Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    St Maximin’s goal
    If he could actually start to score he will terrorize the wide backs even more.

For G Austex if he really likes Spurs:

Tottenham is the only top club in the EPL who actually does not care about ball control.
    They look for the counter starting from their half of the field more than any other club who is winning in the EPL.
    Somewhat like Real and Atletico but not as potent as Real last season of course.
    If Bissouma actually plays like he did at Brighton, the defensive midfield is awesome with Bentancur as his partner. Hoiberg may need to sit.
    He has not assimilated as fast of Perisic but Bissouma is a good as it gets at taking the ball away and securing it and then starting an attack. So it will be interesting to see if Bissouma can give Conte what he wants.

Son actually threw a fit today when he was taken off for Richarlison. I was sure Kuluesvki was the guy off but he stayed on. Richarlison then made a perfect pass for an easy header by Kane to put the game away. There will be compe ion for spots up front.

The back is a bit of a surprise. I was sure Emerson Royal would sit as he is not good enough on the ball but Conte must like the guy. Conte claims he has learned well just like Davies. both these guys... I never thought Conte would use them or like their style. Apparently he does. I also thought the other wing with Sessgnon was gonna be a failure as he is very young and green. But Conte appears to like his progress as well. The CB are a problem though. Dyer and Sanchez (because Romero is injured) are not good enough against the big teams unless, Bissouma and Bentancur can form a partnership. Lloris is still valuable from an experience point of view. He is still really good at coming up but he is just not as fast. Luckily Conte does not require him to try and break presses with passes so he can continue to just spray the ball long from the back. Kane is so incredibly slow but he is still a good passer and scorer and can win the ball and control it off of long balls.

Thats the story imo.
    The summer window is closing, Spurs could use an actual creator from midfield (Eriksen was there for so long Spurs fans got spoiled.) and another CB.

Tottenham is at West Ham next. Throw their record out the window, they hate Spurs and will play them hard.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    How long will Son and Moura be OK with reduced minutes?
    How can Moura take the benching?
    A new player Spence? looked promising at the end
    NF played valiantly but lacked the quality when they needed
    Not sure Spurs can live long not controlling the pace and only looking for the counter

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Perisic is sucta good addition
    One of my favourite players, so underrated

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Chelsea just signing defenders this season

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    B2B hat trick for Haaland
    this time before HT

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Potter leaves Brighton for Chelsea.

Spurs were close to siding Potter up and then found out Conte was available

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    How long will Son and Moura be OK with reduced minutes?
    How can Moura take the benching?
    A new player Spence? looked promising at the end
    NF played valiantly but lacked the quality when they needed
    Not sure Spurs can live long not controlling the pace and only looking for the counter
    Son will be fine as as he is playing, just not scoring goals. He has had his chances.
    he is still important to the team.
    Lucas Moura is a different story.

I like Lucas and hope he stays on and get some minutes here and there. Spurs can use the depth.
    and as lefty stated, Perisic, being able to cross with both feet has been very important as the spurs have players that had the ball very well. Very good player, fits ride in

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Lizzy, RIP, interrupting my EPL watching

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lizzy, RIP, interrupting my EPL watching

Still can't believe Man. City let Gabriel Jesus go to Arsenal... dumbest move ever for them....

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Still can't believe Man. City let Gabriel Jesus go to Arsenal... dumbest move ever for them....
    Not really they are doing just fine with Haaland and Alvarez

They would've been doing even better with G.Jesus!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    They would've been doing even better with G.Jesus!
    lol it's not that simple

But it's nice to see him playing more and performing, he's very talented

lol it's not that simple

But it's nice to see him playing more and performing, he's very talented
    Ohhh, "he's very talented"... Really?? no sh*t! LOL!!
    Yeah, he's gonna kick some butt during the World Cup!

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Son will be fine as as he is playing, just not scoring goals. He has had his chances.
    he is still important to the team.
    Lucas Moura is a different story.

I like Lucas and hope he stays on and get some minutes here and there. Spurs can use the depth.
    and as lefty stated, Perisic, being able to cross with both feet has been very important as the spurs have players that had the ball very well. Very good player, fits ride in
    Son off the bench goes for a hat trick in 30 minutes.

Quite a welcome back to scoring goals which he is prolific at.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Surprising start by the gunners and the Spurs. City is still consistent, adding Haaland was a good move. Liverpool and Chelsea fell of the cliff. United with 4 consecutive victories.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Surprising start by the gunners and the Spurs. City is still consistent, adding Haaland was a good move. Liverpool and Chelsea fell of the cliff. United with 4 consecutive victories.
    Perisic is one of my favorite players, criminally underrated, signing him was a smart move

Not surprised by Arsenal's start, though their defense can be a hit and miss

Uncle Tom Mo Salah is missing Mané, isn't he; Liverpool players lok tired though; Klopp is great coach but playing that intense press for so many years in so many games has probably taken a toll on their players

Chelsea's struggle is not surprising with the ownership change and Tuchel acting like a spoiled kid, then him getting replaced

Haaland is gnna score 50 goals at this rate lol; Alvarez is a a great signing as well, another 9 who can also play on the RW

Mahrez needs to to wake the up though, I've defended him on this board as he is usually a slow starter and then flips the switch but he has been less assertive than usual
    Not sure if it's because he signed a juicy extension or because of his bimbo wife

He did recruit Haaland though, so that counts for something

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Perisic is one of my favorite players, criminally underrated, signing him was a smart move

Not surprised by Arsenal's start, though their defense can be a hit and miss

Uncle Tom Mo Salah is missing Mané, isn't he; Liverpool players lok tired though; Klopp is great coach but playing that intense press for so many years in so many games has probably taken a toll on their players

Chelsea's struggle is not surprising with the ownership change and Tuchel acting like a spoiled kid, then him getting replaced

Haaland is gnna score 50 goals at this rate lol; Alvarez is a a great signing as well, another 9 who can also play on the RW

Mahrez needs to to wake the up though, I've defended him on this board as he is usually a slow starter and then flips the switch but he has been less assertive than usual
    Not sure if it's because he signed a juicy extension or because of his bimbo wife

He did recruit Haaland though, so that counts for something
    Liverpool definitely missing Mané, not sure why they let him walk away. Something then happened there. Haaland may score 50, but how high will be rated much depends to who and when. It will be interesting to see if Arsenal, the Spurs and United can shadow and put pressure on the Citizens. The PL kinda became predictable.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Big game tomorrow
    North London darby
    Go Spurs

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Big game tomorrow
    North London darby
    Go Spurs
    Well crap

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    MU fans leaving the stadium before HT

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    City vs United 6:3

Strange to see Cristiano and Casemiro warming the bench. Two hat-tricks by Haaland and Foden. United managed to make some honour goals.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Inter vs Barcelona 1:0
    Club Brugge vs Atlético Madrid 2:0, missed penalty by Griezmann

One could say Simeone should be out, but the team is alive in La Liga and the Champions. In the end, what matters is how the seasons finish, not how they start.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Inter vs Barcelona 1:0
    Club Brugge vs Atlético Madrid 2:0, missed penalty by Griezmann

One could say Simeone should be out, but the team is alive in La Liga and the Champions. In the end, what matters is how the seasons finish, not how they start.
    Wrong thread tbh

Thread Information