Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There could be trades, or they could eat Langford's $$$ and keep Wieskamp. We're not even close to the salary floor yet. It's a rookie contract 4th year for a 14th pick. Not going to break the bank.
    I wouldn’t hold your breath. No traction anywhere on Spida, Kyrie, KD or Russ. Asking prices are redic. Similarly we are probably asking quite abit for Jak and he's a good boy so he might get a market or above market deal next summer. You won’t get much for JRich and McDermott is a negative asset.

There is a good chance all three of Jak, McD and JRich are at training camp. I wouldn’t be surprised if JRich becomes a buy-out candidate if he plays his cards right and is professional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t hold your breath. No traction anywhere on Spida, Kyrie, KD or Russ. Asking prices are redic. Similarly we are probably asking quite abit for Jak and he's a good boy so he might get a market or above market deal next summer. You won’t get much for JRich and McDermott is a negative asset.

There is a good chance all three of Jak, McD and JRich are at training camp. I wouldn’t be surprised if JRich becomes a buy-out candidate if he plays his cards right and is professional.
    I see almost no chance of McD being traded until next summer, at the earliest. I think JRich goes out at the deadline. I get what you're saying about Jak, but I keep coming back to what timvp said about having offers of multiple picks, and them holding out for more. At some point, they'll probably pull the trigger.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There could be trades, or they could eat Langford's $$$ and keep Wieskamp. We're not even close to the salary floor yet. It's a rookie contract 4th year for a 14th pick. Not going to break the bank.
    Fair point. I also think it’s an awkward situation where we assume Langford is not in the cards, but still may be a better player than Wieskamp, and so cutting the player with a higher ceiling who already has guaranteed money does seem a little weird to me, but it’s not my money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see almost no chance of McD being traded until next summer, at the earliest. I think JRich goes out at the deadline. I get what you're saying about Jak, but I keep coming back to what timvp said about having offers of multiple picks, and them holding out for more. At some point, they'll probably pull the trigger.
    I’m in agreement. All three remain lube for someone else’s trade but both Jak and JRich’s value are decreasing.

Call me crazy because I think Jak is solid but I’d take a top 10 protected pick and an expiring end if the bench vet for him in a heartbeat versus paying him next summer. Throw a healthy Zollins to the wolves and let him sink or swim as the starting center and see what he can do. If he plays well you have another valuable trade chip with that team option or a potential future building block.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best two players gone in last year or so.

Best two recent top tier stars gone for nothing.

Retreads, rookies no one else wanted, and marginal talent remain. Those with any talent have limitations.

Over the hill coach and a dysfunctional front office also remain.

Exciting to start training camp soon? No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Retreads, rookies no one else wanted, and marginal talent remain. Those with any talent have limitations.

I think it’s call “rebuilding”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol. Well when you put it that way...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s call “rebuilding”.
    Problem is they can’t seem to commit to it. Come March when teams start ducking out of the race for the playoffs it’ll be interesting to see how they react. I’m confident if the play-in is in reach because other teams have shut it down due to injuries or to outright tank we are still going to go full steam.

The rebuild starts when Pop retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is they can’t seem to commit to it. Come March when teams start ducking out of the race for the playoffs it’ll be interesting to see how they react. I’m confident if the play-in is in reach because other teams have shut it down due to injuries or to outright tank we are still going to go full steam.

Portland, Indy, and Det all tanked hard at the end, and they all DROPPED from their finishing spots. The place you want to finish to jump into the top 4 is 7th. Every year of the new draft odds, four seasons overall, the #7 team has jumped in, three times to #4, and once to #1 overall. Lucky 7.

