the 60's muscle car era and those things were ing death traps. My modern pickup with the 6.2 and 10 speed transmission handles better and is faster than most of those stock muscle cars and gets three times the gas mileage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those 5.0 mustangs crack me up. Just unnecessarily noisy as . The evolution of the automobile has been amazing. People still romanticize the 60's muscle car era and those things were ing death traps. My modern pickup with the 6.2 and 10 speed transmission handles better and is faster than most of those stock muscle cars and gets three times the gas mileage.
    Plz be boring elsewhere, we talking bout muscle cars now, grampa. thank you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plz be boring elsewhere, we talking bout muscle cars now, grampa. thank you
    LOL. I have owned and driven Corvettes and Z28s so can speak with some authority on the subject and those 60s muscle cars were OK for going in a straight line but sucked at anything else. They couldn't handle or stop for .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think they are brought back by 2030. Those are staples and the demand will always be there for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are brought back by 2030. Those are staples and the demand will always be there for them.
    Yeah, after they crash the electrical grid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To many gearheads, the thought of a muscle car without noise and smells is heresy. But Kuniskis says Dodge is working hard to make the electric experience match internal combustion. The Charger, he said, will generate its own air flow to make an exhaust noise that rivals gas performance cars. And the transmission will shift gears.

When the electric Charger was driven through a garage door and entered a building Wednesday night at a racetrack in Pontiac, Michigan, it roared just like a gas muscle car.

Electric vehicles, Kuniskis said, have the potential to perform better than gas muscle cars with fast acceleration. But he said they are kind of sterile. “It doesn’t have the emotion. It doesn’t have the drama. It doesn’t have the kind of dangerous feeling that ICE (an internal combustion engine) has when it’s loud and rumbling and shifting and moving the car around.”

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    With everyone driving trucks and CUV’s, it’s just a pain to drive an actual car because visibility sucks on the road. I’m sure at some point the pendulum will swing back, especially when car companies remember how much cheaper they can produce cars vs CUVs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a cat and be willing to hold it for a while. The value is going to skyrocket.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Also half the fun of owning a muscle car was driving a stick shift. I know that automatic transmissions are actually faster these days, but tbh driving a Mustang/Camaro/Corvette with an automatic is still super gay also I don’t know that I could get into another Mustang knowing it just runs on batteries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the reasoning behind scrapping it? Environmental i assume?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the reasoning behind scrapping it? Environmental i assume?
    Must not be selling well and this gives them an opportunity to rebrand. No way Dodge gives two s about the environment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mods please move thread to its proper place in the Club

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must not be selling well and this gives them an opportunity to rebrand. No way Dodge gives two s about the environment.
    It's the fuel economy mandates. By 2026 the fleet has to average 40mpg so they are forced to go electric on their cars to balance out the gas guzzling pickups which are their big moneymakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also half the fun of owning a muscle car was driving a stick shift. I know that automatic transmissions are actually faster these days, but tbh driving a Mustang/Camaro/Corvette with an automatic is still super gay also I don’t know that I could get into another Mustang knowing it just runs on batteries.
    Eh, on the realistic side, driving a muscle car with stick shift in heavy stop and go traffic really, really, really sucks.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So funny that they're trying to replicate the worst trait of these cars. The noise is just so y.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With everyone driving trucks and CUV’s, it’s just a pain to drive an actual car because visibility sucks on the road. I’m sure at some point the pendulum will swing back, especially when car companies remember how much cheaper they can produce cars vs CUVs.
    i think there was a good argument before that people were too quick to get CUVs or compact SUVs just because they had one kid, as you dont really need that much space to throw in a ing soccer ball and backpack.

but with how massive modern car seats are (especially the infant rear facing ones), makes it an easy decision tbh. and depending on where you live, having all wheel drive may or may not be useful

but people without kids or grandkids they ferry around definitely dont need to be buying anything bigger than a sedan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i think there was a good argument before that people were too quick to get CUVs or compact SUVs just because they had one kid, as you dont really need that much space to throw in a ing soccer ball and backpack.

but with how massive modern car seats are (especially the infant rear facing ones), makes it an easy decision tbh. and depending on where you live, having all wheel drive may or may not be useful

but people without kids or grandkids they ferry around definitely dont need to be buying anything bigger than a sedan
    For sure, families need larger vehicles. But like 90% of truck owners don’t even need a truck, and even most families don’t need an Expedition or a Tahoe, the could do fine with a CX-5 or a Sportage.

The oversized truck/SUV market needs to die. Hopefully with the Ford Maverick being a success, the small truck trend comes back.

Thread Information