Page 118 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3523
    My Team
    FC Bayern Munich
    Post Count
    Argentina vs Croatia 3:0

Messi on a penalty, two goals by #9 Álvarez. I think Messi assisted both.

Argentina to finals.
    thanks for the update

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It's true though. This Moroccan team benefited hugely by being raised and trained in Europe, just as France did by having such an incredible wealth of talent of African roots at their disposal. Not good or bad, simply facts.
    I think French develop this « African » talent, they really start young, never bring already established players to the NT. It’s just they bring the strongest, fastest, most talented and willing go to academies. Some are of French ethnicity, most it seems aren’t. But it’s like that since the 70’s, with some gouvernemental sponsored program sponsored by the ministry of sport.

Argentina probably also has ministry of sports I guess, for a fact I know Brazil has it too, but the development is at club level, I guess. Messi is also from Barça’s Massia academy, though he was already a prospect when arrived.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    thanks for the update

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Argentina young bucks are pretty damn good. Too bad Misty is too old otherwise this could be a huge dinasty. Too late.

Also argentina defense is not great at all. France is superior in everything.

Still its commendable Argentina got to the finals with relative ease.

Well done. Ifbsomehow they can beat France they will deserve their third? Wc? It would be well deserved. Its just very unlikely.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Argentina probably also has ministry of sports I guess, for a fact I know Brazil has it too, but the development is at club level, I guess. Messi is also from Barça’s Massia academy, though he was already a prospect when arrived.
    We do but, unfortunately, more often than not whenever the government lays a hand on anything, it's to make matters worse. But every now and then there are National programs that are very successful and have fantastic results, like it happened in youth football in the Pekerman era, from 1995 to about 2007 (between him and his successors that were aligned with his way of thinking)... in that period of time Argentina won FIVE U20 World Cups (Qatar '95, Malaysia '97, Argentina '01, Netherlands '05, Canada '07) and Scaloni was actually a part of that '97 team as well as many of his assistants (Aimar, Samuel).
    Unfortunately that process was interrupted by shenannigans within the Football Association (a presidential election with 75 voters ended up 38-38... yes, no joke), and a number of hand picked coaches led to disasters in both South Africa '10 & Russia '18. That's the Argentinian way, we intervene to make things worse than they would have been otherwise. Luckily every now and then there's a rare breach in the pattern and common sense breaks in, and you get a Sabella or Scaloni instead of a Maradona, Batista or Sampaoli.
    Last edited by Ariel; 12-13-2022 at 07:21 PM.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Argentina young bucks are pretty damn good. Too bad Misty is too old otherwise this could be a huge dinasty. Too late.

Also argentina defense is not great at all. France is superior in everything.

Still its commendable Argentina got to the finals with relative ease.

Well done. Ifbsomehow they can beatbFrance wñthey will deserve their third? Wc? It would be well deserved. Its just very unlikely.
    Nah. France are the Champions and rightful favorites, but there's not a huge talent gap and it's not a done deal by any means. If Argentina remains healthy, plays smart and doesn't make stupid mistakes, we have a real shot at the WC, like we did in '14 in spite of Germany being the overwhelming favorite. Or we could lose, but nothing is set in stone thus far.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Nah. France are the Champions and rightful favorites, but there's not a huge talent gap and it's not a done deal by any means. If Argentina remains healthy, plays smart and doesn't make stupid mistakes, we have a real shot at the WC, like we did in '14 in spite of Germany being the overwhelming favorite. Or we could lose, but nothing is set in stone thus far.
    Argentina has a punchers chance. Even they will probably be a good bet. I will probably bet on them.

But thats it. This is frances WC to lose

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    DAF86 Canyonero

Your River Plate boy and your GOAT

Alvarez carrying Messi in both of those photos

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    DAF86 Canyonero

Otamendi + misty + young bucks + coach + luck. Thats a recipe for a finals..

France is just a huge great wall. Most likely these nigs will hit it and wake up.

My Team
    Manchester United FC
    Post Count
    You must have missed the 2014 world cup

France is a HUGE favorite to win it all. Its not even close.
    The odds mean nothing at this point. The eyeball test says that Argentina is playing by far the best ball of any of the clubs left, and they have the best player in the world. France ain’t stopping that.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Argentina's defense has been great for quite some time now. Arguably the greatest aspect of the team, tbh.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    The odds mean nothing at this point. The eyeball test says that Argentina is playing by far the best ball of any of the clubs left, and they have the best player in the world. France ain’t stopping that.
    France has to keep from committing a penalty and they should be fine. That's doomed their past 2 opponents.

I think France can hold Argentina to 1 goal in open play.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    wc setup messi to be GOAT if he wins

now if he fails?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to see Argentina vs France in the finals. I think no team made so much damage to France during their 18’ championship run, and Argentina was finalist in 14’ that should have won tbh. Though, the French still have to win the game vs Marocco to be there. One less day to rest too.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    wc setup messi to be GOAT if he wins

now if he fails?
    Still the goat

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Jesus, 4 penalties in 6 WC games for Argentina. They're not even trying to hide it anymore
    Crazy BS penalty. Refs get quartered for that in Brazil
    Lol all croats complained and even one assistant got kick3d out

Worstvcall in the world cup tbqh
    To be fair that penaltybwas BS. It would have been called a charge even in Basketball
    General consensus is questionable penalty

GK wasn't moving
    Complete utter bull$hit:

The goalkeeper deliberately extends his leg opposite to the direction of the ball (which he MISSES) in order to put himself in the way of Julian Álvarez's path, preventing him from continuing the play. That's a BLATANT penalty. You guys seem to think this is basketball.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    DAF86 Canyonero

Álvarez reminds me a little bit of Kempes, how every rebound goes forward and those super quick reactions to make his goals.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    tbh, anything can happen in just one game... an early goal, an injury, a red card, a lucky break... both teams are worthy if they got that far, and it's a very fine line.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Rabiot and Upamecano doubtful for tonight game... we cannot catch a break tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Álvarez reminds me a little bit of Kempes, how every rebound goes forward and those super quick reactions to make his goals.
    Especially that goal in the 78 Final

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Rabiot and Upamecano doubtful for tonight game... we cannot catch a break tbh
    Poor France, they are lacking so much depth compared to Morocco

But yeah, Rabiot has been great for France tbh, I see your point

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Poor France, they are lacking so much depth compared to Morocco

But yeah, Rabiot has been great for France tbh, I see your point
    not an excuse of anykind... even without Rabiot and Dayot France should win this game, it's just the fact that it does not stop. I just read both should play tho but I guess they won't be 100%.

Thread Information