Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Brazil is way better than they were in 2018 , and in that WC they were unlucky s Belgium

Brazil’s only weakness is the fullback position

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Brazil is way better than they were in 2018 , and in that WC they were unlucky s Belgium

Brazil’s only weakness is the fullback position
    True dat

They are heavy favorites...

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    On top of having a deep deep roster, European countries are not in a great shape tbh... France is a mess (14 players injured), Germany is not doing great ties against weak England, ass kicked by Hungary, Spain defeated by a good Switzerland, Belgium struggling against wales, England ... Portugal and Netherlands doing fine but yeah Europe is meh.

A lot can happen till the WC but Brazil seems to be the team

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    On top of having a deep deep roster, European countries are not in a great shape tbh... France is a mess (14 players injured), Germany is not doing great ties against weak England, ass kicked by Hungary, Spain defeated by a good Switzerland, Belgium struggling against wales, England ... Portugal and Netherlands doing fine but yeah Europe is meh.

A lot can happen till the WC but Brazil seems to be the team
    Off topic but Cameroon lost to Uzbekistan
    How we lost a WC spot to them, I don't know,,,,,,

Belgium is stacked but they don't have that clutch player imo...

Switzerland has actually beaten France, Italy and Spain, not a bad team tbh....

Spain is good but their weakness is set piece defending...
    And Eric Garcia is utter , signed by Barcelona because of the dumb Catalan DNA.....lol...will lose his spot in Camp Nou once Kounde is back

Dutch are on the rise and that nikka Van Gaal is doing a god job

As for Portugal, something strange happened in their last game.... that dumbass Santos finally realized it's not 2016 anymore and that he has has actual offensive talent.
    Hopefully he will keep that mindset in Qatar

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Set piece defending doesn't seem like a significant weakness compared to other teams

I still think Argentina has the best resume

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Set piece defending doesn't seem like a significant weakness compared to other teams

I still think Argentina has the best resume
    Argentina lacks roster depth imho... they are serious contenders if they keep everybody healthy but that's a big if

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Off topic but Cameroon lost to Uzbekistan
    How we lost a WC spot to them, I don't know,,,,,,

Belgium is stacked but they don't have that clutch player imo...

Switzerland has actually beaten France, Italy and Spain, not a bad team tbh....

Spain is good but their weakness is set piece defending...
    And Eric Garcia is utter , signed by Barcelona because of the dumb Catalan DNA.....lol...will lose his spot in Camp Nou once Kounde is back

Dutch are on the rise and that nikka Van Gaal is doing a god job

As for Portugal, something strange happened in their last game.... that dumbass Santos finally realized it's not 2016 anymore and that he has has actual offensive talent.
    Hopefully he will keep that mindset in Qatar
    yeah Cameroon is tbh...

On the European side Switzerland and Denmark are very solid... I mean France is not doing great but I have been impressed by this Denmark they have talented players, a healthy organization on and off the field. They are no joke, it is showing that Euro was not a fluke. Good luck to whomever they will play in the WC.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    yeah Cameroon is tbh...

On the European side Switzerland and Denmark are very solid... I mean France is not doing great but I have been impressed by this Denmark they have talented players, a healthy organization on and off the field. They are no joke, it is showing that Euro was not a fluke. Good luck to whomever they will play in the WC.
    Good point I forgot about Denmark

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Argentina lacks roster depth imho... they are serious contenders if they keep everybody healthy but that's a big if
    Argentina lacks roster depth? They have the best depth since 2006. There are guys that will be left out from the 26 men roster that would have been undisputed starters in the 2014 finalist team.
    Last edited by DAF86; 09-28-2022 at 10:07 PM.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I would argue Argentina has more depth than Brazil right now, tbh... their weak spots are center forward (lautaro) and right-back.

The defense is substantially better than it's been in many years (with clowns like Rojo not around anymore), and the team is stacked in midfield (de paul, paredes, lo celso, di maria, gomez, messi, enzo fernandez)

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I would argue Argentina has more depth than Brazil right now, tbh... their weak spots are center forward (lautaro) and right-back.

The defense is substantially better than it's been in many years (with clowns like Rojo not around anymore), and the team is stacked in midfield (de paul, paredes, lo celso, di maria, gomez, messi, enzo fernandez)
    You mentioned Latauro but you forgot Alvarez tbh

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Argentina lacks roster depth? They have the best depth since 2006. There are guys that will be left out from the 26 men roster that would have been undisputed starters in the 2014 finalist team.

Not talking about numer here but in quality... Brazil will have a guy like Jesus on the bench and in attack e will probably use Rodrygo off the bench rather than Jesus tbh. When you have the luxury to let Jesus on the bench during all game, you are stacked.

