Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I liked your post. We can poke holes in each of these teams. I don't understand how it is difficult to comprehend that NBA is story line/drama fueled

- Jordan failed and steadily rose up the ladder to defeat his boogeyman. Became the bully.
    - Returned and failed
    - Regrouped, conquered and remained the Man on the hill

These are story lines everyone connects with. Jordan doesn't just have the best story on the hardwood, he has great one off it. Hardwork, focus and sacrifice.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 08-26-2022 at 10:58 PM.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Giannis has little technical skills and he's unstoppable today.
    completely untrue. wtf are you smoking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron easily as that bubble Disney crap tourney does not count as a chip.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Elgin, technically
    I know the answer should be the pedophille or Russ
    I’ll say my boy GP the glove
    This is the correct answer. For me, 2nd would be Eddie Jones.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lebron James. Covid bubble isn't fooling me.
    2020 >>> 1999PERIODT!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked your post. We can poke holes in each of these teams. I don't understand how it is difficult to comprehend that NBA is story line/drama fueled

- Jordan failed and steadily rose up the ladder to defeat his boogeyman. Became the bully.
    - Returned and failed

These are story lines everyone connects with. Jordan doesn't just have the best story on the hardwood, he has great one off it. Hardwork, focus and sacrifice.
    I agree with most. And that the story was heavily controlled by jordan. He had a great relationship with the press and used it to his advantage. He forced the league to adopt rules to his advantage. He kept his past in the dark to keep a squeaky clean image, his womanizing didn’t come up until recently. Him being an absolutely horrible human being is changed to his compe ive and driven he is.

If jordan landed on an incompetent team, like the hawks or the kings, his career would be like that of Nique or tmac. Dominant individual with no playoff success. He’d probably do better than those two but his legacy will be nowhere close to what it is today. Yet he continuously clashed with ownership who expertly built a team around him. He is now trashing his teammates to buildup his own legacy. His HoF speech was so cringy that even his media fanbois couldn’t twist it into a positive and chose to ignore it.

Jordan was great, the GoAT based on accolades, narratives and such, but his edge over Lebron, wilt and Kareem are almost exclusively due to narratives and image.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with both of you

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I agree with most. And that the story was heavily controlled by jordan. He had a great relationship with the press and used it to his advantage. He forced the league to adopt rules to his advantage. He kept his past in the dark to keep a squeaky clean image, his womanizing didn’t come up until recently. Him being an absolutely horrible human being is changed to his compe ive and driven he is.

If jordan landed on an incompetent team, like the hawks or the kings, his career would be like that of Nique or tmac. Dominant individual with no playoff success. He’d probably do better than those two but his legacy will be nowhere close to what it is today. Yet he continuously clashed with ownership who expertly built a team around him. He is now trashing his teammates to buildup his own legacy. His HoF speech was so cringy that even his media fanbois couldn’t twist it into a positive and chose to ignore it.

Jordan was great, the GoAT based on accolades, narratives and such, but his edge over Lebron, wilt and Kareem are almost exclusively due to narratives and image.
    Yes this is fair. But I think it just fuels his story. He was a 6 foot 6 flawed Man.

Overall what you say is in the Do entaries. It's not a secret or unheard of.

We enjoyed a glorious Disney stile athletic showcase. Better than any in sport I've enjoyed since.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How are you even mentioning Kareem in this conversation? Dude wasn't even guaranteed to take you to .500 in his prime when he didn't have Oscar or Magic as a teammate. Magic completely saved Abdul-Jabbar's legacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic and Oscar Westbrook didn’t win any le without Kream tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are you even mentioning Kareem in this conversation? Dude wasn't even guaranteed to take you to .500 in his prime when he didn't have Oscar or Magic as a teammate. Magic completely saved Abdul-Jabbar's legacy.
    His general story is about as good as it comes, outside of those two years. The league was also weaker than an anorexic as the aba took so much talent with them and Kareem still sucked. That said his years of dominance was just really up there. His absolutely prime was only rivalled by shaq, wilt, bird, jordan, Lebron and hakeem. Duncan, as great as he was, just didn’t have the stats because of the pace of the spurs. M
    Kareem’s laker championship years were also not that great given he was putting up about 22/8 when leading players were routinely putting up 30 points or 13 rebounds.

That said, he did have six rings, played twnety years in an age when players generally play about ten, six mvps, led the league in scoring rebounding and blocks multiple times, finals mvp twice, I don’t even know how many all nba teams and allstar teams. His resume is just amazing and not too many people can measure up to that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Malone, Payton were both role players by the time they got to the Lakers and Westbrook is dog
    I don’t disagree… depends on if the question was at the time they played or if we speak total resume or talent.
    If it’s the latter it’s still Elgin or Pedo
    But as a personal favorite non Laker of mine, for me it’s GP (heavy bias)
    Physical talent Russ in convo but as a laker he can’t shoot any better than me

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Easily Elgin Baylor
    Reason I said technically he was on a team that won iirc but retired early that season …

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His general story is about as good as it comes, outside of those two years. The league was also weaker than an anorexic as the aba took so much talent with them and Kareem still sucked. That said his years of dominance was just really up there. His absolutely prime was only rivalled by shaq, wilt, bird, jordan, Lebron and hakeem. Duncan, as great as he was, just didn’t have the stats because of the pace of the spurs. M
    Kareem’s laker championship years were also not that great given he was putting up about 22/8 when leading players were routinely putting up 30 points or 13 rebounds.

That said, he did have six rings, played twnety years in an age when players generally play about ten, six mvps, led the league in scoring rebounding and blocks multiple times, finals mvp twice, I don’t even know how many all nba teams and allstar teams. His resume is just amazing and not too many people can measure up to that.
    Kareem also won FMVP at age 38
    And he did it against a pretty good frontline

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kareem is the best Laker of all time, a true Muslim

Kobe is DEAF DUMB AND BLIND, HE SHALL NOT SEE

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reason I said technically he was on a team that won iirc but retired early that season …
    Might as well say Paula Abdul is an NBA champion if you're going to give Baylor a le for being a fan.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Might as well say Paula Abdul is an NBA champion if you're going to give Baylor a le for being a fan.
    Nah which is why I said Elgin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better question is who was the best Laker to win a championship not being the top dog... even though answer is quite easy.. that's #12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better question is who was the best Laker to win a championship not being the top dog... even though answer is quite easy.. that's #12
    No it's not a better question, you could start another thread if you want to.
    Besides Wilt the Stilt wore #13, Kream or Magic by math one of them has to be 2nd dog, healthy Odom #7.

The almond headed helicopter accident dude might make the top 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Returned and failed

And gambling, and a failed baseball career and rumors of rampant cheating on his wife. Also was not beloved by many teammates. Yes some role model but he had that smile of course.

Thread Information