Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would our front office do so? Given the fact we have great first round draft picks for a high chance.

It's a slow Spurs news month, I'm interested in what you guys think. Showtime SA?

I see Bronny as a Dwade type of player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would our front office do so? Given the fact we have great first round draft picks for a high chance.

It's a slow Spurs news month, I'm interested in what you guys think. Showtime SA?

I see Bronny as a Dwade type of player.
    No fk LBJ. He would never come here anyways. He will play with Bronny where he wants to on his own terms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. We’re either rebuilding, or we’re not. The fact that LA had to poach AD from the Pels shows that he can not put a team on his back anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a better chance Michael Jordan finds a genie in a bottle and has two wishes were he chooses to be young again and chooses to play for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs drafted Bronny, pretty sure Lebron would gladly come here and not force a trade to the Flamers.

Even Grandpa stupid would be fine with Lebron at vet minimum, which is what Lebron said he will play for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of the draft, a forced trade or a washed up role player looking for another paycheck, no one will come to SA until Pop retires. They don't really want to play under him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting an aging star on his decline on the books to stunt the rebuild? Nah, hard pass stay the corse. And this is even putting his deva tendencies aside.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of the draft, a forced trade or a washed up role player looking for another paycheck, no one will come to SA until Pop retires. They don't really want to play under him.
    I don't always agree with Pop but I suppose that's why 3 hall of famers spent their entire career here. And make that four including Robinson. And Parker's last year doesn't count because he left for the hope of more playing time because Pop was going to a younger player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't always agree with Pop but I suppose that's why 3 hall of famers spent their entire career here. And make that four including Robinson. And Parker's last year doesn't count because he left for the hope of more playing time because Pop was going to a younger player.
    He left to save face for the organization and try and keep Leonard. Sacrificial lamb. Charlotte made sense for Parker to be around MJ. Kawhi was never coming back with Parker on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Separate homegrown stars from free agents. Nobody wants to be here. Which is why we have to overpay guys like Pau, Gay, McBooger etc etc later in their career to come.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Separate homegrown stars from free agents. Nobody wants to be here. Which is why we have to overpay guys like Pau, Gay, McBooger etc etc later in their career to come.
    I agree that SA is not a prime free agent destination. I just don't think that blame all falls on Pop. And I understand there was more to Parker leaving but Kawhi was gone first chance he got no matter what .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that SA is not a prime free agent destination. I just don't think that blame all falls on Pop. And I understand there was more to Parker leaving but Kawhi was gone first chance he got no matter what .
    It’s not just that San Antonio is a 3rd tier American City. It’s Spurs culture. It’s become punitive. That starts with Pop.

We don’t have guys like Tim, Tony, Manu and DRob leading the way anymore. Players put up with the perfect character stuff for years so they could win. Who is leading by example now?

Even worse, PATFO and sniffers don’t think it’s a problem. Literally taking away from Tim Duncan’s legacy when they try and say this is the San Antonio Spurs way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not just that San Antonio is a 3rd tier American City. It’s Spurs culture. It’s become punitive. That starts with Pop.

We don’t have guys like Tim, Tony, Manu and DRob leading the way anymore. Players put up with the perfect character stuff for years so they could win. Who is leading by example now?

Even worse, PATFO and sniffers don’t think it’s a problem. Literally taking away from Tim Duncan’s legacy when they try and say this is the San Antonio Spurs way.
    I still think it is a combination of talent, character, and culture that wins. That is why some of these front running super team combos fail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think it is a combination of talent, character, and culture that wins. That is why some of these front running super team combos fail.
    I don’t disagree with that asset mix however all we have is character to the max; so much so it compromises talent.

Some of it isn’t even true character. It’s just ppl playing the politics to get paid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t disagree with that asset mix however all we have is character to the max; so much so it compromises talent.

