Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are way too high. Rockets and OKC should be better than our team. At least I hope so
    Yeah, I think Houston's going to possibly push forthe play-in. They're loaded with talent. They've done a great job.

OKC? Dunno. They still seem to suck. Presti is obsessed with losing at this point and Wembanyama is too great a treasure to miss for him.

Lakers look awful in the preseason. They could be even worse than last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

San Antonio Spurs
    spurs
    2m
    OFFICIAL: We’ve waived forward Alize Johnson. The roster now stands at 18 players. More on.nba.com/3Tpa58R

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all worth it when ping pong #1 combo arrives in south Texas

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Bucks, Clippers, and Celtics in the third tier?

i'm guessing this is a troll list since Lakers are at the top, unless it's must see tv just to laugh at them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Haven't paid much attention to the offseason. Why are the Heat "Woof?" They were in the East finals last year. And the Lakers being "must see" is only because train wrecks are strangely fascinating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks, Clippers, and Celtics in the third tier?

i'm guessing this is a troll list since Lakers are at the top, unless it's must see tv just to laugh at them
    The blue check mark does post a lot of tongue in cheek material but he did provide his metrics for how the list was put together with like 10 different factors, all related to tuning in as spectators. Fake show is absolutely a must watch for me just to catch their L’s

Haven't paid much attention to the offseason. Why are the Heat "Woof?" They were in the East finals last year. And the Lakers being "must see" is only because train wrecks are strangely fascinating.
    Yes definitely this guy’s ranking is on ‘how interesting it will be to sit down and watch the teams play’. So the account is calling the Heat boring all around - their style of play, their announcing team, the timeout entertainment, and even the commercials shown on LP.

LA is gold this year. James potentially ball hogging to get Jabber’s record, Davis trying to stay healthy, Beverley being an irritant, Westbrook bricking, and for Spurs fans seeing how Walker fares.

As for San Antonio, I haven’t been this interested to watch a season start since 2017-2018. We got so many young guns who’ll play that watching each guy improve game to game is compelling. To the viewers at large, I’m sure they hardly recognize a single player on the roster. Hence why we got our own category named as some deep shade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz just waived Jared Butler. Like him as a combo guard with playmaking skills. I'm sure the Spurs want to go all in on Wesley, but Butler would be more insurance against Tre Jones not panning out, I think.

Probably won't happen though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz just waived Jared Butler. Like him as a combo guard with playmaking skills. I'm sure the Spurs want to go all in on Wesley, but Butler would be more insurance against Tre Jones not panning out, I think.

Same. Granted, he's already 22 and was a high usage/low efficiency gunner as a rookie, but I'd still rather take a flier on him than Langford or Wieskamp.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's a guy I liked coming out a couple years ago..he probably doesn't fit with all the young guys we have at the position but I wouldn't hate bringing him aboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This does not feel like a tier list about who is good or not but who should be watched or not ... I guess the Heat are boring. Whatever the objective of the list is, it leaves a lot of open flanks for discussion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This does not feel like a tier list about who is good or not but who should be watched or not ... I guess the Heat are boring. Whatever the objective of the list is, it leaves a lot of open flanks for discussion
    I wouldn't take this too seriously- it's meant to be funny
    The way he derived his rankings is quite fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way are there 3 better mascots than the coyote ... still cannot believe how much money the Denver guy gets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs didn’t have the annual silver and black scrimmage this year. I guess the spurs didn’t think there would be enough fan interest to show up for a free scrimmage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp someone gets cut today, I think it's going to be Wieskamp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheapest move would be waiving KBD. I'd guess it'd be Langford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp someone gets cut today, I think it's going to be Wieskamp.
    That would be my guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way are there 3 better mascots than the coyote ... still cannot believe how much money the Denver guy gets
    You can quibble (or Kibble if speaking directly about the coyote)) but I found it it pretty funny. The Lakers bit about being high on Drama and Villainy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Wolves and Pels are better than this suggests and the Mavs are worse.

The West is overall pretty lousy -- I see the Warriors with an extremely good chance to get back into the Finals when there's no seasoned, great East team to knock them off.

I also think the Lakers are inconsequential despite having LeBron and Davis. I'm not sure the Spurs will be that much worse than last year.

Mystified by where they place the Jazz.

I thought some of the projections were odd too, so followed it up with a little research. Here's what the original article on fivethirtyeight.com says about New Orleans:

"Both the Clippers and Pelicans figure to benefit from the new way we are projecting minutes on a game-to-game basis this season, but those effects will not be seen until games actually start being played. (New Orleans will also benefit from Zion Williamson actually playing and presumably producing at a high level, which will quickly improve his rest-of-season projection.)"

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/everyones-a-favorite-in-our-2022-23-nba-forecast/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl shooting 3s, is he gonna have an outside game this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl shooting 3s, is he gonna have an outside game this year?
    he works on that every offseason, then proceeds to shoot 50% from the 3-point line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he works on that every offseason, then proceeds to shoot 50% from the 3-point line
    Maybe it's higher than his FT%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some thoughtful answers.

Wish he'd stop saying "I feel like..." every other sentence though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't take this too seriously- it's meant to be funny
    The way he derived his rankings is quite fun

Hey, we got a 9 for broadcast team, jerseys, and mascot...that's pretty solid

Thread Information