Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those "some" who truly believe he was wronged by the Establishment: what's the reasoning for believing that? His lies were not only disprovable, but they were disproven. Not only by the left but by most republicans. Georgia state republicans. Trump appointed judges. His former staff and counsel. His Vice President said there was no voter fraud. His daughter admitted that he lost in her January 6 interview. So why do those "some" maga s believe he was wronged?
    They believe it because throughout his entire presidency the left was trying to impeach him, and they said they'd try to impeach him before he even took office. There's enough material to piece together a conspiracy if someone wants to believe it.

You don't need to convince me he lost. There aren't enough "he won" people to win an election, only to make more noise than the Biden supporters between elections.

It's not policy. It's not politics. It's not money. It's because they believe their white president wouldn't lie about this. That blind loyalty, at the general populous level it's at among most hardcore maga s, is rooted in something deeper than political or financial beliefs. The average Trump supporter who has nothing to gain politically or financially by supporting Trump supports him because he represents White America.

I truly believe that.
    Your comments are basically how the Trump supporters think, without due diligence to the question you have made up your mind that half the country is racist enough to delude themselves into thinking Trump actually won. Racism is real but it's always about the money. Obama won handily against white opponents. If it was about White America, that wouldn't be the case.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IRL, I try to avoid talking about politics. Unless they bring up something that I can steer them in the right direction without having to get into Dem vs Rep (Trump). Most of it is related to blaming Biden for inflation and high gas prices. Too many people just looking at two factors...1) what's wrong with my life and 2) who's president.
    And thats why you are probably well liked.

I get forced into rebuttals and its a mistake because I have usually read a lot more than them.
    My neighbor kept going on and on about George Soros buying up all the lumber when lumber prices where so high and we were going to redo our fence.
    And I finally just gave him an article to read. And he is a lawyer so you think he would do his homework before just spouting off. Its weird how they just automatically take up and slurp total always trying to find some devious blue team plan when in reality its complex bungling that no one counted on and never could have predicted. The world is not a nice neat place. Mistakes are made and then even compound themselves.

I think this is why I like Coen brother movies so much. They go nuclear on the theme of mistakes and bungling and just randomness (No Country For Old Men)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure you preferred him over Hillary and there's proof on this forum for that.
    NO I did not.
    I VOTED for Hillary Clinton.

I made that quote after the election. After Trump won I gave a maybe this might work out. I was dead wrong.
    I SUPPORTED Hillary Clinton. And would definitely do it again. Hillary had ALREADY LOST. I dared to dream things might be ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO I did not.
    I VOTED for Hillary Clinton.

I made that quote after the election. After Trump won I gave a maybe this might work out. I was dead wrong.
    I SUPPORTED Hillary Clinton. And would definitely do it again.
    Which is why the press will hound the overgrown ompa loompa till the end. He won't come clean and the press won't back off. And in the meantime nothing gets done. Which might actually be better than Hillary.

We got a guy just blindly bumping into walls he never knew existed or never fathomed what a door might be.
    You said Trump is better than Hillary. You probably voted for Trump.

You weren't #stillwithher

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC doubling down on being wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said Trump is better than Hillary. You probably voted for Trump.
    What does might mean when Hillary is no longer a possibility?
    And you are not probably right on who I voted for.
    You are dead wrong.

It ALSO allows me to be amused by the crying on CNN or FOX news wanting to burst out in a party but holding back, which I also made fun of.
    Without implying I voted for Donald Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does might mean when Hillary is no longer a possibility?
    You know what it means. You thought Trump might be better than had Hillary won.

Eat that turd you laid. Enjoy it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means DMC is forever wrong again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The election was over.
    I voted for Hillary.

I supported the idea that Donald Trump might do a better job after the fact. Thats called wishful thinking as I am a bit patriotic unlike your service in the US that we now realize was basically service to a personality. And you try to soldier people who never served with your BS. You want to serve a king now. "Thank you for your service DMC" my ass...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So desperate for measly message board wins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC was as upset by the Obama bashing of Trump as Trump was humiliated.
    Wait.