Some of it isn’t even true character. It’s just ppl playing the politics to get paid.
    Obviously we are in a down cycle for talent and hopefully we are on the upswing of the cycle there. It will take time. Even so it is most difficult to get the proper mix or proportion of those three factors. Yes I thought we hung on too long but time will now tell. I am anxious for the season to start to see if I am cheering on the young guys or throwing something at the Tv
    cursing at Pop or MCd taking a youngster's time. Understand, I am not a Pop hater but neither am I a sniffer. Thanks for the conversation, I don't post much mainly because some folks get all insulted when someone disagrees with them and also there are many posters who pretty much cover all angles of any situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously we are in a down cycle for talent and hopefully we are on the upswing of the cycle there. It will take time. Even so it is most difficult to get the proper mix or proportion of those three factors. Yes I thought we hung on too long but time will now tell. I am anxious for the season to start to see if I am cheering on the young guys or throwing something at the Tv
    cursing at Pop or MCd taking a youngster's time. Understand, I am not a Pop hater but neither am I a sniffer. Thanks for the conversation, I don't post much mainly because some folks get all insulted when someone disagrees
    with them and also there are many posters who pretty much cover all angles of any situation.
    I respect your views sir. If Pop is playing McD heavy minutes, remember it’s for a greater good!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I respect your views sir. If Pop is playing McD heavy minutes, remember it’s for a greater good!
    If that happens I think I'll set up one of my old TVs and get my old M1 carbine I bought at a police auction for 22 dollars in 1973 and relieve some frustration.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop had little to nothing to do with 4 Hall of Famers (or future, in Parker's case) spending their actual or virtually entire career here.

His relationship with Duncan played a part, but clearly the number one reason they stayed together was because they genuinely enjoyed one another and knew they had a special thing going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop had little to nothing to do with 4 Hall of Famers (or future, in Parker's case) spending their actual or virtually entire career here.

His relationship with Duncan played a part, but clearly the number one reason they stayed together was because they genuinely enjoyed one another and knew they had a special thing going.
    Plenty of other teams have had talented cores, but came apart like cotton candy.

His relation with Duncan played a part? His relation with Duncan was everything. Because Tim allowed himself to be coached, everything worked. No one could bark back at Pop if he yelled at Tim. That didn’t happen by accident. Right after the draft, Pop flew to Saint Croix, and spent time with Tim and his family. You ever hear of another coach doing that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of other teams have had talented cores, but came apart like cotton candy.

His relation with Duncan played a part? His relation with Duncan was everything. Because Tim allowed himself to be coached, everything worked. No one could bark back at Pop if he yelled at Tim. That didn’t happen by accident. Right after the draft, Pop flew to Saint Croix, and spent time with Tim and his family. You ever hear of another coach doing that?
    Yeah, how about giving the core players credit for once instead of the old white man?

I know the story/mythologizing, but Duncan always liked it here and was close with Robinson from the jump. Once Duncan was anchored in place, Parker and Ginobili were never going anywhere.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of course the players played the greatest role in their success and were also a huge part in staying together. Pop always acknowledged that. But Pop was a part of the equation. It was a unique situation and may never happen again. It seems like you let your hate for Pop override everything else.
    Last edited by rogcl1; 09-01-2022 at 04:56 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course the players played a huge role in their success and in staying together. Pop always acknowledged that. But Pop was a part of the equation. It was a unique situation and may never happen again. It seems like you let your hate for Pop override everything else.
    Nobody is saying he wasn't a part of the equation, but you, like many, give him far too much credit.

I don't hate Pop, but there's no where else where they have anywhere near the success that was had here where the best player(s) aren't given the majority of the credit. It's a disservice to them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is saying he wasn't a part of the equation, but you, like many, give him far too much credit.

I don't hate Pop, but there's no where else where they have anywhere near the success that was had here where the best player(s) aren't given the majority of the credit. It's a disservice to them.
    I am not a blind Pop follower but I do think he has done a good job on many things and sucked at others. As you say some give him too much credit ,I simply say some give too much blame. I actually earned a living in this game for a while and believe me I know that you win with good players and that the players deserve the credit if you win and the coach is at fault if you lose. It is the nature of the beast. We are not too far apart here for whatever its worth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not a blind Pop follower but I do think he has done a good job on many things and sucked at others. As you say some give him too much credit ,I simply say some give too much blame. I actually earned a living in this game for a while and believe me I know that you win with good players and that the players deserve the credit if you win and the coach is at fault if you lose. It is the nature of the beast. We are not too far apart here for whatever its worth.
    In general, coaches get far too much blame for losses too. Especially in the "player empowerment"/ genized style of play era, they're just not that important and far too much time is spent dissecting them.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL has never heard of Phil Jackson

Thread Information