Since the advent of the new odds four drafts ago, the worst team has never won the lottery. Finishing in the bottom four, it's little better than a coin flip if you will even stay there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, I can’t disagree completely. Now, with having secured his record, will that change his approach? Probably not, to be honest. But it’s hard to say what his motivation is for next year, other than going to restaurants and chilling with sommeliers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I can’t disagree completely. Now, with having secured his record, will that change his approach? Probably not, to be honest. But it’s hard to say what his motivation is for next year, other than going to restaurants and chilling with sommeliers.
    I probably say teaching the kids would be a motivation for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by ace3g; 08-30-2022 at 06:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This boring ass offseason needs to end already. We gotta be closing in on the official training camp start date. I assume it'd have to be between the 19-26th September.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This boring ass offseason needs to end already. We gotta be closing in on the official training camp start date. I assume it'd have to be between the 19-26th September.

• Sept. 23: First allowable date for players participating in preseason games outside North America
      to report to their teams (no earlier than 11 a.m. local time)
    • Sept. 24: Training camps open for all teams participating in preseason games outside North
      America
    • Sept. 26: First allowable date for all other veteran players to report to their teams (no earlier than
      11 a.m. local time)
    • Sept. 27: NBA training camps open
    • Sept. 30: NBA preseason games begin

Key dates for 2022-23 NBA season | NBA.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming Barlow and Hall have the 2 way contracts covered.

Kuhse, KBD, Alize, Langford, Weiskmap likely battling it out for 2 spots.

I see Kuhse, KBD and Alize gone but Langford seems to be abit of an unknown. The limited film of him as a Spur doesn’t seem like he cares to be here. Haven’t heard a peep about him either. I’m actually looking forward to see him getting some run in the pre-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 09-27-2022 at 07:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm is no one going to post the latest updates? Theres been several interviews happening. Me and ace and batmanu cant be the only ones keeping yall up to date lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wont post the videos coz aint nobody got time for dat anymore

but heres what stood out for me

Blake saying he’s learning from Tre and remarked how good he was at finishing inside
    JRich saying he thinks both KJ and Vassell will take a big leap this year. DV will be given more opportunities than spot ups
    McDermott saying Primo has had a really good offseason and is counting on him to have a big year
    Mcd also said Tre has not lost an open gym game all summer
    Primo saying he considers himself more positionless when asked if he will take a pg role. But said he looks forward to handling the ball more with DJ out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming Barlow and Hall have the 2 way contracts covered.

Kuhse, KBD, Alize, Langford, Weiskmap likely battling it out for 2 spots.

I see Kuhse, KBD and Alize gone but Langford seems to be abit of an unknown. The limited film of him as a Spur doesn’t seem like he cares to be here. Haven’t heard a peep about him either. I’m actually looking forward to see him getting some run in the pre-season.
    Kuhse is pure training camp fodder in route to Austin. Interestingly he was 6 years in College....
    Langford is interesting-former number 14 pick, but 3 years in and nothing. I can only see them keeping him because his contract is guaranteed and potential trade filler down the road.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is between Langford and KBD. I predict KBD wins the camp battle again. Both guys can't shoot and is not really valuable in terms of development. Does not make sense to think of Weiskamp getting cut, he just signed a guaranteed contract and he can shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is between Langford and KBD. I predict KBD wins the camp battle again. Both guys can't shoot and is not really valuable in terms of development. Does not make sense to think of Weiskamp getting cut, he just signed a guaranteed contract and he can shoot.
    To me, it’s an absolute coin flip. KBD is now quite redundant, with the drafting of Sochan, and the signing of Roby. OTOH, Langford is redundant, too. Depends how they feel about dead cap money. There’s more if they cut Langford. His contract may also be more useful in trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ they know what they have in KBD. I’m not sure they know what they have in Langford but it’ll come down to at ude, work ethic, hustle etc as neither appear to be anything more than fringe NBA players
    Pop said it at media day: they are developing young men to have long successful careers in basketball. Basically said we are here for the greater good to give guys opportunities. It’s not about talent or upside as many of these are not NBA players to begin with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine being in a coma for like five years, waking up today and looking at this roster...

Who?

Thread Information