Thats not why he won?
    He won because you and other Trumper's wanted to own the libs...
    A very patriotic stance. "You know some of us have served our country." gtfoh
    I supported the idea that Donald Trump might do a better job
    Look at you dance now under the truth of your Trump support.

Dance forum monkey, dance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone care for me, please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol that's rich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The election was over.
    I voted for Hillary.

I supported the idea that Donald Trump might do a better job after the fact. Thats called wishful thinking as I am a bit patriotic unlike your service in the US that we now realize was basically service to a personality. And you try to soldier people who never served with your BS. You want to serve a king now. "Thank you for your service DMC" my ass...

and again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Triggered means I am repeating what I have already said.

New definition.
    Thanks for the forum update DMC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are such an old man child.
    Amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means DMC is forever wrong again.
    And he will deny being forever wrong, just like when he said russia's military might was on par with China and US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The election was over.

This. I will say I don't vote often as I don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils if I don't believe in the candidate. That being said, I'm always behind a new president until they show enough for me to know they're trash. It didn't take Trump very long to get to that point. Looking back, there hasn't been a president that I thought was terrible until Trump (regardless of my "Thanks Obama" memes). I lean right but Clinton was fine and Obama was fine. The Bushes were fine. Even though all might have made some mistakes (Bush maybe the biggest). But I don't think I ever thought they weren't qualified to try to run the country. Although maybe that's hindsight now after seeing Trump. And maybe if Trump would have stayed off Twitter and not fired his advisors, then he'd be "fine" also. And I can't point at anything he did and say that it was a major policy -up (at least not with respect to all presidents). But the Tweets gave us all some insight into his mentality. If nothing else, it made our country look foolish for electing a dumbass. Even though Biden isn't good (imo), I'd much rather have him in there than Trump now that we're having to deal with Russia and China on a more serious level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mean tweets

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    They believe it because throughout his entire presidency the left was trying to impeach him, and they said they'd try to impeach him before he even took office. There's enough material to piece together a conspiracy if someone wants to believe it.
    It's a huge jump from "they always didn't like him and tried to impeach him through proper and legal procedure" to "there was a country wide conspiracy of hacking voting machines and widespread voter fraud to take down dear leader." Referencing his impeachments to correlate a loony toon conspiracy doesn't make sense to the average sane person.

Your comments are basically how the Trump supporters think, without due diligence to the question you have made up your mind that half the country is racist enough to delude themselves into thinking Trump actually won. Racism is real but it's always about the money. Obama won handily against white opponents. If it was about White America, that wouldn't be the case.
    First off, I believe most Americans have some sort of racial bias, even if small and remote. That's not just white people but black people, Latinos, Asians, etc. It's not inherent but learned pretty early on in life. I don't think half of the country has enough racial bias to heavily impact their entire belief system and affect their politics, voting. But maybe a quarter of the country, maybe even close to a third of it. Generally uneducated, sheltered, not well travelled folks. And maybe that's a personal stereotype I have of uneducated people who just haven't experienced much cultural diversity. But yeah, a lot of the country, but probably not half.

Race is as influential in a person's personal belief system as family, religion, gender. It shapes a person's perspective. And I think it's one of the few things that can dissuade a person from common sense, reality, and truth. And that's why I believe it's likely (and sure it's just my opinion) one of the biggest reasons so many people still support Trump.

2012 election 125 million Americans voted. 2016, 139 million. 2020, nearly 160 million. Obama won, in part, and to be clear this is just me hypothesising, because many Republicans who would be influenced by racial factors didn't vote, while black and young voters did.

How is it about the money to the average lower to middle class maga shmo? Politicians have political reasons. Billionaire corporate suits may have financial interests. But the average Trumper in those Maga rallies, what does money have to do with them still supporting Trump right now? Why is money a factor now when he isn't even in office?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Trump either

Thread Information