In attack they have an impressive pool of players to choose from... Neymar, Raphinha, Vinicius, Jesus, Richarlison, Antony, Pedro, Firmino, Martinelli... Midfield is also stacked paqueta, casemiro, fred, guimaraes, danilo, everton, cutinho, danilo, arthur... Behind its more difficult with a lot of meh players on the wings (alves, emerson, sandro, telles... arana is out). They have also world class goal keepers.

They will probably go with richarlison, vini, neymar, raphinha, paqueta, casemiro, sandro, marquinhos, silva, militão e Alisson... What is also scary is that everybody except defending wings are on fire including neymar. First off the bench will be rodrygo who is used to that playing with vini... I mean that's the best squad of the WC right there.

Now 2 months is a long time tbh...

I root for France obviously, a close second is rooting for anyone playing against Brazil then if France is out I will root for Argentina as always.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Not talking about numer here but in quality... Brazil will have a guy like Jesus on the bench and in attack e will probably use Rodrygo off the bench rather than Jesus tbh. When you have the luxury to let Jesus on the bench during all game, you are stacked.

In attack they have an impressive pool of players to choose from... Neymar, Raphinha, Vinicius, Jesus, Richarlison, Antony, Pedro, Firmino, Martinelli... Midfield is also stacked paqueta, casemiro, fred, guimaraes, danilo, everton, cutinho, danilo, arthur... Behind its more difficult with a lot of meh players on the wings (alves, emerson, sandro, telles... arana is out). They have also world class goal keepers.

They will probably go with richarlison, vini, neymar, raphinha, paqueta, casemiro, sandro, marquinhos, silva, militão e Alisson... What is also scary is that everybody except defending wings are on fire including neymar. First off the bench will be rodrygo who is used to that playing with vini... I mean that's the best squad of the WC right there.

I root for France obviously, a close second is rooting for anyone playing against Brazil then if France is out I will root for Argentina as always.
    Yeah, I don't think Argentina has more depth than Brazil (Brazil is just crazy the amount of options they have. Their third team would probably make the quarters of the WC) but they are definitely deep. Like I said, since 2006 that Argentina hasn't had this kind of depth on every position.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't think Argentina has more depth than Brazil (Brazil is just crazy the amount of options they have. Their third team would probably make the quarters of the WC) but they are definitely deep. Like I said, since 2006 that Argentina hasn't had this kind of depth on every position.
    agreed.. when talking about Argentina lacks of depth it was compared to Brazil but truth is compared to Brazil nobody has their depth not just Argentina.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Argentina has actual leaders now, Alpha Emi Martinez and Alpha Lionel Scaloni carried Argentina to Copa Miiguel Mouse after all….

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    You mentioned Latauro but you forgot Alvarez tbh
    I didn't. He hasn't played much with the national team, tbh...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

Argentina is gonna have Dybala on the bench, if he makes the roster at all. That's how stacked the midfield is. Brazil will have trouble on the back if something happens to Marquinhos, IMO. I think that's an area where Argentina has more options.

But, you know, you have a bad game, you could be out, so a lot of this stuff on paper is relative.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Argentina is gonna have Dybala on the bench, if he makes the roster at all. That's how stacked the midfield is. Brazil will have trouble on the back if something happens to Marquinhos, IMO. I think that's an area where Argentina has more options.

But, you know, you have a bad game, you could be out, so a lot of this stuff on paper is relative.
    I fully agree about Brazilian backs. That's a clear weakness but contrary to France for instance, they will have the ball 60% of the game which will lead to get less pressure on them. On the other hand France is in trouble in that regard, ideally France let the ball to the opponent but this will put a load of pressure on Varane and Kimpenbe () Lloris is good but not world class good ala Alisson...

I would be again pretty happy with anyone other than Brazil winning WC but for me we have 1 favorite Brazil and then some contenders like Argentina. At this point I would consider France as a "in the right cir stances with a bit of luck", I don't even consider France not classifying out of the Group stage a bomb just a disappointment.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lautoro is good but if you watch him play with Inter he misses a lot of sitters

I prefer Alvarez' profile, he has seamlessly played well in Man City in 2 positions (left winger and striker)

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Lautoro is good but if you watch him play with Inter he misses a lot of sitters

I prefer Alvarez' profile, he has seamlessly played well in Man City in 2 positions (left winger and striker)
    Neither has size though... Correa is the only guy, and he's young and inexperienced... not sure if he's going to make the final roster...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Neither has size though... Correa is the only guy, and he's young and inexperienced... not sure if he's going to make the final roster...
    Correa is a good role player. nothing more tbh

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    This is the weakest buildup to a World Cup tournament that I can recall.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Brazil

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    England looks to have lost at least two necessary fullbacks.
    Maybe this means they get down early in every game and are forced to actually play the game.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Brazil

yeah I saw that.. Pogba is also probably out

Thread Information